Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How much current WWE wrestlers are making

Some are making more than I thought they would be. But still far less than other professional athletes.

[QUOTE]these figures are rounded up from the original figures we received. These figures do not include, PPV or appearance bonuses, nor do they include the merchandise cut that each performer receives. Some performers receive an additional percentage added to their merchandise cut, if they are a high merchandise seller, and these are noted.

Note 1: It would appear that WWE

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: How much current WWE wrestlers are making

It sucks to be a diva I see.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiKhan
    It sucks to be a diva I see.
    Yeah $80,000 seems like alot but not when you have travel expenses and the medical bills that come with being a wrestler. I've heard some of the TNA knockouts still work at hooters and other waitressing jobs. We had a poster here that was neighbors with one.

those girls need to unionize

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    those girls need to unionize
    Is that another word for sucking dicks?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by goldenryan
    Yeah $80,000 seems like alot but not when you have travel expenses and the medical bills that come with being a wrestler. I've heard some of the TNA knockouts still work at hooters and other waitressing jobs. We had a poster here that was neighbors with one.
    They don't even pay their wrestler's medical bills?

And what determines all these pay discrepancies (some make millions, others like 60,000)? I'll assume it's popularity since I've only watched WWE (at the time WWF) when I was a little kid and don't know any new wrestlers besides the top ones. But since a wrestler becames popular by winning and they don't control the results of their matches how does that work out? Backstage politics must be crazy in that organization.

And what determines all these pay discrepancies (some make millions, others like 60,000)? I'll assume it's popularity since I've only watched WWE (at the time WWF) when I was a little kid and don't know any new wrestlers besides the top ones. But since a wrestler becames popular by winning and they don't control the results of their matches how does that work out? Backstage politics must be crazy in that organization.
    The same way they determine actor's.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

They don't even pay their wrestler's medical bills?

Nah, it's the other way around. Most wrestlers win after becoming popular. They become popular through gimmicks, feuds or backstage politics. Or sometimes they just have "the WWE look."

Examples:
    Popular route- John Cena(rap gimmick got him popular), CM Punk and Danel Bryan(both have huge indie wrestling scene following), Undertaker and Kane(their gimmicks),

Backstage route: Sheamus(Triple H's workout buddy), Orton(third generation wrestler),

National High School Star

Christian is really screwed over.

I remember the ppv right before he left for TNA, he was off the hook. Great mic skills, great in ring ability.

Too bad he doesn't look like a roided up junky.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    Christian is really screwed over.

I remember the ppv right before he left for TNA, he was off the hook. Great mic skills, great in ring ability.

Too bad he doesn't look like a roided up junky.
    He has been used as his salary states though, an upper-midcarder and a short-term main-eventer.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    He has been used as his salary states though, an upper-midcarder and a short-term main-eventer.
    around 600k. look at dolph ziggler, he sucks. tensei, mark henry, del rio, cody rhodes...

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    around 600k. look at dolph ziggler, he sucks. tensei, mark henry, del rio, cody rhodes...
    Henry signed a ten year contract with WWE in 1996. I can't imagine they gave him another 10 year contract after that one expired.

Shamed WCW never took off. These salaries are pretty pitiful considering what these Athletes bring in.

Before WCW started snatching all the talent from WWF, these guys barely even had contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Before WCW started snatching all the talent from WWF, these guys barely even had contracts.

Unfortunate. Competition would be great for the wrestling market.