• Embiid (lol he wishes)

3 21.43%
  • Luka

2 14.29%
  • Ben Simmons

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Default Who is the next face of the NBA and why is it Giannis?

Giannis is going to be the next face, marketable, likeable, good looking, attractive playstyle, human highlight reel, the best player in the NBA and soon to be first time MVP at only 24

He has everything to be the new face of the NBA

Default Re: Who is the next face of the NBA and why is it Giannis?

Giannis is definitely the best candidate for next face of the NBA. His likability combined with his dominance and competitiveness make him the best choice.

He has the most potential due to how dominant he is on both ends of the court and how most teams don't really have the size to neutralize him. You could body him up in the early 2000s and in the 90s but what do you do now? He'll be unstoppable as long as he has consistent 3-point shooters around him.

Giannis/Ben Simmons will be terrorizing the league for the years to come.

Ben is literally one jumper away from being the best player in the world. He is also an elite defender.

Banned

zion

the media hype train will get behind him and thats all it takes

the next face is different than the next best player

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    Giannis/Ben Simmons will be terrorizing the league for the years to come.

Ben is literally one jumper away from being the best player in the world. He is also an elite defender.
    I can't ever envision Simmons being equal to or surpassing Giannis as a player. Giannis is more physically gifted and that will always give him a distinct edge.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Giannis is too much of a choker to be the face of the NBA

Got to go with my boy D'Lo, best player under the age of 24 and is about to win MVP next year and he has a clutch gene unlike Giannis

Giannis with his 1st MVP this year.
    I hope he doesn

There was a talk about who's going to be the face of the NBA now that LeBron's career is effectively over. I think it was ESPN but... basically it boils down like this;

Zion: too soon to say
    Giannis: a foreigner without the 'american' swag and persona
    Kawhi: socially inept
    Durant: nope
    Harden: weird dude, doesn't have razzmatazz game to show for

The only player left is Curry.. the guy's fun to watch, is cocky and colourful enough on the court and outside to get people interested in him beyond just his game.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    There was a talk about who's going to be the face of the NBA now that LeBron's career is effectively over. I think it was ESPN but... basically it boils down like this;

The only player left is Curry.. the guy's fun to watch, is cocky and colourful enough on the court and outside to get people interested in him beyond just his game.

Curry wont be marketed as the face because hell be 31. In 2015 he was heading that way.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Curry wont be marketed as the face because hell be 31. In 2015 he was heading that way.
    Agree, if he had won the ring in that historical 2016 season and then not joining KD, he would be the clear face today.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    He still has a few years left but yeah, the window is closing in on him and the media STILL talks about LeBron 24/7.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zion was the next guy they constantly talked about in order to get their ratings up. But that will really only happen if he doesn't turn out to be a dud one he enters the league... actually he'd have to be pretty close to MJs, Kobe's or LeBron's level (relative to their rookie seasons) to be the new face of the NBA in the new few years.

Otherwise... NBA is screwed.... but I don't think we really need a go to guy to enjoy watching things unfold in the league.

Take hockey and the NHL for example; there is usually a new stanley cup winner. Wouldn't it be more exciting if the NBA were like that instead of constantly pushing LeBron and the Warriors into the finals? It's been repetitive as [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]uck.

I think it was Broussard on Nick Wright/Cris Carter's show. One of them made this argument for Giannis and I legit laughed out loud at how f*cking stupid it was.

Literally the only problem with Giannis is that he plays for Milwaukee and we don't have a second superstar to help him transcend the market like KD/Russ did together in OKC. If Giannis was having the same season he's having both individually and team-wise but played for a decent sized market like Philly, Houston, Dallas, Boston, Miami, etc..he'd be pushed to an absurd degree by the NBA hype machine. And if it was a big market like NYC, LA, Chicago, he'd be a 100% lock to be the face of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I think it was Broussard on Nick Wright/Cris Carter's show. One of them made this argument for Giannis and I legit laughed out loud at how f*cking stupid it was.

Literally the only problem with Giannis is that he plays for Milwaukee and we don't have a second superstar to help him transcend the market like KD/Russ did together in OKC. If Giannis was having the same season he's having both individually and team-wise but played for a decent sized market like Philly, Houston, Dallas, Boston, Miami, etc..he'd be pushed to an absurd degree by the NBA hype machine. And if it was a big market like NYC, LA, Chicago, he'd be a 100% lock to be the face of the league.
    I don't think so, really. Not that I don't think he deserves that kind of recognition beyond just basketball but I just don't see americans warming up THAT much to a foreigner given the current climate you guys are in politically with views on foreigners. You can thank Trump for that.

But even if he was american, I just don't see him having enough of a personality to shine in front of the cameras.

I don't think so, really. Not that I don't think he deserves that kind of recognition beyond just basketball but I just don't see americans warming up THAT much to a foreigner given the current climate you guys are in politically with views on foreigners. You can thank Trump for that.

But even if he was american, I just don't see him having enough of a personality to shine in front of the cameras.
    He has more than enough personality. He's shown more personality than LeBron or Kobe did through the first six years of their careers.