Default Re: Harden now 5th ALL-TIME in 40 point games

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Harden shows how today's game is watered down

PG... magic > curry

SG... mj > harden

SF... bird > lebron

PF... malone > AD

C.... hakeem > gobert

^^^ Only the SF position would be debated, so previous eras were much better.. Harden would be 3rd best SG in the late 80's and early 90's
    lol...everything you say is ridiculous, but I legit spit out my drink when I read hakeem> Gobert...wtf? Did Nicola Jokic Joel Embiid and KAT die or something? I actually like Gobert, too, but this is just ridiculous. Your Bird over LeBron is also a bit humorous considering, at this, LeBron has already played like 6 times worth of season min s than Bird ever did and as still a top 5 player. Bird's body wasn't even able to hold up for six less years much less be able to be a top 5 player in the world the way LeBron still is.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-10-2019 at 02:23 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    lol...everything you say is ridiculous, but I legit spit out my drink when I read hakeem> Gobert...wtf? Did Nicola Jokic Joel Embiid and KAT die or something? I actually like Gobert, too, but this is just ridiculous. Your Bird over LeBron is also a bit humorous considering, at this, LeBron has already played like 6 times worth of season min s than Bird ever did and as still a top 5 player. Bird's body wasn't even able to hold up for six less years much less be able to be a top 5 player in the world the way LeBron still is.
    regarding gobert vs hakeem - I was just throwing anyone out there because today's bigs are garbage by comparison - they all pale next to hakeem, robinson, shaq, or ewing - all those guys went to the Finals multiple times in a tough conference, whereas Jokic or Embiid have never sniffed the Finals (even though Embiid plays in an easy conference)... so it's not remotely close and I'm surprised that you'd nitpick that position.. oh wait - nitpicking is all you have because you damn-sure can't win the argument - the best of previous eras > today's best... my previous post showed that previous eras have the edge at every position except maybe SF..

and regarding SF - who cares how many minutes Lebron played compared to Bird?

that doesn't make him better than bird, and the fact that you bring up minutes shows that you can't point to any actual basketball skills that he has over bird - not shooting, not passing, not rebounding, not post-up, not toughness, not clutch, not leadership, not winning... so keep dreaming... oh wait, dribbling.. he dominates the ball and freezes out ball movement and teammates better..
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-10-2019 at 02:38 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

who cares how many minutes Lebron played compared to Bird?

that doesn't make him better than bird, and the fact that you bring up minutes shows that you can't point to any actual basketball skills that he has over bird - not shooting, not passing, not rebounding, not post-up, not toughness, not clutch, not leadership, not winning... so keep dreaming

regarding gobert vs hakeem - I was just throwing anyone out there because today's bigs are garbage - they all pale next to hakeem, robinson, shaq, or ewing - all those guys went to the Finals multiple times in a tough conference, whereas Jokic or Embiid have never sniffed the Finals (even though Embiid is in an easy conference)... so it's not remotely close and I'm surprised that you'd nitpick.. oh wait... nitpicking is all you have becaused you damn-sure can't win the argument - the best of previous eras > today's best... deal with it instead of acting like a beta biatch and nitpicking meaningless crap
    The irony of the king of posting box score numbers bringing up basketball skills is hilarious. Why don't you drop a bunch of playoff Pippen numbers since actual skill and impact doesn't matter, right. You are such a fukking dotard. And Yes, I realize you were just throwing anyone out there...as you don't watch any modern basketball. So why are you posting about players you don't watch? Just do us all a over and go away till the off season where you can make another 100 threads on how MJ played 1 vs 12 to six championships. Okay?

The irony of the king of posting box score numbers bringing up basketball skills is hilarious. Why don't you drop a bunch of playoff Pippen numbers since actual skill and impact doesn't matter, right. You are such a fukking dotard. And Yes, I realize you were just throwing anyone out there...as you don't watch anything. So why are you posting about players you don't watch? Just do us all a over and go away till the off season where you can make another 100 threads on how MJ played 1 vs 12 to six championships. Okay?
    Impact?

Lebron couldn't even win 60 games with prime Kyrie and Love, while Curry wins 70+ with Dray/Klay... So Lebron's style clearly underachieves the talent level of his teams... The win-gap between him and Curry proves this, and therefore proves his overrated status - everyone simply has their head in the sand on this because they don't have the knowledge to understand that he's overrated, plus they want to like him - i.e. he isn't a "dick" like MJ.

So Lebron's impact is shit compared to Bird because Bird wins 70 games with Wade, Kyrie or AD and is never an underdog with those guys against anyone... whereas lebron's superteams were underdogs to everyone...

And btw, Bird beats Dwight easily in 2009 because SVG wouldn't be able to employ a simple defensive strategy like he did against Lebron - Lebron's 1 ball-dominator and 4 shooter brand allows a low-adjustment, straight-up defensive approach that locks down his teammates... Otoh, Bird was skilled enough to get stats while the ball moved, so SVG's defensive strategy needed to be much better vs Bird than it was against Lebron.

Again :
    Just do us all a over and go away till the off season where you can make another 100 threads on how MJ played 1 vs 12 to six championships. Okay?]
    You can tell us all how worthless every single player all time is to MJ then, okay? You can tell us how overrated LeBron is and how every single player he played with would be top 10 without him then, okay?

Again :

You can tell us all how worthless every single player all time is to MJ then, okay? You can tell us how overrated LeBron is and how every single player he played with would be top 10 without him then, okay?
    Nah, f.cuk your "again"

you skipped my last post entirely because you cannot respond.. Lebron is nowhere near goat.. not #2... not top 5... I can back up anything I say, whereas you can't because your boy is a fraud.. the most overrated athlete in the history of the world - he's the goat at being overrated...

ultimately, he has a basic ball-dominator skillset like nash or cp3, but he avoided the career-losing fate of his fellow ball-dominators by team-hopping for the extra talent this weaker style needs to win.

When a James Harden thread turns into a MJ vs LeBron thread lmaao

This sht is more than a joke at this point

Nah, f.cuk your "again"

you skipped my last post entirely because you cannot respond.. Lebron is nowhere near goat.. not #2... not top 5... I can back up anything I say, whereas you can't because your boy is a fraud.. the most overrated athlete in the history of the world - he's the goat at being overrated...

ultimately, he has a basic ball-dominator skillset like nash or cp3, but he avoided the career-losing fate of his fellow ball-dominators by team-hopping for the extra talent this weaker style needs to win.
    Yes, that is exactly it. I don't two shits about Jordan or LB. I actually want to have a real basketball discussion. I know, a very foreign concept, right? not everyone wants to obsessively live in the past like you. Some of us actually want to just discuss basketball in it's current form. I know you don't want, so again, fukk off till the next season? Just wait till june/july and you can tell us how worthless Lebron currently is and how worthless every one of Jordan's teammates were. You can't do that can you, though? You're that much of a nut you can't actually just discuss the current season and stop using this board as your personal psychotic blog.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-10-2019 at 03:23 AM.

National High School Star tanibanana's Avatar

He'll be top-3 when he's done..

Quote Originally Posted by tanibanana
    He'll be top-3 when he's done..
    Maybe. He's gotta win ships.