Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not airballing my layups anymore vinsanity2756's Avatar

Default Re: Its time to say it, The Spurs are not winning a championship in the next 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    i think it was a lucky game 1 and in game 3, if belinelli didnt hit that miracle three (up by 7 late in the 3rd...) miami would have won that game....and in game 5...up 22-6...suddenlly ginobli was 26 years old again....
    So what's your excuse for the blow out win in game 4 then?

Banned

Default Re: Its time to say it, The Spurs are not winning a championship in the next 10 years

I dont know, if Pop can win rings with scrubs over the years, anythings possible

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    I dont know, if Pop can win rings with scrubs over the years, anythings possible
    lebron lost finals mvp to a scrub?

beta

the only time the Spurs will be done is when Pop retires.

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vinsanity2756
    So what's your excuse for the blow out win in game 4 then?
    thats the only fair loss from the heat in 2014 finals.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    okc is a lock for the 2015 championship

okc and cavs in the finals

NBA rookie of the year

robert shaww is actually a huge spurs fan. he is just superstitious believes his reverse jinx actually works.

the fact that the spurs won the championship last year has further convinced him that he needs to reverse jinx the spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    robert shaww is actually a huge spurs fan. he is just superstitious believes his reverse jinx actually works.

the fact that the spurs won the championship last year has further convinced him that he needs to reverse jinx the spurs.
    you finally understand it all

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    i said it before...they key of this series was game 1...the AC problem afected the game and Lebron James. If heat won that game..that was a 2-0 going home and it was all over for the spurs. simple as that.

Yeah because Miami played so well at home.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Yeah because Miami played so well at home.
    is not the same a 1-1 series than a 2-0 going home.

Hmm? People who say that are misguided. The reason the Spurs won the final two games against OKC was because Diaw was inserted into the starting lineup and it caused matchup issues. However, Pop didnt want to change to that lineup unless Splitter/Duncan proved ineffective against Miami. So it was always clear to me, that the moment the Spurs lost a game in that series they were gonna insert Diaw into the starting lineup.

So if the Heat had won game 1, most likely Pop inserts Diaw into the starting lineup in game 2, and the only difference would be now you'd get a backdoor sweep instead. None of the games with Diaw in the starting lineup were even close games.

The issue with your assumption is you're assuming Game 2 would go the same way if the Spurs lost game 1, when it reality all signs pointed to Diaw being inserted into the starting lineup to cause mismatch problems for the heat ( which lead to 3 straight blowouts)

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    Hmm? People who say that are misguided. The reason the Spurs won the final two games against OKC was because Diaw was inserted into the starting lineup and it caused matchup issues. However, Pop didnt want to change to that lineup unless Splitter/Duncan proved ineffective against Miami. So it was always clear to me, that the moment the Spurs lost a game in that series they were gonna insert Diaw into the starting lineup.

So if the Heat had won game 1, most likely Pop inserts Diaw into the starting lineup in game 2, and the only difference would be now you'd get a backdoor sweep instead. None of the games with Diaw in the starting lineup were even close games.

The issue with your assumption is you're assuming Game 2 would go the same way if the Spurs lost game 1, when it reality all signs pointed to Diaw being inserted into the starting lineup to cause mismatch problems for the heat ( which lead to 3 straight blowouts)
    nice answer. i dont disagree in a way. but i still think game 1 was the key of the 2014 finals. cant explain why honestly.

also in game 3, spurs up 7 (after a 26 point lead), heat miss a open three...then belinelli hits his three....thats the series.