Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: 60 y/o Wilt Chamberlain highlights went viral yesterday and held modern fans in awe

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Prime Chamberlain would be putting up 28p/12r/4b/3a today... maybe more.
    Honestly, I couldn't see Wilt allowing anyone in today's game to outrebound him. During his career, he led the league in rebounding every single season except for '64 and '65, and it was another GOAT rebounder, Russell, who led the league. The best rebounders in today's game are Howard and Love. They have both averaged at least 14rpg at least once in the last three seasons. Wilt was bigger, taller, stronger, and more obsessed with rebounding than they are. I could easily see him averaging at least 17 rpg in his prime today.

Default Re: 60 y/o Wilt Chamberlain highlights went viral yesterday and held modern fans in awe

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    U see this time I used a special technique that fooled 99.9% of fans out there (but not you guys you guys are too sharp). I sped up ONLY the lateral movements of players. Not the up and down movements. That way gravity still operates at normal speed, but player quickness/sprint speed is increased to make them look better. Clever trick eh?
    I also like how you made the ball look like it's moving at real time too.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Wilt's sprinting
    Hold on there, before you get all excited and react like all the 100,000 sports fans and journalists did yesterday haven't you heard these ISH experts yet? Wilt is ERA SPECIFIC. There's no way he'd be able to sprint in the modern game. The white 50's people are the only reason he's allowed to sprint. Plus the footage is sped up to make him look better and his competition's footage was kept slow so that he can pass people up. DUH

I saw a lot of nonathletic white guys...

Was that an embed video on ISH?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    No, just a screenshot of an embedded vid

Saw a lot of 5ft white dudes, not impressed..

Weak Era..

My god, Jordan's NCAA competition looks SO MUCH BETTER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCqD-VhcQhg

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Hold on there, before you get all excited and react like all the 100,000 sports fans and journalists did yesterday haven't you heard these ISH experts yet? Wilt is ERA SPECIFIC. There's no way he'd be able to sprint in the modern game. The white 50's people are the only reason he's allowed to sprint. Plus the footage is sped up to make him look better and his competition's footage was kept slow so that he can pass people up. DUH
    To me, the highlights are even more impressive than the NBA highlights I've seen of him. Most of the NBA highlights I've seen were against defenses that looked incompetent really. Lots of 1 on 1. Here, though, Wilt was doing it against triple coverage, albeit less athletic than the NBA. Now this is more like what he would be facing today.

So yes, a very important piece of video recording a center that might be the most dominant 7 footer of all time.

GOAT Commissioner

I find it odd that faker fans are hating on Wilt.

There's no such thing as an era specific player because in reality, EVERY player is era specific. You can only judge a player by how he performed against his competition at the time. Anything beyond that is speculative at best. 50 years from now people will be downplaying the greatness of LeBron, Duncan, and Kobe. I'll be called a nostalgic, senile old man for thinking those guys would dominate in 2063.

Insidehoops:

VS

Everyone else:

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/SclhY
    Last edited by Jameerthefear; 07-17-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    You have to remember those are casual fans and everyone on ISH are smart and hardcore fans.