Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default D Rose NOT INVOLVED in recruiting carmelo after all

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...armelo-anthony

Not sure who to believe on this one, Chicago or D rose, but Rose seems socially awkward

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re: D Rose NOT INVOLVED in recruiting carmelo after all

Former Bulls Fan.

All I know is that if the Bulls fail to get Melo i'm done being a Bulls fan until Rose is off the fuccing team.

NOT good news for Bulls fans. Rose needed to have an aggressive stance in recruiting Melo..

Banned

Treating Rose like the Meg of the Bulls organization. Just keep working out, bro. Don't mind this. Nah, Melo isn't coming. But I saw his car. Just stop....

Who cares. If I was Rose, and that was not just my team ... but my city? I wouldn't be whoring myself out trying to recruit some other guy to my team. I would feel so embarrassed. Like a used car salesman.

All you need to tell the guy is the roster is stacked, and built perfect for his abilities. Do you want to win or not?

Anything else? And that's the front office, steakhouses, nightlife, and local strip clubs jobs. I'm proud of Rose for retaining his dignity at least when it comes to wanting to compete against elite contemporaries and not suck their dick to get them to join the team.

Now all he needs to do is remove his bloody tampon, and get on the court. Just work on your game dude. I don't need your socially awkward ass trying to pimp our city out to that smiling retard. We'd be better off trying to woo Miss Honey Nut Cheerios anyway, she wears the pants in that relationship.

never doubt broussard sauces.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks its incredibly weird how much roses people force it down our throats that he's not recruiting? Every couple weeks it's like we need to be reminded that he's so cool and won't recruit and all this other bullshit. Hey guys I don't care....no seriously I don't care you know? It's like crazy how much I don't care but I just wanted to make sure you remember I don't care. So ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Am I the only one who thinks its incredibly weird how much roses people force it down our throats that he's not recruiting? Every couple weeks it's like we need to be reminded that he's so cool and won't recruit and all this other bullshit. Hey guys I don't care....no seriously I don't care you know? It's like crazy how much I don't care but I just wanted to make sure you remember I don't care. So ridiculous.
    That's not the case at all. If anything it's been played up as a negative about him in this current colluding, pussified climate of the modern NBA. Everyone's on that Marvel Studio, soft AF we need to team up shit. I think it's refreshing Derrick isn't one of these beta, uncompetitive fomos like LeBron, CP3, etc trying to team up with every great player.

So if you're not recruiting, you're not a beta? Dafuq I hate this alpha beta talk.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

All I know is that if the Bulls fail to get Melo i'm done being a Bulls fan until Rose is off the fuccing team.
    With you having been a Heat fan for 20 years before suddenly becoming a Bulls fan I assure you real Bulls fans wont miss you.

Serious playground baller FlawlessVictory's Avatar

Few things

# I didn't think it would be possible, but my already low opinion of that idiot Broussard and his sources continues to decline. I follow a couple of major sports closely and Broussard is right up there with the worst.

# There is a lot to admire about Rose in an era where other 'superstars' by default join together with their buddies and try to stack the odds against the opposition and win. Long gone are the days of having a competitive will to go up against your pears and prove yourself.

# The big problem though for the entire Bulls organisation is that while as I said above, his stance can be commended, it does not help them in their ultimate goal of winning a championship. Here's the thing, I wouldn't back the Bulls to win the title next season even with a 100% Rose, which in itself is very unlikely. So by refusing to pander to the egos of other superstars, he basically drives the nail into the metaphorical coffin that is their title hopes.

# So Rose will be remembered as a very talented player who tried to go it alone in many ways. A player with zero rings and inevitable regrets when he retires. He will then have to ask himself whether his stance was worth it.

# My personal view is that while I hate the modern NBA culture, it is what it is and if you want to win a ring you simply have to join together with at least one other superstar. Rose should have put his obvious disdain for the process aside for one summer and did everything he could to convince Melo to come. That was destined to failure imo from the start, but he and Bulls should start a full court press on Love when Melo inevitably takes the money and goes back to NY.
    Last edited by FlawlessVictory; 07-05-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    yes i think your the only one.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Rose just wants to be the best. and feels that melo might take that away from him. Rose still believes he can win a title without melos help. He hasn't got to that desperation (i may never win a title, ditch my loyalty to get ring is a must) stage yet. like some players.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...armelo-anthony

Not sure who to believe on this one, Chicago or D rose, but Rose seems socially awkward
    Good for Rose that he never fell for the phony charade put on by Melo. That nikka was always gon' go for the money, he doesn't care that much about winning.