1 7.14%
  • Embiid (lol he wishes)

3 21.43%
  • Luka

2 14.29%
  • Ben Simmons

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who is the next face of the NBA and why is it Giannis?

Why would you include Steph in the poll when he's 30 years old (31 in less than a week)

Anyway, I think Giannis is the next face of the NBA. He's young, very talented, and likeable.

Zion definitely has a shot but it's way too soon to say

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    I don't think so, really. Not that I don't think he deserves that kind of recognition beyond just basketball but I just don't see americans warming up THAT much to a foreigner given the current climate you guys are in politically with views on foreigners. You can thank Trump for that.

But even if he was american, I just don't see him having enough of a personality to shine in front of the cameras.
    He has plenty of personality. People just don't see it because he plays for Milwaukee and the media A) doesn't give a shit about Milwaukee, and B) up until this season, hasn't had a reason to because the team sucked. There is nothing about the personalities of guys like Steph Curry or Kevin Durant that is more marketable than Giannis, the big difference is they've played on dominant teams alongside other stars, and in the case of Durant, also had the pedigree as a blue chip draft prospect.

The only "personality" he lacks compared to some of the other superstars is that he's not an unlikable asshole most of the time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He's not even close to the face of the NBA and never will be if he stays in Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    He's not even close to the face of the NBA and never will be if he stays in Milwaukee.
    LeBron played in fucking Cleveland. It doesn't matter where you play in the NBA as long has you're exciting and you win. Basketball is not regional like a sport like Baseball so he does not have to get out of Milwaukee to be marketable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

They should move the Bucks to Seattle and become the new Sonics.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    They should move the Bucks to Seattle and become the new Sonics.
    The Bucks have been around since the late 60's, they have a good history, they have a good fan base that supports their team and they just built a new arena. It would make much more sense getting rid of the Pelicans and making them the Sonics considering their lack of history and lackluster fan support.