Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Top 10 Myths about Kobe Bryant/Lakers explained

Quote Originally Posted by whoartthou
    what about 2009/2010?

This has nothing to do with those years?
    that madsen guy said kobe was the goat 2nd banana
    just provin that kobe won as a clear cut #1

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Another Kobestan circle jerk. Jordan was juat a way better player. ****, this site needs mods.
    Well, according to kobe stans logic, the following is true:

A) Mj played in an era where players had no idea how to play defense and it was a foreign concept

B) Kobe takes more outside (i.e. stupid shots), and thats why kobes field goal percent is lower

C) Since kobe takes more difficult shots..and since he EVENTUALLY makes them.. he is > JORDAN

D) Kobe has more all team defensive selections than jordan.. He is > defensively than jordan

E) Kobe is the most feared kat since King Kong

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Brian
    that madsen guy said kobe was the goat 2nd banana
    just provin that kobe won as a clear cut #1
    I said that.

Yes kobe won as a clear cut number one.. but in those early 2000s years, who is/was a better second banana than Kobe Bean Bryant? No one...

Banned

I said that.

Yes kobe won as a clear cut number one.. but in those early 2000s years, who is/was a better second banana than Kobe Bean Bryant? No one...
    in 2001 and 2002, it was 1a and 1b,
    2000 kobe was 2nd banana

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bryanko01.html look at the playoff stats in 01 and 02

Local High School Star

you just absolutely shat on that christ douche bag.
    he's just proving why arguing their FG%s are moot. My opinion still doesn't change. I've seen enough of them both and my Opinion is that Bryant is the better player he's done it against stiffer competition in a more competitive ERA.
    all of these eFG and other advance stats doesn't change my opinion.

My opinion of Kobe will always be that he is a better player than Jordan and if LeBron can somehow become more of a crunch time assassain, expand his offensive game and get some rings my opinion of LeBron will be that He's a better player than Kobe. Thats just how it is. Despite me thinking Kobe is the best player i've ever sseen doesn't make me put him at the God status that you people place Jordan at. He's just another great player that will come and will go and will be surpassed whether i like or not. You guys should get Jordan's d**k out of your a**es. Bryant is here and he's better
    Last edited by Christofire; 03-30-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Brian
    in 2001 and 2002, it was 1a and 1b,
    2000 kobe was 2nd banana

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bryanko01.html look at the playoff stats in 01 and 02
    dood. It isn't just the stats. Its the impact and everything. Kobe might have been the "closer" for that team in some situations.. but SHAQ was drawing doubles constantly throughout 85 percent of the game..

Lets be real here. If it truly was a 1A/1B type situation.. Phil would not have written in his book how kobe complained about being the second banana. Kobe knows it.. Phil knows it.. and so should you.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    he's just proving why arguing their FG%s are moot. My opinion still doesn't change. I've seen enough of them both and my Opinion is that Bryant is the better player he's done it against stiffer competition in a more competitive ERA.

My opinion of Kobe will always be that he is a better player than Jordan and if LeBron can some become more crunch time assassain, expanding his offensive game and get some rings my opinion of LeBron will be that He's a better player than Kobe. Thats just how it is. Despite me thinking Kobe is the best player i've ever sseen doesn't make me put him at the God status that you people place Jordan at. He's just another great player that will come and will go and will be surpassed whether i like or not. You guys should get Kordan's d**k out of your a**es. Bryant is here and he's better
    I'm proving why Jordan is better efficiently. And he is better with the basic stats to advance stats. There is no where that Kobe is better, except for the 3 pt shot.

Subjectively, if you believe that Kobe is the better player, I can't really argue with you if you ignore the numbers. But I want to ask you:

How is Kobe better? What does he do better than Jordan when his style is basically like old Jordan?

Local High School Star

My opinion of Kobe will always be that he is a better player than Jordan and if LeBron can somehow become more of a crunch time assassain, expand his offensive game and get some rings my opinion of LeBron will be that He's a better player than Kobe. Thats just how it is. Despite me thinking Kobe is the best player i've ever sseen doesn't make me put him at the God status that you people place Jordan at. He's just another great player that will come and will go and will be surpassed whether i like or not. You guys should get Jordan's d**k out of your a**es. Bryant is here and he's better
    Jordan isn't even my favorite player.

I don't even treat jordan like a god. He isn't even a clear cut number one goat for me (like for others).

Majority of sane fans, however, will tell you that jordan is > kobe. Maybe it is you who needs to get kobes dick out of your asshole.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I'm proving why Jordan is better efficiently. And he is better with the basic stats to advance stats. There is no where that Kobe is better, except for the 3 pt shot.

Subjectively, if you believe that Kobe is the better player, I can't really argue with you if you ignore the numbers. But I want to ask you:

How is Kobe better? What does he do better than Jordan when his style is basically like old Jordan?
    i will summarize his reason:

A) Mj played in an era where players had no idea how to play defense and it was a foreign concept

B) Kobe takes more outside (i.e. stupid shots), and thats why kobes field goal percent is lower

C) Since kobe takes more difficult shots..and since he EVENTUALLY makes them.. he is > JORDAN

D) Kobe has more all team defensive selections than jordan.. He is > defensively than jordan

i will summarize his reason:

Damn!

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Micku

Kobe is a better shooter, better handle, better playmaker, better fundamentals, equally as clutch, better man defense,

Jordan was a slightly better athlete, and a better slasher than bryant, a better help defender.
    Jordan was stronger. Jordan post game was stronger to bryant finessee post game. Kobe has more post moves

Kobe is simply a better all around and more polished player than jordan was which is why i think he's better. Phil Jackson has said himself that Kobe is more skilled that Jordan. who else do you need to hear it from?Phil jackson has also said he's given more responsibilities than he's ever given jordan. he said that he never asked jordan to be a playmaker, but he asked Kobe to be.
    Last edited by Christofire; 03-30-2011 at 01:19 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Are we seriously going to pretend that steve smith and Sean elliot were stud wing men, and consistent enough to side kick a big man..

Rik smits was not an elite big man...he was a jump shooter with below average defense...

mutombo was an average offensive player at best with great d. steve smith was a borderline all star

Zo and Johnson played together very briefly(3 years) and were undersized at every position only made the playoffs twice with the duo...

the only two elite wingman and Center combo was Shaq and penny, and The Dream and Drexler. those other team you called didnt have that luxury...this why Jordan didnt need a dominant big man. Because their were not many teams that had the complimentary wing player to complete the puzzle.

Karl Malone and Stockton qualify on that elite level.. Them bad boys beat Hakeem, drexler and Barkley when they still were very good..

Others that were very good..

Payton and kemp beat hakeem and drexler as well

brad daugherty had price and nance

ewing had starks, rolando, mark jackson and xavier, wilkins in 92. I think they were very good.. Xavier gave Pippen fits. That was a great series.

Others that were good

drob, sean elliot, cummings, strickland
    Zo, grandma, and gill
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 03-30-2011 at 01:25 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Kobe is a better shooter, better handle, better playmaker, better fundamentals, equally as clutch, better man defense,

Jordan was a slightly better athlete, and a better slasher than bryant, a better help defender.
    Jordan was stronger. Jordan post game was stronger to bryant finessee post game. Kobe has more post moves

Kobe is simply a better all around and more polished player than jordan was which is why i think he's better. Phil Jackson has said himself that Kobe is more skilled that Jordan. who else do you need to hear it from?Phil jackson has also said he's given more responsibilities than he's ever given jordan. he said that he never asked jordan to be a playmaker, but he asked Kobe to be.

Phil just said that Kobe isn't AT MJ's level..

Tex has stated that he is not so sure kobe is the shooter mj was at mj's best.
    Tex has stated that kobe's defense is bad.
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 03-30-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Local High School Star

Nobody is immune to getting old, declining and getting statistically worse. It happens to everyone and kobe will be no different. kobe's career numbers will take a hit as he ages. Jordan did way more in 13 seasons as a bull than kobe as done his whole career. Kobe is one of the all time greats but...

MJ>Kobe

Local High School Star

John Wooden co-signs Kobe and so does Jerry west.

If Kobe gets six There's no way you people can deny that he's atleast equal to jordan