Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Baron Davis once again making excuses for past failures

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Then how come melo have achieved more than him if hes more important. In fact the 2nd best pg deron havent made a team contender yet thats why hes whining. The time they went to the conference finals is more due to luck that they didnt faced either san antonio/dallas/phx. And dallas got eliminated in the first round. Oh and rose just got lucky to have a good team right away.
    Again.... it's a TEAM SPORT. Melo has only been out of the first round one time. That was in Denver where he had a loaded squad. Even Nuggets fans will say it was the great depth and all around talent. Melo didn't do as much for Denver as CP3 did for New Orleans. So both players have been out of the first round every year mostly and Chris Paul had way less talent on his squads.

Decent college freshman

all i know is he is a veritable point guard. mike said he could be back by the end of the month which makes me happy.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Again.... it's a TEAM SPORT. Melo has only been out of the first round one time. That was in Denver where he had a loaded squad. Even Nuggets fans will say it was the great depth and all around talent. Melo didn't do as much for Denver as CP3 did for New Orleans. So both players have been out of the first round every year mostly and Chris Paul had way less talent on his squads.
    bla bla excuses excuses. Pgs are just like centers. They are complimentary pieces to scorers. Scorers are the ones leading you to a chip. Pgs are really role players and they are so overrated. The scorers are the stars. Deal with it. You overpay for a roleplayer.

bla bla excuses excuses. Pgs are just like centers. They are complimentary pieces to scorers. Scorers are the ones leading you to a chip. Pgs are really role players and they are so overrated. The scorers are the stars. Deal with it. You overpay for a roleplayer.

You're the guy who said defense is for low level players? And you admire Carmelo's pride for not playing it?

And you think the Knicks are going to be good?

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

With the athletes on the Knicks, I predict Baron to have like a 14 and 8 season. Guy will beast when hes motivated. Baron with Amare and Chandler in the pick and roll will be super nice.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Steve Nash and the Suns hardly skipped a beat after losing Amare for the season in 06. Amare being their "scorer."

Banned

Melo lead his team to the WCF. Chris Paul lead his team to a 60 point home playoff defeat in the second round AGAINST MELO'S TEAM

/thread

I suggest you watch more of the Clippers before saying such ridiculous things. The Baron Davis Clipper era was riddled with ridiculous underachieving.
    What I said isn't ridiculous at all. Reflecting why they underachieved so bad that season is easy to see. That team suffered setbacks and injuries to core players and whatnot all season long.

If you were to say during the earlier part of that season that a core of Baron, Kaman, EJ, Camby and add to it Z-Bo were going to be a playoff team, I probably wouldn't disagree but ONLY with the Z-Bo acquisition. Otherwise that team doesn't look all that imposing even had Baron brought the revamped motivation he found in Golden State to the Clippers.

Baron
    Ellis/Pietrus
    Jackson/Barnes
    Harrington
    Biedrins

playing run and gun won 48 games in 08

Baron
    Rookie EJ/Old Mobley
    2nd year Al Thornton
    Tim Thomas
    Kaman/Camby

^ would have needed to win at least 48 games to be playoff team. I don't see it. With Zach, maybe. But add hampering injuries to core players throughout the season- 19 wins isn't far fetched at all. Maybe a bit low but feasible.

Don't see how Baron is to blame for the team's woes.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    What I said isn't ridiculous at all. Reflecting why they underachieved so bad that season is easy to see. That team suffered setbacks and injuries to core players and whatnot all season long.

If you were to say during the earlier part of that season that a core of Baron, Kaman, EJ, Camby and add to it Z-Bo were going to be a playoff team, I probably wouldn't disagree but ONLY with the Z-Bo acquisition. Otherwise that team doesn't look all that imposing even had Baron brought the revamped motivation he found in Golden State to the Clippers.

Baron
    Ellis/Pietrus
    Jackson/Barnes
    Harrington
    Biedrins

playing run and gun won 48 games in 08

Baron
    Rookie EJ/Old Mobley
    2nd year Al Thornton
    Tim Thomas
    Kaman/Camby

^ would have needed to win at least 48 games to be playoff team. I don't see it. With Zach, maybe. But add hampering injuries to core players throughout the season- 19 wins isn't far fetched at all. Maybe a bit low but feasible.

Don't see how Baron is to blame for the team's woes.
    I already acknowledged tons of injuries in a previous post. That being said Baron was a HUGE part of the problem. He was brought in to be a franchise player/savior and underachieved greatly from day one. The Clippers thought they got a steal and were expecting GS BD. Instead they got the worst BD imaginable.

You don't expect him to receive a large portion of the blame despite the fact that he was brought in to be a franchise player and was our worst influence and worst worker on the team?

good for Baron. keep giving excuses. give excuses to your excuses.

I already acknowledged tons of injuries in a previous post. That being said Baron was a HUGE part of the problem. He was brought in to be a franchise player/savior and underachieved greatly from day one. The Clippers thought they got a steal and were expecting GS BD. Instead they got the worst BD imaginable.

You don't expect him to receive a large portion of the blame despite the fact that he was brought in to be a franchise player and was our worst influence and worst worker on the team?
    Well maybe that's the problem right there. Savior? No way. Davis turned back the clock a little bit during his stint as a a Warrior but he was barely a borderline star player. The 07 postseason he stepped up big time so I give him that. But then in 08, he was back to being that borderline star again. He was massively overpaid with the Clipps so in that sense, I guess he underachieved for what he was getting paid. That blame should go to the organization though if anything cause Baron alone isn't going to turn any franchise around. The reason Warriors made the playoffs in 07 is cause Mullin made a great move bring in Jackson and Harrington in exchange for Murphy and Dunleavy halfway into the season. Soon after they got hot and snuck in. Look at 05 to 06, Baron's impact made not difference in the win column for the Warriors.

The Clippers in essence practically traded Davis for Maggette. In all seriousness, how much better could the team really get? In terms of impact, Davis isn't THAT much better than Maggette. And I say that lightly because I freakin hate Maggette.... with a passion....as a player, not in real life.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Steve Nash and the Suns hardly skipped a beat after losing Amare for the season in 06. Amare being their "scorer."
    yah on a weakened west. No houston and seattle who were good teams the season before. They struggled against lakers and clippers and got lucky that that they didnt face either san antonio dallas. It was just luck. Get back to me if they do it again. Oh wait they missed the playoffs in 2009 and last season. LOL

3-time NBA All-Star

Thats your problem coz you expect too much from Baron. If a superstar pg like cp3 is finding hard to get the 2nd round, then why are you setting high standards for baron esp making him the franchise player when hes not even top 5 pg.

Read this entire thread and realised that.....

CLIPPERSFAN86 you need to get a life! You are posting at a rate that I consider very unhealthy. Would be surprised if you didnt have body sores that peel from your skin like patients you see in hospitals that have been confined to a bed for too long

Funny you continue to ignore people who are pointing this out to you, care to explain why you post so frantically? BTW I dont believe you post as little as 3 in a day, 11000 posts in a year is roughly 33 posts a day

knicks dont need baron to be a savior or anything, we need a guy that can pass the ball without losing it or throwing it away, and be able to knock down a perimeter shot when open

and playing alongside melo/amare, he'll find his role and i think will fit well