Default Suns unveil plan to offer max contracts to Lebron and Melo

Dime Magazine

Here is the top 40 free agents this offseason. I think we should be trying to land Monroe.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Default Re: Suns unveil plan to offer max contracts to Lebron and Melo

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Dime Magazine

Here is the top 40 free agents this offseason. I think we should be trying to land Monroe.
    Yeah I would love that. How much money will Monroe command, max?

128 time NBA All Star Run&Gun=Fun's Avatar

Hopefully lebron let's them know quickly so if he doesn't join the suns they can get someone like Hayward or Monroe.

I just have a feeling lebron will seriously consider.

Suns can offer max money to him and basically anyone else of his choice and they have a better/younger roster than any of the other suitors.

C'mon lebron bring a championship to the valley of the sun.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

there's reports that the Suns are going to throw max money on Gordon Hayward.

128 time NBA All Star Run&Gun=Fun's Avatar

Yeah they've been eying Hayward for a year or two he's a nice player so if they don't land lebron I don't mind the idea, I guess he'd have to play the 3 though if they keep Bledsoe and it would almost certainly see tucker and/or green gone or in reduced roles.

is he really worth max money though?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I'm wondering the same thing. Haven't really watched him play but it sounds silly giving him a max contract.

FA sucks for teams like us, even though we have a new coach and gm that are both great at what they do, big names probably still regard us as having a bad front office and coach.

If you don't get LeBron or melo you're limited to the likes of hayward...big drop off in talent
    They could still pick up Monroe (if he wants to play here) and I'd think it was a successful FA. I never once believed Lebron, Dirk, Melo, Wade, Bosh etc... I'm okay if they don't ever come here.

Banned

Whoever we decide to sign, whether it be lebron, hayward, or monroe, we better hurry. In order to sign a max and keep bledsoe, we have to sign the person to the max, then resign bledsoe using his bird rights to go over the cap.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I hope we get Monroe. Skilled bigs that make a good fit in our team are hard to come by, and i have a feeling Detroit wont match with how much money they have committed to JSmoove.

Btw, anyone else shocked Frye opted out of his player option? I dont see him making more than $6.8 million. Unless he's doing so to get a longer deal. Personally i loved him as a Sun, but dont fancy him much returning.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    I hope we get Monroe. Skilled bigs that make a good fit in our team are hard to come by, and i have a feeling Detroit wont match with how much money they have committed to JSmoove.

Btw, anyone else shocked Frye opted out of his player option? I dont see him making more than $6.8 million. Unless he's doing so to get a longer deal. Personally i loved him as a Sun, but dont fancy him much returning.
    Only thing he really had going for him was he was a hometown kid, went to St, Mary's and UofA. Also he would occasionally get hot from 3 point line and put up numbers. I thought for sure he would have opted in tho