Arrow Gordon Hayward will sign offer sheet with Hornets; 4 years, $63 million

The Charlotte Hornets and restricted free agent Gordon Hayward have agreed to a four-year offer sheet at the projected maximum of $63 million that Hayward is expected to sign Thursday at 12:01 a.m., according to sources close to the process.

The Hornets announced Thursday morning that they had extended an offer to Hayward.

The Utah Jazz, who have said for months they intend to match any offer Hayward gets, will have three days to match the offer or lose Hayward as soon as the offer sheet is formally signed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...sportscenterTW
    It's pronounced Gor-dahn

Unbelievably overpaid...but he's the Lebron James of small market teams, so.....

Serious playground baller FlawlessVictory's Avatar

Default Re: Gordon Hayward will sign offer sheet with Hornets; 4 years, $63 million

Definetly overpaid but I would have done the same thing if I was running Charlotte... I'd also match if I was Utah.

His real value is in the 10 million a year ballpark.

Golden State Aster*sks

Default Re: Gordon Hayward will sign offer sheet with Hornets; 4 years, $63 million

Gordon Hayward is going to be the White MJ

It's pronounced HayWARD

I hit on 5-footers

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...45008475435010

@WojYahooNBA

Jazz will match Gordon Hayward's $63M sheet, but wouldn't be a surprise to see them take full 3 days to notify Hornets, sources tell Yahoo.
    Pretty much expected. Who do you see Hornets turning to? Lance, potential issues aside, would be an excellent fit. Hornets would be have a scary athletic team

NBA All-star

they wanted the AK47 back

I'm not sure what Hayward is classified as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by -Lebron23-
    https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...45008475435010

Pretty much expected. Who do you see Hornets turning to? Lance, potential issues aside, would be an excellent fit. Hornets would be have a scary athletic team