Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Joe Crawford gave him an oppurtunity to shut up and move away after the first tech, but he kept on jawing and at the time the gesture looked like a throat slit not showing the elbow.

Default Re: NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

ok so what exactly is the point of Kobe getting a flagrant foul AFTER the game is finished?

i forgot the rule, something happens with certain amounts of flagrants or technicals???

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    that part, i disagree with... he was definitely out of control and who knew what the hell he was going to do at that given moment... only after the fact are you able to second guess the call.. he could have gone into the stands for all we know. that is the reputation he has earned himself and you have to factor that in as a ref.

This has to be the dumbest statement I seen on this board. Go in the stands for what???????? Kobe was on the court. what the hell are you talking about?

I am your soldier!

Just imagine if that happened like 5 years ago, Artest would've sh*t stomped Kobe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    This has to be the dumbest statement I seen on this board. Go in the stands for what???????? Kobe was on the court. what the hell are you talking about?
    you are obviously clueless and unable to read beyond the written words... the point of the statement was to point out that artest is volatile and unpredictable and that folks making their assessments after the fact is just plain silly.

hopefully you get it now???

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    ok so what exactly is the point of Kobe getting a flagrant foul AFTER the game is finished?

i forgot the rule, something happens with certain amounts of flagrants or technicals???
    A fine

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Just imagine if that happened like 5 years ago, Artest would've sh*t stomped Kobe.
    dude if it were 5 years ago, the lakers would have an enforcer like charles oakley or something to protect kobe. stop imagining like a 5 year old weirdo.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

That's fair.
    Though they should also rescind at least one of the technical on Artest as well: his reaction didn't warrant two.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    dude if it were 5 years ago, the lakers would have an enforcer like charles oakley or something to protect kobe. stop imagining like a 5 year old weirdo.
    Hey... Genius. I used 5 years ago as a point in history. When Artest still would fight on the court.

It's not literally me matching up two rosters from 03-04 for a fight. Plus Oakley was not on the Lakers in 03-04 anyway.

I'm simply saying if it was 5 years ago, Kobe would've been punched in the grill.

I think not. Im sorry folks, but Ron Artest has earned himself that spot in history with his outrageous behavior on the court, and "off the court".

When someone issues you a tech, you sit down, and shut up. You dont pass up the ref, and go into a player's face and talk whatever he was talking.

He lost his temper, went over the refs authority, and he was tossed from the game.

Now, lets be clear here. I dont agree with him being tossed, but given the pace of the game, what was happening, and him losing his cool, and him running around, i believe his past caught up with him, and they threw him out. Simple as that.

[QUOTE=Valliant13]That's fair.
    Though they should also rescind at least one of the technical on Artest as well: his reaction didn't warrant two.[/QUOTE]

lol..i mean he only tried inciting a riot on the court and made a throat slashing gesture toward kobe. and dont give me no sht about he was pointing to his throat.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder

Uh huh, and be suspended for the entire playoffs. Wonderfully smart move that would have been. This aint THUG LIFE bro. Stuff like that gets you removed for a long time from this game.

Dumb.

And I think everyone knows what the hell a "throat slashing gesture" looks like.

He DID a throat slashing gesture. Lets not get it twisted. Dude lost his temper. Period.

shhhhhhh

artest chased kobe down and got in his face, tech one... while arguing with crawford, (who everyone in the league knows has a fairly quick whistle) crawford gave him every chance to walk away but he didn't and that was tech 2...

just because artest had a valid argument does not mean his actions were valid

when you're digging yourself in a hole the best way to get out is to stop digging