Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is LeBron really a better passer than mj?

Is Jordan better than anything than LeBron?

Scoring? No
    Rebounding? No
    Playmaking? No
    Clutch? No
    Passing? No
    Defense? No
    Gambling? Yes
    Building prisons? Yes
    Punching teammates? Yes
    Beating super teams? No
    Beating dynasties? No

Welcome to the forums, any other questions feel free to ask

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    No Op, Mj's 11 game stretch where he averaged a triple double is irrefutable proof

Sarcasm aside, can we really classify a guy who averages 27 ppg for his career a pg in the same way we do guys who average 15-20? He's not a traditional pg at all. With your user name I'd figure you've seen enough game of his to know that his teammates can't always convert their opportunities, no one can. I'm sure he's created more easy opportunities for his teammates than Mj ever did that's the difference more than any stat can paint.
    Well a point gaurd is just a position and LeBron definitely plays the point. I agree he has created more open looks for his teammates but again he's playing the point position in a ball dominant system so that's gonna happen. I know mj's 89 season is a small sample size but he did the exact same when put in that position. If he had played the point the entire season he would of easily matched or passed LeBron for most assists per game in a single season.

And you can't blame LeBron's assists numbers on teammates missing shots. He's had much better help offensively than Jordan did.

Honest question to the statnerds, are you guys truly shocked that Bran has more assists than Jordan when you consider that for majority of Jordan's career he was confined to an offensive system which limits individual assist totals? You guys are unable to grasp the fact that for Bran's entire career he had FREE WILL over his offenses for 16 years to do as he pleases with absolutely nothing holding him back?

The sooner you guys realize stats are a joke the less embarrassing Bran's demise these next 3 years will be for you guys

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Is Jordan really a better scorer than Lebron? Jordan really just shot the ball more per game
    LeBron is definitely up there with mj and the best scorers. Can't deny that. It was tougher to score in mj's era though so that's a big factor. I know alot of people want to pretend like all the rule changes hasn't made it easier to score in this era but it really has. Even with though LeBron is still very close to mj in scoring. I just think mj is just as close when it comes to assists.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I used to say he was, but that's mainly due to volume (number of assists, willing to pass etc).

Technicality as a passer? They're equal imo. MJ is actually underrated as a passer. Most people talk about his scoring and defense, and rightfully so. His passing helped mold the triangle offense though. The triangle also neutered his cumulative totals.

Without a structured offense and 'free reign'? You saw the x/y/z stats Jordan put up. Checkout the 88 and 89 seasons. Doug Collins basically let Mike do whatever he wanted.
    Good points! I think MJ is a top 3 passing SG of all time. He was EVERY BIT a total package as Bron was in terms of scoring-passing-rebounding-defending his position. The biggest difference in terms of all around ability is Bron's positional versatility. Because he can play PG-SG-SF-PF at 6'8 and 250+ pounds.

But in terms of passing, MJ is among the very best EVER among score first types of players. Shit like that is WHAT ENABLED him to pass a prime Bird and Magic by back in the day. To better than BOTH of those guys on the perimeter, u HAD to have great passing ability as part of your arsenal. U couldn't just be a dominant scorer. Because Magic and Bird could be great passers AND scorers in one package!

I really wonder how much Lebron's assist stats would decrease if he played with "zone is disallowed" rules.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola
    I really wonder how much Lebron's assist stats would decrease if he played with "zone is disallowed" rules.
    LeCola? What does that even mean? When are you gonna stop making alts you obese ****?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
    LeCola? What does that even mean? When are you gonna stop making alts you obese ****?
    If you you call me someones alt you should prove it. You **** ** a ****! **** ** ****** you **********.

LeCola is a cola brand, if you can google it you can learn what it is, unless you are a 80 iq guy.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Big wrekt

If you you call me someones alt you should prove it. You **** ** a ****! **** ** ****** you **********.
    Chill bruh it still says your trying to learn how to make layups so RELAX

Mike played when double teams were illegal so think about that for one second and tell me if you think his points would drop way down becos they would. There is a thread about it maybe I will bump it

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    Mike played when double teams were illegal so think about that for one second and tell me if you think his points would drop way down becos they would. There is a thread about it maybe I will bump it
    His points would increase with current rules. In those years not only zone was illegal, also 3-second rule was different and centers were camping in paint. Instead of his era, being huge and have ability to protect rim was more important than having soft hands or making 3pt shots.

So, it was much harder to finish near rim. In this era, he would boost his both points and assist with Bronball.

Drive to paint:
    A-In someone comes for hp defence pass it to his man. It will be a easy shot and assist.
    B-Else, attack the rim. You will probably finish it or go to line with taking advantage current 3-seconds rule.

In addition, when zone is illegal it means guards would mostly stay outside while defence. It makes harder to get a defensive rebound as a guard.

Therefore, if Jordan played in this era, bis all points, assists, rebounds stats would increase. Even some seasons he could average 35+/10+/10+.

This is the era Westbrook averages triple double stats for 3 consecutive years as a guard.

Very good NBA starter

Most people and legends would even laugh at you guys for trying to discredit both guys.

MJ was a great passer out of double teams.

Lebron can do that and also create high percentage shots. A lot of you fall blind to the hate you have and the occasional bail out pass Lebron gives. He passes out of double teams, high post, drive and kick, low post, he's just a better passer than MJ.

Use the "He dominates the ball" but fail to recognize that most of the time he creates the best offensive possession for the team.

Use the "Jordan was in the system" and people fail to realize he and Kobe could break the triangle and did. Pippen broke the triangle throughout games when he lead the bulls to 55 wins. It's not like Duncan who literally plays in system where he held back on major stat lines.

Very good NBA starter

His points would increase with current rules. In those years not only zone was illegal, also 3-second rule was different and centers were camping in paint. Instead of his era, being huge and have ability to protect rim was more important than having soft hands or making 3pt shots.

So, it was much harder to finish near rim. In this era, he would boost his both points and assist with Bronball.

Drive to paint:
    A-In someone comes for hp defence pass it to his man. It will be a easy shot and assist.
    B-Else, attack the rim. You will probably finish it or go to line with taking advantage current 3-seconds rule.

In addition, when zone is illegal it means guards would mostly stay outside while defence. It makes harder to get a defensive rebound as a guard.

Therefore, if Jordan played in this era, bis all points, assists, rebounds stats would increase. Even some seasons he could average 35+/10+/10+.

This is the era Westbrook averages triple double stats for 3 consecutive years as a guard.
    All hypothetical, but in today's (we'll say 2011-), MJ would be feasting. A lot of you are failing to adjust how much more athletic guys are today with more complex switch defense.

Sharpshooters of yesteryear (Allen Houston, Reggie, etc) didn't spam 3 pointers like the game does today. A lot more movement now. MJ would get occasionally lit up by guys he wasn't paying attention to.