Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Can Curry surpass Magic Johnson?

Surpassing Jordan will be difficult because of the significant edge that Jordan has on the defensive end. However, Curry might be able to surpass Magic Johnson.

Magic: 5

Default Re: Can Curry surpass Magic Johnson?

players should build super teams in the west like Lebald has been doing in the East

Kawhi and KAT to the Warriors

oops forgot about Durant, he can join too

No .

I rule the local playground

8-10 NBA championships?

Oh lord. Didn't people learn from the MIA "concert" mistake? Winning one ring is hard. Winnning back to back is even harder. The concept of winning 8-10 in today's game is pretty much a fantasy. To project that and then compare him to Magic is a waste of time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by choppermagic
    8-10 NBA championships?

Oh lord. Didn't people learn from the MIA "concert" mistake? Winning one ring is hard. Winnning back to back is even harder. The concept of winning 8-10 in today's game is pretty much a fantasy. To project that and then compare him to Magic is a waste of time.
    meh

GSW just has to remain healthy. Age is on their side. Who else is even comparable with them going forward? The Thunder? They don't even know what they're doing. Spurs? Age. Cavs? Clippers? They're in line to 3peat at least

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    meh

GSW just has to remain healthy. Age is on their side. Who else is even comparable with them going forward? The Thunder? They don't even know what they're doing. Spurs? Age. Cavs? Clippers? They're in line to 3peat at least
    Really? And people were saying the same thing about the Shaq-Kobe Lakers. Even MIA was supposed to keep winning after they "figured" it out right? No team is going to stay on top for 8 rings these days.

Who is comparable? Who was on top 3-4 years ago? MIA, DAL? And now GSW is on top. Things change fast.

They might not even win it this year.

He will need at least... 10 more superstar years

Banned

Really? And people were saying the same thing about the Shaq-Kobe Lakers. Even MIA was supposed to keep winning after they "figured" it out right? No team is going to stay on top for 8 rings these days.

Who is comparable? Who was on top 3-4 years ago? MIA, DAL? And now GSW is on top. Things change fast.
    I'm not saying 8 rings. I'm saying don't be surprised if they 3peat

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

In terms of peaks Curry has already surpassed Magic Johnson

Curry just has to keep playing for a few more seasons

1 at a time.

Health is not guaranteed.

NBA lottery pick

Health is the major variable. If they win this year that is 2 titles already. If Durant joins 6 titles in 8 years might be pragmatic if they stay healthy.

GOAT wise, we will have to see. AFTER Magic's rookie year, he was ALREADY one of the top five players in the world. At age 20!! So immediately, Magic started piling up his accolades. Even when he retired (the first time) at the age of 32, he was the GOAT PG. So Magic's rise up the GOAT charts was as rapid as it gets. But u never know what Steph will accomplish as time goes on. If he accomplishes what the OP laid out, then sure he could pass Magic.

Peak-best player wise, I think Steph is the 3rd best PG of all time:

Magic
    Big O
    Steph
    Westbrook
    Isiah

The MAIN PROBLEM Steph could run into (GOAT and peak-best player wise) is the bigger more versatile perimeter icons. I'm talking specifically MJ, Kobe, Bird, Magic, Bron, Big O, and Durant. Offensively, Steph is so dynamic that he can be just as dominant as ANYBODY! But the bigger perimeter legends can play more positions while dominating.
    Last edited by bizil; 04-12-2016 at 07:20 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    GOAT wise, we will have to see. AFTER Magic's rookie year, he was ALREADY one of the top five players in the world. At age 20!! So immediately, Magic started piling up his accolades. Even when he retired (the first time) at the age of 32, he was the GOAT PG. So Magic's rise up the GOAT charts was as rapid as it gets. But u never know what Steph will accomplish as time goes on. If he accomplishes what the OP laid out, then sure he could pass Magic.

Peak-best player wise, I think Steph is the 3rd best PG of all time:

Magic
    Big O
    Steph
    Westbrook
    Isiah

The MAIN PROBLEM Steph could run into (GOAT and peak-best player wise) is the bigger more versatile perimeter icons. I'm talking specifically MJ, Kobe, Bird, Magic, Bron, and Big O. Offensively, Steph is so dynamic that he can be just as dominant as ANYBODY! But the bigger perimeter legends can play more positions while dominating.
    Magic wouldn't be able to defend most of those guys you listed. Robertson also has his issues with matching up with lots of the guys you listed

Your whole playing more positions is just a random and flawed criteria you made up on the spot

Trying to say that Magic Johnson had any season greater than 2016 Steph Curry is nothing short of insanity

Jordan Stopper

Other than the fact that Curry might be the worst defender I've ever seen (including D-league, College, and rec league play) OP is on point

For perspective, Chauncey Billups is still better than Curry all-time

1 FMVP > 1 MVP