Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Boozer should go to Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    If you pick him up you have to pay him his 16m. So unless some teams feels like helping Chicago it won't happen.
    nope.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    Guess what? Miami already used their amnesty on Mike Miller so Miami can't big on anybody getting amnestied.
    is that accurate? im referring to the part about teams who used their amnesty not being able to bid for amnesty players. i thought only teams under the cap can bid, whether or not they used their amnesty clause.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    The Houston Rockets used their amnesty on Luis Scola. That means they aren't allowed to sign a player getting amnestied by another team. Another rule people don't know about is that only teams under the cap area allowed to sign an amnestied player.
    It turns out that this rule is not true. I tweeted to Larry Coon asking if that is the case and he said "no"

You can bid on an amnestied player if you have cap space...whether you have amnestied a player before does NOT matter.

Just wanted to clarify and share what he said.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    is that accurate? im referring to the part about teams who used their amnesty not being able to bid for amnesty players. i thought only teams under the cap can bid, whether or not they used their amnesty clause.
    That's not true