Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The F-cking Republicans finally f-cking admitted that they were full of shit on GCC??

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Republicans are too slow to realize that making money off global warming is for real. Al Gore and his pals are three steps away already.
    In 2014:

87% of the political contributions of the oil and gas industry went to Republicans.

96% of the political contributions of the coal industry went to Republicans.

I would say the Republicans are making more money off global warming than their opponents.

Default Re: The F-cking Republicans finally f-cking admitted that they were full of shit on GCC??

Mitt Romney has just created a distinction between him and the other 2016 GOP candidates
    Stoking the fires for a possible third presidential run, Mitt Romney split with the majority of Republicans and said he believes humans contribute to climate change.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Mitt Romney has just created a distinction between him and the other 2016 GOP candidates

Might as well. If it doesnt work this time he can always give a different opinion next election.

He'll never survive the primaries with that opinion.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    He'll never survive the primaries with that opinion.

The republican base may be in general on the side of downplaying global warming, but I dont think its exactly a priority issue. Hes still likely going to tow the republican line on abortion and gay murriage. If people think he has the best shot to beat the Dem candidate theyll vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    If people think he has the best shot to beat the Dem candidate theyll vote for him.
    Incorrect.

Huntsman easily would have had the best chance in the actual election in 2012, because he wasn't too extreme.

He didn't survive the primary because he wasn't extreme Right enough.

NBA Legend

Incorrect.

Huntsman easily would have had the best chance in the actual election in 2012, because he wasn't too extreme.

He didn't survive the primary because he wasn't extreme Right enough.

On which issues?

I'm talking about Romney specifically. If Republicans think he can unseat the Dems, I doubt they thumb their noses at him over his current stance on climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    On which issues?

I'm talking about Romney specifically. If Republicans think he can unseat the Dems, I doubt they thumb their noses at him over his current stance on climate change.
    Last election, anyone who wasn't anti-abortion, anti-tax, pro-military, anti-immigrant, anti-climate change, anti-gay marriage, didn't stand a chance in the primaries.

I don't think that has changed much, but the Republican primary voters could surprise me I suppose.

NBA Legend

Last election, anyone who wasn't anti-abortion, anti-tax, pro-military, anti-immigrant, anti-climate change, anti-gay marriage, didn't stand a chance in the primaries.

I don't think that has changed much, but the Republican primary voters could surprise me I suppose.

Well fundamentalists bitched about Mittens in the primaries last election just like they did with McCain before him. Obviously moderate Republicans are winning in the primaries. So I doubt takin a moderate view on climate change is going to have much impact. Besides I'm sure his team did plenty of polling and research before making his position official .

   

This book was written by the current Chairperson of the Senate Environment Committee
    jesus, i'm afraid to ask how he nabbed that position in the first place.

In 2014:

87% of the political contributions of the oil and gas industry went to Republicans.

96% of the political contributions of the coal industry went to Republicans.

I would say the Republicans are making more money off global warming than their opponents.
    awesome factoid, thank you.

i'm not sure exxon secrets is being updated anymore, but it's a great way to see how the money flows from the energy industry in to the pockets of their lackeys... whose jobs are essentially to snow the public on various science issues in the form of 'think tanks' and such.