Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: What's the big deal abut Five Guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    Out of extremely widespread franchises, eh... maybe.

Fuddruckers is without a doubt better than five guys. Zero percent doubt about that.

I enjoy Culver's though I can see people making arguments.

That only leaves one... hmm.. I've never had in-n-out though some people obsess over it...

I'd put Five Guys at 3 out of widespread chains that are available in my area.
    inn n out is better than culvers. though culvers is pretty good too.

fudruckers tho...they seem to be going away but it;s probably my favorite fast food burger. fries are seasoned too.

Out of extremely widespread franchises, eh... maybe.

Fuddruckers is without a doubt better than five guys. Zero percent doubt about that.

I enjoy Culver's though I can see people making arguments.

That only leaves one... hmm.. I've never had in-n-out though some people obsess over it...

I'd put Five Guys at 3 out of widespread chains that are available in my area.
    dude I've had more burgers than most women have periods...

and again I'm telling you that five guys rank at the top of the bloody fastfood burger food-chain.

never had a fuddruckers or a culvers but I'm sure they'd be secondary to the godliness that is a five guys double with cheese with grilled onions and
    mushrooms

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1

and again I'm telling you that five guys rank at the top of the bloody fastfood burger food-chain.

never had a fuddruckers or a culvers but I'm sure they'd be secondary to the godliness that is a five guys double with cheese with grilled onions and
    mushrooms
    I've had more burgers than you. I ate more burgers in my 20s than you will eat in your entire life.

I was doing burgers for lunch and dinner multiple times per week. No exaggeration. And there were weeks where it was literally every single day.

I have, however, really curbed it back in the past 2 years at 34/35... heart disease was inevitable if it already isn't.

Five Guys is without question not the best burger place around.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I

The most overrated burger joint I've ever had is Red Robin. That place blows. Bigly.

I keep it simple... lettuce, tomato, cheese... that's it. Classic burgers are where it's at. If we're judging it off of anything more than that, we're getting into rather arbitrary combinations of toppings.

Lettuce, cheese and tomato are the standard holy trinity of burger toppings and as such, if you're just judging the burger itself, the taste must be judged based on these three toppings.

If you get into adding mushrooms and onions, bacon, eggs, whatever the **** else you can think of... your results are going to vary wildly.

How good does the patty taste... and the bun. Those are the heart of a good burger, if you really want to break it down.

The most overrated burger joint I've ever had is Red Robin. That place blows. Bigly.

I keep it simple... lettuce, tomato, cheese... that's it. Classic burgers are where it's at. If we're judging it off of anything more than that, we're getting into rather arbitrary combinations of toppings.

Lettuce, cheese and tomato are the standard holy trinity of burger toppings and as such, if you're just judging the burger itself, the taste must be judged based on these three toppings.

If you get into adding mushrooms and onions, bacon, eggs, whatever the **** else you can think of... your results are going to vary wildly.

How good does the patty taste... and the bun. Those are the heart of a good burger.
    My trinity is onions not the tomato. I am down with a fresh ripe tomatoes but I am not down with the old and soggy shit. That being said it

It's better than the big chains

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    My trinity is onions not the tomato. I am down with a fresh ripe tomatoes but I am not down with the old and soggy shit. That being said it’s pretty hard to mess up an onion. They just have a longer shelf life than tomatoes. You need that bite the raw onions give you to break up all that rich fattiness of the beef and cheese. I’m not down with the soggy. I can tolerate a little mayo if it’s spread on thin. If it’s drenched and soggy I wanna vomit. It’s about that texture. Too much mayo/ketchup/soggy toppings totally ruins it for me.
    I want to blow my brains out thinking about eating mayonnaise.

I don't do condiments. Disgusting.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

5 guys is good here, but you don't get a lot for the price.

Definitely good, though.

Hey Orlando, I went to Orlando weekend before last and ate at Dave and Buster's for the first time; it was Thursday and we got all we could eat wings and all you can play games for 21.99. It was fun.

Wish we had Dave and Buster's in Gainesville.

mushrooms

I want to blow my brains out thinking about eating mayonnaise.
    Hahaha. Mayo is totally disgusting. I eventually got over it because they screw your order up half the time at burger joints so I learned to just scrape it off and deal with it. If it

[QUOTE=warriorfan]Hahaha. Mayo is totally disgusting. I eventually got over it because they screw your order up half the time at burger joints so I learned to just scrape it off and deal with it. If it

I've had more burgers than you. I ate more burgers in my 20s than you will eat in your entire life.

I was doing burgers for lunch and dinner multiple times per week. No exaggeration. And there were weeks where it was literally every single day.

I have, however, really curbed it back in the past 2 years at 34/35... heart disease was inevitable if it already isn't.

Five Guys is without question not the best burger place around.
    Disagree I've probably already had more burgers than you'll eat in your entire life.

I'm talking burgers every day for years. Regardless I promise you the five guys that you're talking about and the burger godliness that I have in mind and that I'm already drooling about - if they were the same you never would've made this thread in the first place.

My condolences.

Disagree I've probably already had more burgers than you'll eat in your entire life.

I'm talking burgers every day for years. Regardless I promise you the five guys that you're talking about and the burger godliness that I have in mind and that I'm already drooling about - if they were the same you never would've made this thread in the first place.

My condolences.
    I didn't make this thread, you ****ing derelict.

I had a friend who I would ride bmx with growing up who would say