Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Prime KG or Prime Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    DrJ, Malones and Bran didnt have better primes

Yeah, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Kobe pretty easily here KG can't carry teams as well especially on offense.
    I agree! Kobe was as alpha dog as u could get. PLUS the Mamba was an EPIC all around player as well. When u have that combination (guys like MJ, Mamba, Bird, etc.), its hard to top. In the all around sense, KG is arguably the best PF of all time. BUT in terms of carrying a team scoring wise, he wasn't on the level of guys like a Kobe. If KG was close to the scoring mindset of a Barkley, Mailman, or Hayes, he would be the best PF of all time FLAT OUT peak wise.

Decent playground baller

Give me 2004 KG over peak Kobe, but give me Kobe's best 6 year stretch over KG's.

Kevin Garnett

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I agree! Kobe was as alpha dog as u could get. PLUS the Mamba was an EPIC all around player as well. When u have that combination (guys like MJ, Mamba, Bird, etc.), its hard to top. In the all around sense, KG is arguably the best PF of all time. BUT in terms of carrying a team scoring wise, he wasn't on the level of guys like a Kobe. If KG was close to the scoring mindset of a Barkley, Mailman, or Hayes, he would be the best PF of all time FLAT OUT peak wise.
    I agree with all , but Hayes ? . Elvin Hayes was worse scorer than KG in their primes .

Quote Originally Posted by CP3PO
    Give me 2004 KG over peak Kobe, but give me Kobe's best 6 year stretch over KG's.
    KG's 2004 season was BEAST!!! 24 pts, 14 boards, and 5 dimes a night. Plus providing world class defense which was capable of defending big swingmen to center. And did all this at 7'0!! I think KG and Bron are the two most unique players in NBA history. KG for the bigs, Bron for the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    I do pick 04 Garnett over 06 Kobe . But 08,09 and 01 Kobe were as good as 04 KG .
    ummmmmmmmmmmmm

I agree with all , but Hayes ? . Elvin Hayes was worse scorer than KG in their primes .
    My point was Hayes had that ALPHA MENTALITY!! But Hayes was a black hole often times. And he wasn't as efficient as the other great scoring bigs. However, Hayes put up great scoring numbers and was ALPHA as hell. Don't get me wrong, I think KG was the better player peak and GOAT wise.

Decent playground baller

I do pick 04 Garnett over 06 Kobe . But 08,09 and 01 Kobe were as good as 04 KG .

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    How about Oscar, Barkley, & Robinson?

All of them over Kobe. Easily.

My point was Hayes had that ALPHA MENTALITY!! But Hayes was a black hole often times. And he wasn't as efficient as the other great scoring bigs. However, Hayes put up great scoring numbers and was ALPHA as hell. Don't get me wrong, I think KG was the better player peak and GOAT wise.
    Maybe i'm the only one but Wes Unseld seems their leader to me . Yes , he didn't many scores nor dominate the ball but his playmaking,rebounding and leadership abilities made his teams at the top . You know , Wes did get his team to the finals before Elvin . And Elvin was Dantley-like player before Wes .

Yes , Elvin was solid scorer and beast defensive player . I think Elvin and Garnett two greatest defensive PF's after Duncan of all time .

But clutchness,leadership ? No , i can't see those in Elvin .

Scoring wise , he was solid . But he was far from to Karl,Barkley,Dirk group too .

Maybe i'm the only one but Wes Unseld seems their leader to me . Yes , he didn't many scores nor dominate the ball but his playmaking,rebounding and leadership abilities made his teams at the top . You know , Wes did get his team to the finals before Elvin . And Elvin was Dantley-like player before Wes .

Yes , Elvin was solid scorer and beast defensive player . I think Elvin and Garnett two greatest defensive PF's after Duncan of all time .

But clutchness,leadership ? No , i can't see those in Elvin .

Scoring wise , he was solid . But he was far from to Karl,Barkley,Dirk group too .
    In terms of locker room leader, Wes WAS THE LEADER!! When I say alpha dog, I mean great scoring ability that can carry a team. Hayes was EASILY that type of player. And for u to call Hayes ONLY a solid scorer is LAUGHABLE!! I prefer Mailman, Barkley, and Dirk scoring wise over Hayes. But ITS DUE to the nature of Hayes scoring. Production wise, he was a great scorer.

In terms of locker room leader, Wes WAS THE LEADER!! When I say alpha dog, I mean great scoring ability that can carry a team. Hayes was EASILY that type of player. And for u to call Hayes ONLY a solid scorer is LAUGHABLE!! I prefer Mailman, Barkley, and Dirk scoring wise over Hayes. But ITS DUE to the nature of Hayes scoring. Production wise, he was a great scorer.
    I see .

I meant he wasn't Barkley-Karl-Dirk level scorer . I did use the solid cause mentions great raise him to the top . Top is builds with Karl-Barkley-Dirk and also Elgin and Pettit as well in that aspect of the game .

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

great post. KG was great, really gets underrated.