Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default 'We tried to duck the Pistons in the late 80s' - Pippen

'We were definitely trying to dodge the Pistons, hoping someone else would take em out'

Discuss.

Default Re: 'We tried to duck the Pistons in the late 80s' - Pippen

explains pippens meltdown

Scottie probably felt that way, because he was a known softie.

Thus the migraine he forced himself to have in game seven, in a game where if he just played to his normal standards ... we would’ve been in the finals a year early

Pip is that rough type of cheap public bathroom toilet paper ... where as Pau Gasol was just straight up charmin soft.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

The bulls competed hard against the Pistons and tried to win

Even though the Bulls had 6 seeds, the Pistons never swept or beat the Bulls by record amount like Lebron's high seeds in 07/14/18

MJ only got swept with 8 seeds, in the 8 vs 1 matchup, so never with a good team like bron.. infact, MJ is the only top 10 player to never lose with a 1 or 2 seed (6-0), while everyone else lost a bunch (Kareem lost 9 times, lebron 6)

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    The bulls competed hard against the Pistons and tried to win

Even though the Bulls had 6 seeds, the Pistons never swept or beat the Bulls by record amount like Lebron's high seeds in 07/14/18

MJ only got swept with 8 seeds, in the 8 vs 1 matchup, so never with a good team like bron.. infact, MJ is the only top 10 player to never lose with a 1 or 2 seed (6-0), while everyone else lost a bunch (Kareem lost 9 times, lebron 6)
    Did they try to win when the series was tied 2-2 in '89 and MJ only attempted 8 field goals?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Did they try to win when the series was tied 2-2 in '89 and MJ only attempted 8 field goals?
    Pipen averaged 9 ppg in that series - lebron never had a sidekick that weak.

The cast's weakness and Jordan's brilliance forced the Pistons to employ the Jordan Rules, which was a scheme to ONLY defend mj (he faced multiple defenders at all times)

This speaks to how weak his cast was (that they didn't merit defending).. again, lebron missed the playoffs this year with 3 teammates > 89' pippen, while MJ went to the ecf and took the champs 6 games

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Scottie probably felt that way, because he was a known softie.

Thus the migraine he forced himself to have in game seven, in a game where if he just played to his normal standards ... we would

Pipen averaged 9 ppg in that series - lebron never had a sidekick that weak.

The cast's weakness and Jordan's brilliance forced the Pistons to employ the Jordan Rules, which was a scheme to ONLY defend mj (he faced multiple defenders at all times)

This speaks to how weak his cast was (that they didn't merit defending).. again, lebron missed the playoffs this year with 3 teammates > 89' pippen, while MJ went to the ecf and took the champs 6 games
    Why did he go back to taking 26 shots in Game 6?

In fact he was averaging roughly 23 FGAs outside of the Game 5? So why in a pivotal game where a win would have resulted them in going up 3-2 against the defending east champs, did MJ only put up 8 shots?

Hodges had 19 that game, Bill Cartwright 16/12. You'd have to think if MJ put up his usual output they'd run away with it. So why didn't he

Learning to shoot layups

Exclamation Re: 'We tried to duck the Pistons in the late 80s' - Pippen

Wow Jordan is a bitch

#NotMyGOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Jordan was the leader of the team. If they were trying to duck the Pistons then that is on him. Pippen was just a role player till 1990.
    It's not like they were saying that publicly back then

I don't see the issue

they were just THAT big of an underdog - they were massive underdogs in the 1st round, let alone the 89' ecf

Pippen averaged 9 ppg in that series - lebron never had a sidekick that weak.

The cast's weakness and Jordan's brilliance forced the Pistons to employ the Jordan Rules, which was a scheme to ONLY defend mj.. This speaks to how weak his cast was (that they didn't merit defending)..

again, lebron missed the playoffs this year with 3 teammates > 89' pippen, while MJ went to the ecf and took the champs 6 games.. this is one of the many glaring factors in the comparison

It's not like they were saying that publicly back then

I don't see the issue

they were just THAT big of an underdog - they were massive underdogs in the 1st round, let alone the 89' ecf

Pippen averaged 9 ppg in that series - lebron never had a sidekick that weak.

The cast's weakness and Jordan's brilliance forced the Pistons to employ the Jordan Rules, which was a scheme to ONLY defend mj.. This speaks to how weak his cast was (that they didn't merit defending)..

again, lebron missed the playoffs this year with 3 teammates > 89' pippen, while MJ went to the ecf and took the champs 6 games.. this is one of the many glaring factors in the comparison
    Jordan a coward confirmed. Your hero is yellow.

Didn't really notice it because I guess I'm immune to it now, but jesus christ 3ball....can you make a post on ANY topic without bringing LeBron into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Jordan a coward confirmed. Your hero is yellow.
    Again, it's nothing.. I'm not even denying it.. it's just nothing

And shows how hurt you guys are that we were right: Leastern conference, Lecollude, Lebrick - this season proves everything right that we've been saying, so now ur losing it and reaching with weak threads like this

Again, it's nothing.. I'm not even denying it.. it's just nothing

And shows how hurt you guys are that we were right: Leastern conference, Lecollude, Lebrick - this season proves everything right that we've been saying, so now ur losing it and reaching with weak threads like this
    I am huh? You really are a headcase aren't you? How many times do I have to say it? I could care less about LeBron. I don't like him. I don't dislike him. He's always just bored me. I've even said that making a LeBron thread (whether positive or negative) should be an automatic ban on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Why did he go back to taking 26 shots in Game 6?

In fact he was averaging roughly 23 FGAs outside of the Game 5? So why in a pivotal game where a win would have resulted them in going up 3-2 against the defending east champs, did MJ only put up 8 shots?

Hodges had 19 that game, Bill Cartwright 16/12. You'd have to think if MJ put up his usual output they'd run away with it. So why didn't he
    I'm waiting?