Default Any "Melungeons" here?

"Melungeon is a term traditionally applied to one of numerous "tri-racial isolate" groups of the Southeastern United States. Historically, Melungeons were associated with the Cumberland Gap area of central Appalachia, which includes portions of East Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, and eastern Kentucky. Tri-racial describes populations thought to be of mixed European, African and Native American ancestry. Although there is no consensus on how many such groups exist, estimates range as high as 200. "

Thinking about taking a DNA test to see which I might be, but even then those things seem sorta like they could be a waste. Any recommendations on which to use? I know for sure I am though, I'm white as hell but some family members going back were definitely mixed.

You might be able to claim me as one of your own Mask :')

Serious playground baller

Default Re: Any "Melungeons" here?

When you talk does it sound like you have a piece of shit rolling around in your mouth or do you have a Midwestern/California, proper accent? Someone may mistake you for a melungeon if you sound like that. It happens.

Default Re: Any "Melungeons" here?

Quote Originally Posted by Skip_Bayless
    When you talk does it sound like you have a piece of shit rolling around in your mouth or do you have a Midwestern/California, proper accent? Someone may mistake you for a melungeon if you sound like that. It happens.

Nah I'm from Chicago, raised between there and a bordering northern suburb. Moms from Pippa Passes Kentucky so that's where I get the mixed blood from. Cant tell by looking at either of us, but a few generations back yeah.

https://youtu.be/NBFx2wR8Hlk

5:43 with the bat, talking a little deeper than normal and the first thing I said I threw in a little accent but otherwise that's how I talk. Can't believe this was nearly a decade ago

Also the terminator in it earlier but I was doing my best Arnold impression lmao. Some stupid shit my god Im cringing
    Last edited by jongib369; 01-13-2019 at 08:34 PM.