Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dario Saric playing for Croatia NT

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Nedovic even if he was healthy wouldn't play pg but would be our 2nd sg ( if Milosavljevic was healthy than Nedovic wouldn't play at all )

Markovic is our 2nd pg and right now he is by far better than any othere pg we have not named Teodosic which he proved last year when he was our 2nd best player after Krstic.
    Why hasn't Serbia ever even given an invite to guys like Uros Duvnjak and Dusan Djordevic? I don't understand their selection criteria.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Why hasn't Serbia ever even given an invite to guys like Uros Duvnjak and Dusan Djordevic? I don't understand their selection criteria.
    Because we have much better players then them. There are many players in our NT who don't deserve to be there ( Jovic, Simonovic, Kalinic etc.) but that doesn't mean that we have to invite even more of them.

Serbia vs Croatia right now Saric and Micic are both playing

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches.../99jHmFqX2ZUo/

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Who would be your NBA comparison for both?
    The NBA comparison thing is honestly a dumb thing that draftexpress started and it's just laziness.

Most of these players don't even have an actual comparison.

I mean Mirotic is supposed to be Dirk and Saric is supposed to be Kukoc. In reality that's pretty much total bullshit.

You have to watch the players and see for yourself.

Just basically know that Mirotic is very skilled for a 6-10 guy but he's the softest big man I ever saw play in the Euroleague. He's uber uber soft. He's softer than David Andersen. I don't know if you know who David Andersen is or not?

He played in the NBA. Andersen is 6-11, very, very skilled big man that had absolutely everything you could imagine wanting a big man to have. Ridiculous skill and talent for a big man, but his fatal weakness is also ridiculous softness. Well, Mirotic is SOFTER than Andersen. Andersen had softness issues always in Euroleague, but he was not completely overwhelmed by it. Mirotic was completely overwhelmed by his softness.

Saric is just a unique player. You don't have comparisons for guys like that. NBA only fans bring up Lamar Odom, but no way was Odom as physical and as aggressive as Saric is.

There really is no comparison I can think for Saric. Mirotic would basically be any very skilled big man that likes to stand behind the 3 point line the whole game and that is softer than a baby's behind...that would be a good comparison for Mirotic.

Because we have much better players then them. There are many players in our NT who don't deserve to be there ( Jovic, Simonovic, Kalinic etc.) but that doesn't mean that we have to invite even more of them.
    Every single national team has numerous players on it that are not the best players, except Spain, and sometimes Lithuania and Argentina, maybe Puerto Rico or Brazil.

As far as European teams go almost every team is loaded with guys that are not the best players, unless we are talking about some of the middle and lower teams like Finland, Macedonia, Bosnia, Georgia and teams like that.

You can't always just have "the best players" in your team.

The fact that Serbia never seems to have the right mix of guards would seem to indicate they might want to at least invite some other veteran guards that are proven players in solid Eurocup clubs.

Outside of NBA only fans, no one is consider Nedovic anything near to a guy that can run an offense. So it is odd they would not even invite guys like that just to see them in camp.

They do fine in solid Eurocup clubs...and plenty of guys have gotten in Serbia's actual 12 having done less than that. It's just a bit odd to not even invite guys like that when you clearly have just 2 guys that can run an offense.

Every single national team has numerous players on it that are not the best players, except Spain, and sometimes Lithuania and Argentina, maybe Puerto Rico or Brazil.

As far as European teams go almost every team is loaded with guys that are not the best players, unless we are talking about some of the middle and lower teams like Finland, Macedonia, Bosnia, Georgia and teams like that.

You can't always just have "the best players" in your team.

The fact that Serbia never seems to have the right mix of guards would seem to indicate they might want to at least invite some other veteran guards that are proven players in solid Eurocup clubs.

Outside of NBA only fans, no one is consider Nedovic anything near to a guy that can run an offense. So it is odd they would not even invite guys like that just to see them in camp.

They do fine in solid Eurocup clubs...and plenty of guys have gotten in Serbia's actual 12 having done less than that. It's just a bit odd to not even invite guys like that when you clearly have just 2 guys that can run an offense.
    Our problem is that our players mostly injures and coaches stupid decidions.
    If Milosavljevic and Lucic were healthy they would be playing for sure and with Micov, Bogdanovic, Teodosic and Markovic we would have amazing backcourt but frontcourt would still be bad since Djordjevic doesn't think Savanovic and Macvan are good enough.

Our problem is that our players mostly injures and coaches stupid decidions.
    If Milosavljevic and Lucic were healthy they would be playing for sure and with Micov, Bogdanovic, Teodosic and Markovic we would have amazing backcourt but frontcourt would still be bad since Djordjevic doesn't think Savanovic and Macvan are good enough.
    Your point?

Do you REALLY think Vougioukas and Bogris would be on Greece's team under normal circumstances? That Anteokounmpo would be there at a world cup at age 19? And so forth? Or like every other year similar such instances?

Greece and Serbia have similar issues man. EVERY YEAR player after player after player after player that is missing for whatever reason.

What I am trying to say is, in cases like that, sometimes you have to instead of just taking the next man up, you have to take a guy that will help the team more. Now Greece did not do that this time at all, and I am sure they will be screwed totally. Spanoulis was 50% of the scoring and 75% of the play making so good luck with that and all this crazy NBA only fan talk about a 19 year old kid from a 15 win team replacing that...

So it would be smarter let's say in that case to look for a more cohesive team, rather than what Greece did where they started next man up, then like dominoes one after the other they dropped out. And the coach to begin with didn't take certain guys on top of it, which makes it worse.

Same example with Serbia. Let me just give an example. In 2011 EuroBasket Greece came with it's what Americans would call "C" team (of course idiot NBA only fans don't understand there is no such thing and they ALWAYS send the A team to these tournaments) but you know what I mean, what they IMAGINE in their minds as a "C" team....

If you remember, Greece got the 5 place and the place at Olympic QR and beat Serbia in the knockout game for that.

Key thing was they selected a team that was based on being a team and playing that way, because they knew they were going to have a "C" selection at that tournament. So for example, even someone like Xanthopoulos was put on the team to play like 10 minutes a game, and of course he's a 3rd string point guard if he plays in Euroleague. But he can play a good role for 10 minutes, handling the ball, playing defense, running sets, and stuff like that.

Serbia never seems to make a plan like that ever. Greece sometimes does that, unfortunately not enough. Another example, Spain does that often. Notice how if Spain has several absences they do the same thing. They don't select the "best players" or even the most logical players you would guess. I mean they select someone like German Gabriel or someone like that. But it works. That's the point.

Serbia just only seems to do nothing but grab any young player it can find. I just find that strategy to be strange, when there are actually so many good veteran Serbian players out there that could give a 5-10 minute help which is all they need. Instead of bringing in some kid that won't do jack.

Just saying 'they are not good enough to be in the team is illogical and isn't the point. Is Xavy Rey good enough to be in Spain's team? If it was Serbia they would add some kid that could not give 5-10 minutes at all. Where Rey could at least help somehow.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-09-2014 at 11:27 AM.

you clearly have just 2 guys that can run an offense.
    LIAR... PSYCOPATH... PSYCHOPATH

good veteran Serbian players out there that could give a 5-10 minute help which is all they need.
    Serbia does not have any veteran players worth playing in NT.
    Last edited by duskovujosevic; 08-09-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    Are they going to get Tepic out of the moth balls? I figured that ship had sailed?

Your point?

Do you REALLY think Vougioukas and Bogris would be on Greece's team under normal circumstances? That Anteokounmpo would be there at a world cup at age 19? And so forth? Or like every other year similar such instances?

Greece and Serbia have similar issues man. EVERY YEAR player after player after player after player that is missing for whatever reason.

What I am trying to say is, in cases like that, sometimes you have to instead of just taking the next man up, you have to take a guy that will the team more. Now Greece did not do that this time at all, and I am sure they will be screwed totally. Spanoulis was 50% of the scoring and 100% of the play making so good luck with that and all this crazy NBA only fan talk about a 19 year old kid from a 15 win team replacing that...

So it would be smarter let's say in that case to look for a more cohesive team, rather than what Greece did where they started next man up, then like dominoes one after the other they dropped out. And the coach to begin with didn't take certain guys on top of it, which makes it worse.

Same example with Serbia. Let me just give an example. In 2011 EuroBasket Greece came with it's what Americans would call "C" team (of course idiot NBA only fans don't understand there is no such thing and they ALWAYS send the A team to these tournaments) but you know what I mean, what they IMAGINE in their minds as a "C" team....

If you remember, Greece got the 5 place and the place at Olympic QR and beat Serbia in the knockout game for that.

Key thing was they selected a team that was based on being a team and playing that way, because they knew they were going to have a "C" selection at that tournament. So for example, even someone like Xanthopoulos was put on the team to play like 10 minutes a game, and of course he's a 3rd string point guard if he plays in Euroleague. But he can play a good role for 10 minutes, handling the ball, playing defense, running sets, and stuff like that.

Serbia never seems to make a plan like that ever. Greece sometimes does that, unfortunately not enough. Another example, Spain does that often. Notice how if Spain has several absences they do the same thing. They don't select the "best players" or even the most logical players you would guess. I mean they select someone like German Gabriel or someone like that. But it works. That's the point.

Serbia just only seems to do nothing but grab any young player it can find. I just find that strategy to be strange, when there are actually so many good veteran Serbian players out there that could give a 5-10 minute help which is all they need. Instead of bringing in some kid that won't do jack.

Just saying 'they are not good enough to be in the team is illogical and isn't the point. Is Xavy Rey good enough to be in Spain's team? If it was Serbia they would add some kid that could not give 5-10 minutes at all. Where Rey could at least help somehow.
    Greec won because half of our team was injured and that's why we lost against Russia in quarter finals too.

I agree with you that we shouldn't call some young players just because they might become good but we have players that can work great together ( our only players that need ball in their hands are Teodosic, Bogdanovic and Nedovic but if Milosavljevic played we wouldn't need Nedovic and Bogda would just play mostly when Teodosic isn't on the floor ) and that's why I'm so pissed ( that and giving NT to Djordjevic who didn't prove himself as a coach while we have best coaches in the world IMO )

There are players, way worse than Tepic in current rotation, you LIAR

Are they going to get Tepic out of the moth balls? I figured that ship had sailed?
    Tepic played very good for Partizan at end of the season. Maybe after next season he can get back to what he used to be.

Serbia does not have any veteran players worth playing in NT.
    That's not the point. As I already said, Spain and Greece played guys that didn't deserve to be in their team either as veterans and had good results. Rather than using any kid that came along, that also did not deserve to be in the team.

veteran with experience that can provide something that is not good enough to really be in the team

or kid that cannot provide anything and isn't good enough to be in the team

Serbia thinks the kid makes more sense. Even though taking the kid makes way less sense.

There are players, way worse than Tepic in current rotation, you LIAR
    WTF is your point? You are a worse troll than even some of the very worst NBA only fans.

I honestly think you are an alt account of gabepizza.

Banned

WTF is your point? You are a worse troll than even some of the very worst NBA only fans.

I honestly think you are an alt account of gabepizza.