Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4298

Jackson also announced that the Lakers’ Kobe Bryant has been assessed a Flagrant Foul Penalty One for elbowing Houston’s Ron Artest in the chest area with 6:57 remaining in the fourth period of last night’s game.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 05-07-2009 at 05:47 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

Good.

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Default Re: NBA gives Kobe Bryant a flagrant foul for his elbow against Ron Artest

Interesting..

And Fisher's suspended 1 game..

That's fair, dirty elbow from the fans perspective. Glad the NBA saw the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    That's fair, dirty elbow from the fans perspective. Glad the NBA saw the same.

I agree.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

They should rescind one of Ron's tech's too.

Put yr guns up

I'm assuming the Rockets don't get the FT's at the beginning of Game 3 or anything, making it pretty meaningless from their point of view. Is there a certain # of flagrant 1's that can add up to a suspension?

I agree with the punishment, b/c clearly the league would never suspend Kobe in the playoffs. At least Kobe's cheap shots have been brought to the league's attention and if he tries that weak sh*t again, the league will be force to lay the law down...even if its upon its golden boy.

Would have been a good call at the time, does it make any difference when called after the game though ?

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    True.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    that part, i disagree with... he was definitely out of control and who knew what the hell he was going to do at that given moment... only after the fact are you able to second guess the call.. he could have gone into the stands for all we know. that is the reputation he has earned himself and you have to factor that in as a ref.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    that part, i disagree with... he was definitely out of control and who knew what the hell he was going to do at that given moment... only after the fact are you able to second guess the call.. he could have gone into the stands for all we know. that is the reputation he has earned himself and you have to factor that in as a ref.

Please. His second tech was when he threw his elbow out showing what Kobe did to him. Definitely not tech worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC
    I agree with the punishment, b/c clearly the league would never suspend Kobe in the playoffs. At least Kobe's cheap shots have been brought to the league's attention and if he tries that weak sh*t again, the league will be force to lay the law down...even if its upon its golden boy.

Moron...Is Rondo a NBA Golden Boy too? Rondo throwing white boy into stands doesn't deserve suspension...? Fisher got suspended while Rondo got nothing..

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Please. His second tech was when he threw his elbow out showing what Kobe did to him. Definitely not tech worthy.
    Joe Crawford gave him an oppurtunity to shut up and move away after the first tech, but he kept on jawing and at the time the gesture looked like a throat slit not showing the elbow.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    actually as i was watching it, i did not know what he would do... you are able to make this assessment AFTER the fact.... when it was actually happening, who knew what he would do. so sorry, i don't agree. artest way over reacted and looked to me like he was going to fight.