Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #1936
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has decent reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
My shoulders have been lagging recently, and I've got a lot on my plate in terms of work, uni and stress in general lately, but I worked out with a mate today and he gave me some of his preworkout...

Damn is all I can say. I've rarely taken any preworkout ever, but man that stuff got into me quick. I was itchy everywhere and just fired up wanting to lift as much as possible. I don't think I've touched the 90lbs dumbbells in a while for shoulders, but I got them up today and busted out an easy 10 reps with them... Felt damn good.

I've never really used this stuff, so someone with a bit of experience with it care to fill me in? Will the effects decrease gradually as I keep using it? Something you cycle like creatine?

The itchy feeling will be non-existent after your first 2-3 uses unless you use it like once very 1-2 weeks. And yeah you should cycle off it every 2 months. The tingly feeling isn't an indicator of whether or not it's working. I stopped getting the tingly feeling after my first 2-3 uses but I still got the energy to focus.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #1937
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

CasterL has a near all-star reputation hereCasterL has a near all-star reputation hereCasterL has a near all-star reputation hereCasterL has a near all-star reputation hereCasterL has a near all-star reputation hereCasterL has a near all-star reputation here

I've been reading a lot about IF and specifically Martin Berkhan's Leangains method.

Does anyone do IF/Leangains here?
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #1938
jongib369
Good college starter

jongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
The itchy feeling will be non-existent after your first 2-3 uses unless you use it like once very 1-2 weeks. And yeah you should cycle off it every 2 months. The tingly feeling isn't an indicator of whether or not it's working. I stopped getting the tingly feeling after my first 2-3 uses but I still got the energy to focus.
What's the reason for cycling off of it?
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:53 PM   #1939
jongib369
Good college starter

jongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation here

March 27th, first time deadlifting after squats, had a lift between. 225

https://youtu.be/-Ya6IqpXEPY

Today April 25th. Only had about 13 minutes to lift. 5x5 squat, and then deadlifts 3 minutes after with 270. Healing ripped callous almost re ripped, so instead of getting the last rep in I got some cloth to not tear my hands. Only about a minute or two between videos. Hated being rushed, but my girlfriend dropped me off late
https://youtu.be/MJ3pu4-blGM

https://youtu.be/p43D4mEmQCw
(ugly, grip almost gave out )

Last edited by jongib369 : 04-25-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:03 AM   #1940
plowking
TJ Ford of ISH

plowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
What's the reason for cycling off of it?

I have no idea, but it is working amazing placebo effects on me. Got up the 95lbs dumbbells for shoulders just yesterday.

I never really believed in the stuff, but my propensity to workout is definitely bigger when I take it. I feel like it gives me an extra 10-15 minutes of hard work energy.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:06 AM   #1941
SourSamCassell
I hit open layups

SourSamCassell is popular on this boardSourSamCassell is popular on this boardSourSamCassell is popular on this boardSourSamCassell is popular on this boardSourSamCassell is popular on this board

Quote:
March 27th, first time deadlifting after squats, had a lift between. 225

https://youtu.be/-Ya6IqpXEPY

Today April 25th. Only had about 13 minutes to lift. 5x5 squat, and then deadlifts 3 minutes after with 270. Healing ripped callous almost re ripped, so instead of getting the last rep in I got some cloth to not tear my hands. Only about a minute or two between videos. Hated being rushed, but my girlfriend dropped me off late
https://youtu.be/MJ3pu4-blGM

https://youtu.be/p43D4mEmQCw
(ugly, grip almost gave out )
Stance is to wide

squatting the weight too much

narrow it up

ankles in-line with hips

start learning to hook grip

learn to valsa maneuver correctly

deep breathing

stay consistent with a routine

take off your shoes when you deadlift

pull the slack off the bar before you lift the bar

learn to move with your hips more

too knee dominant

shoot the hips back first when dropping back down

you are bending at the knees first which is why your bar path is ****ed and you have to move to bar around your knees

you need to fix these little things up, it wont matter at the weights you are pulling but they will become problems very soon

the heavier the weight the more important these technical details become
SourSamCassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:09 AM   #1942
SourSamCassell
I hit open layups

SourSamCassell is popular on this boardSourSamCassell is popular on this boardSourSamCassell is popular on this boardSourSamCassell is popular on this boardSourSamCassell is popular on this board

Oh and start doing some barbell hip thrusts

need more ass or you'll be pulling with too much back and not enough glute
Old 04-26-2015, 05:18 AM   #1943
Budadiiii
Interweb Bully

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
I am so out of shape that I hate myself for it. Just been lazy for the last few years... too much work, too much school, too much weed/booze...

In my prime, my only source of strenuous exercise was MMA training... but you don't need more than that. I'm only 5'8", and I was at about 165 lbs. and virtually zero body fat. I straight up had the physique of a Greek god.

Nowadays I'm all the way down to about 145. So lazy.
MMA training? That's what got you muscle mass?
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:28 AM   #1944
SourSamCassell
I hit open layups

165 pounds at 5-8 does not sound like a Greek god

It sounds like a high school freshman running back
Old 04-26-2015, 07:19 AM   #1945
alenleomessi
irina pls

alenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryalenleomessi posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIhbKxax10

alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:25 AM   #1946
jongib369
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourSamCassell
Oh and start doing some barbell hip thrusts

need more ass or you'll be pulling with too much back and not enough glute

Ha! That's the one area I don't seem to be making much muscle gains with. My girlfriend tells me to squeeze everything as I pull, but I can't seem to with my glutles. I'll do that, and look up other exercises for it also to strengthen it. Along with trying to fix up form problems

Do you think when I try to crrect these things I should lower the weight?

And can you explain in further detail what you mean pull the slack off the bar?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #1947
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Slightly wider than shoulders, I don't like super wide stances. I'm 6'1 173 lbs and 21 years old. When I see workout plans like that I feel like I gotta be doing something wrong. No matter what body part, my sets are always twice as much as recommended. For example, here's my last leg day.

Deadlift:
145x8
165x8
185x8
185x6
185x4
135x8

Squat (prepare to laugh):
105x8
115x8
115x6
105x8
105x6
105x5

Then 3 sets each of leg extension and hamcurl as well as 125 barbell calf raises. If I do workouts with only 7 sets I don't feel like I did anything, I don't feel tired. It's not a weight problem either, I've tried I can't do even one rep of anything over 125 (max squat)

42 reps of deadlifts? Ay caramba!

Why not just do 5 solid reps with much higher weight and intense focus? And then do supp work like glute ham raise or bulgarian split squat for more volume/moderateish weight.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM   #1948
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

And can you explain in further detail what you mean pull the slack off the bar?

Tip nr. 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHiSvajoans

Here's the ''how to'' of the whole lift, I think he has the best ''how to'' vids on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1IGeJEXpF4
LBJ 23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #1949
SourSamCassell
I hit open layups

Your wider stance uses more back and you are compensating for it by having a more vertical torso effectively squatting the weight instead of deadlifting it. Nothing too bad with it just could use some optimization IMO..

If you narrow your stance a bit more, say to hip width, you will use less back and more legs and glutes. This will then allow you to have a more horizontal torso which would be more ideal for the deadlift and less of a squatting motion. I'm not saying you want to be good morning the weight up, more or less just putting your body in a position to put more of your body in front of the bar bring the bar more inline with your center of mass.

Deadlifting in your socks will bring you lower to the ground if you have trouble getting into position with a hip width stance

Mess around with it and see how you like it... Might not be optimal for you because essentially everyone is different in anatomical structure and makeup... For example you have guys like Dan Green, at the top of the raw powerlifting game.. pulling sumo. Then you have Stan Efferding, another elite raw lifter, he uses a hybrid stance that sort of resembles your deadlift, although more wider... kind of halfway between a sumo and a conventional... Then you got a lot of elite lifters pulling narrow stance conventional... So just play around with styles and see what suites you

Same thing with the squat too... Stan has a crazy raw squat style but it works for him.. Then Dan Green squats wide with olympic shoes on... I myself am finding a wider stance might work better for me....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: