Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: Wade's Historical Rank Among SGs

I've got him ranked 4th all-time SG.

Can't put him above West because of West's longevity and his elite play at SG. Jordan, Kobe, and West were considered #1 at their position for much of their careers. Arguably all 3 had a loooong stretch of being the top SG in the NBA or landing on the All-NBA 1st Team.

I can't say the same for Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I know, good post with more elaboration than I had time to go into. What I meant is their games might be slightly different, but all (Arenas, Maravich, Gervin) were entertaining volume scoring LOSERS in their true essence. Who rarely impacted the game in areas more than scoring.

Don't get me wrong, Pistol had passing skills, pre-cursor flair that the mainstream didn't pick up on until Magic Johnson, but he NEVER made teammates truly better.

The point I was making went right over people's heads.
    My only grip with that is Pistol was a better passer than his scoring. Yes, I've heard he was very individualistic, much like what I've read about Wilt. I think a better comparison with Pete would have been Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    I've got him ranked 4th all-time SG.

Can't put him above West because of West's longevity and his elite play at SG. Jordan, Kobe, and West were considered #1 at their position for much of their careers. Arguably all 3 had a loooong stretch of being the top SG in the NBA or landing on the All-NBA 1st Team.

I can't say the same for Wade.
    Well said.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Wade sitting around #4...