Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    BEAST

Default Re: Basketball Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    OK so update.

Won grand finals after a great game by all. Marking the end of playing for that team, the team is still continuing. Just replacing a couple of us who now play for the team i have started.

Started my new team (for the winter season being in australia) We have player 4 games.

Our first game came against a team that on my old team, only managed to beat once, and that was after we had some great fill ins play for us as half our original line up was away. No subs for either team & my new team completely destroyed them, winning 70-20, one of there players actually fouled out at half time, but we just said let him play as the score was beyond reachable.

Second game was against the most feral team in the league, to which my old team never beat, they played them the week before and lost by 20.
    The new team wiped the floor with them, winning by around 40 point. Our best player also fouled out, and we were dogged by atrocious calls all game (one of the refs daughters goes out with one of their players, they get all the calls and also whinge about everything.) It was the sweetest victory so far.

Third we played the team that my old team had beat in the grand final a few weeks earlier. It was our biggest win of the season yet. They only scored 5 points total and only finished with 11. We were well over 70 at the end.

And our fourth game just this week we versed an actual C grade team (Divs go all the way to G/H) C grade is the div that management thought we should be in. The game was close at first, tied around 11 all, their D was suffocating the paint. Then one of our shooters got hot and hit 3 straight 3's. After that, their defense collapsed & they couldn't handle covering right out to the 3. They shaded our shooter hard, which just opened up the middle for our best player and our centre to run a 2 man game. I distributed well and also found rhythm of a number of drive and kicks, hitting multiple J's from the base line.
    Finishing with a fast break pull up 3 in the last 10 seconds.

Heard a rumor that we will be A grade, to which i can't wait.

Bad Santa from And 1 played A grade a few seasons ago in this comp.

sounds like you guys are playing under your competition level, but congrats on forming a good team and blowing everyone out

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Been way too busy to ball for about 3 months. When I used to be more free during past summers, there was a pretty popular local park to play at where all the best ballers were during the summer. But I really dislike the double rims that I keep finding at public parks . I understand it protects rims from breaking from people who attempt dunks but its' so hard to hit 50% of your shots on them.

National High School Star

Season has offically started as of 2 days ago, had our first game in our Div C. (For note there is also Divs E,F,G,H.

Tough physical game, really close first half. Our 3pt shooter sruggled all night, had open looks, just not his night, but we found a flow on offence & defense and blew out the second half after making some adjustments. Biggest one being our outlet on the defensive boards. They were doubling after every rebound, almost tripling and getting steals. We adjusted to outlet the ball up court as fast as possible. Worked a treat.

We ended up winning by 20 odd points.

Bring on next week.

Decent playground baller

am playing with randoms for a league and this guy and 3 of his friends keep trying to assign us standard NBA positions. ofcourse he always assigns himself as point guard and chucks up 3's all day. honestly i think in rec leagues there should only be really 2 positions, pretty much forwards and perimeter players/guards. the skill level is way too low and positions are way too ambiguous when its at this level of play

Tuesday Rec League team is sitting top of the ladder at 12-0. C grade.
    Lost our best player 8 minutes into last weeks game jarring his already twice repaired knee. Spoke to him the day after, no swelling, just sore to extend and stiff. He's going to sit out our next game to be sure as we line up against the bottom team in the group.

We shouldn't have a problem as they are the smallest team in the comp, as long as we play our game, be patient on offence & get back in transition. Teams struggle to score on us in the half court, the only teams that even come close score most of their point on fast breaks, & that's only when we rush our offence into one pass shot style.

My game as a whole has felt better this past week, feel like i'm coming back to my old form, still gotta lose about 10kgs though to be happy and then my game will probably reach a new level.

So far, things are looking up.

I played pick up for the first time in a couple weeks and felt great. After checking into the game tied at 7s, I scored 3 straight layups for my team. Then on game point I scored on a fake spin, scoop layup. Its the type of flashy move I rarely make, but after making a few in a row, instinct takes over and I play with much more confidence.

thats when I enjoy playing the most, when I'm feeling confident and not really thinking, just reacting and going off of instincts.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

played ball about 2 weeks ago. Airballed a ton of shots because I've started lifting again. Pretty sure I was 2 for 14 lol.

Last game of the regular season tonight before finals, so far we are still undefeated, had a few close calls though but we close out well, one of the closest calls was just last week, 10 down at the half and won by 4.
    Our best player went prime Kobe mode and made 6-7 fade away jump shots and also a huge 3. Our D also was amazing, i shut down their primary ball handler, didn't manage to get any steals, but tipped and tapped out the ball every time he touched it, could tell his confidence was shook.

Unfortunately, even though we are undefeated with the best % around the whole league, we sit second as in one game, the other team forfeited leading to fewer premiership points. Not sure how they work it, especially cause the team in second had lost only one game too, which was to us by about 40 points.

So looks like we are heading into A/B grade next season depending on finals outcome. Funnily enough, the current top team in A grade is called 'We Can't Ball'

Learning to shoot layups

Was able to play 5v5 for 2 games today at the local gym along with a game of 3v3 before hand were me my brother and our friend played agains 3 kids who play jv and varsity for the local high school, and ended up barely losing 17 to 21 after being down 17 to 4 at one point because of our friend just taking a bunch of stupid shots,but it was all in fun so it was good, had one of them convinced I was a lefty because I finished 3 or 4 lay ups with my left when I was getting hit pretty hard although I'm a righty.
    In the 5v5 games just did my usual play hustle and not take many shots just a few lay ins, was going to go up for my first in game dunk but ended up passing out of it because a kid came trailing and if I had gone up for it he would've undercut me hard and flipped me over, but it's all good.
    Recently changed the way I gathered for my dunk attempts and I'm fairly easily getting up and getting in simple one handed off 1 foot sinks almost got a 2 handed off 2 feet today felt nice, figured out my problem was I was too tense coming in at first and lost all energy after my first 2 steps so now I'm much more relaxed first 2 steps and then explode for my next 2 or 3 and am getting it most times now so it feels really good now I just need to actually lift to start making progress to real dunks.

NBA Superstar

Just put down my first dunk of the outdoor season last night... in a non-game situation. Either way, at 32-years-old, I take them where I can get them. Each year I wonder if this is going to be the year where I just can't do it anymore. I know I'm due, but I still put it down pretty easily, so that's good. Helped a ton to give a go with a ball that I could half-palm. Crazy how much less effort is needed to dunk when a ball can be semi-palmed.

Bump, because it's warm outside

Scored 30 points in our last game of the season. Our team was eliminated cause only 6 players played in our team. I played 40 minutes.

Going to play basketball in an indoor court cause it's the start of the rainy season.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Bump, because it's warm outside

What position do you play Jeff? You seem tall 6'3, or 6'4".

Home of the 16

My childhood friend passed away from playing all 48 minutes, went home, ate, slept & never woke up the next day. His mother found out when he wouldn't wake up for school, even cussed him out -- she then went into his room & learned that he had passed away.

Dark stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    My childhood friend passed away from playing all 48 minutes, went home, ate, slept & never woke up the next day. His mother found out when he wouldn't wake up for school, even cussed him out -- she then went into his room & learned that he had passed away.

Dark stuff.

If this was a true Story. RIP to your friend.