Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Your 10 GOAT standup Comedians of all time?

Criteria = Guys that just made you chuckle more than anybody. I am not talking about "comedians" (actors), i am talking about STANDUP comedians.

For me its:

1. Steven Wright -

GOAT dry humor and the funniest part is he is exactly like that irl which makes interviews like in Ferguson, Letterman and Conan become the most confusing funny mindblowing awkward interviews ever, according to me he has the fastest/funniest comedic mind ever as he naturally is that funny & that unique, he improvs and mostly because its at my exact acquired taste for humor, very unique guy (and his looks perfectly add to his character lol).... he has been doing this his entire life.

2. Dave Chappelle -

I think he is the evolution/much funnier version of Richard Pryor and made what i think is the funniest show ever, please come back man!!!

3. George Carlin -

Funny and incredibly intelligent, has probably made more quantity of quality standup specials than anybody, the older he got the funnier he got.... seen his last special just a moment before he died of old age? Amazing....

4. Bill Burr -

Love that angry analytical humor he has (and he is exactly like that irl aswell, maybe even funnier irl!), he is like offended by everything lol, any subject becomes funny, i think he is the best standup comedian out there today.

5. Damon Wayans -

Just seen two of his standup specials from late 80s / early 90s and i cant remember the last time i laughed so hard, wow, how can this guy be so undervalued in the standup comedy world?

6. Bill Cosby -

Love how he portrays his subjects with his conversational and kindof self-deprecating style of humor, absolutely hilarious.

7. Louis CK -

He is kindof like Bill Burr, i mean that type of comedy but a different character, arguably as funny or maybe even funnier, he is maybe the best/funniest standup comedian today.

8. Richard Pryor -

The funniest standup pioneer alongside George Carlin, Bill Cosby and Lenny Bruce. But just WAAAAAY to overvalued considering everybody just puts him at #1 randomly without even seeing his specials and comparing to everybody else......

9. Chris Rock -

Just flatout funny... wish he doesnt stop doing standup "because he doesnt have to anymore" going Eddie Murphy on us!

10. Eddie Murphy

Could have been much higher on my list if he made more than just what 2 standup specials? He refuses to do standup.
    Last edited by pauk; 01-19-2015 at 07:23 PM.

Cali Love

Default Re: Your 10 GOAT standup Comedians of all time?

eddie's RAW>>

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    5. Damon Wayans -

Just seen two of his standup specials from late 80s / early 90s and i cant remember the last time i laughed so hard, wow, how can this guy be so undervalued in the standup comedy world?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    He has maybe the best physical/acting standup comedy delivery ive seen (Well, Chris Farley, but he is no standup guy), like the part when he portrays sex with his wife, Leon Jackson, OJ Simpson, Magic Johnson & Rodman, Gay Magic Johnson, his son jerking of, ***** size, etc. couldnt hold it in any longer.

What is your top 10 L.Kizzle?
    Last edited by pauk; 01-19-2015 at 07:46 PM.

He has maybe the best physical/acting standup comedy delivery ive seen (Well, Chris Farley, but he is no standup guy), like the part when he portrays sex with his wife, Leon Jackson, OJ Simpson, Magic Johnson, his son jerking of, ***** size, etc. couldnt hold it in any longer.

What is your top 10 L.Kizzle?
    Yes, that special is hilarious. Have you seen his One Night Stand? Or his appearances on Robert Townsend HBO Specials from 87?

Let me put my list together.

One thing to say, Sinbad is funny as hell.

OMG yes 80s/90s Sinbad! Very clean material aswell.

Martin Lawrence is kindof underrated aswell, i thought his standup in the 90s was hilarious and he was funny in Def Comedy Jam.... his show (Martin) is one of my favorite shows of all time, speaking of physical/acting comedy delivery Dragonfly Jones!!

OMG yes 80s/90s Sinbad! Very clean material aswell.

Martin Lawrence is kindof underrated aswell, i thought his standup in the 90s was hilarious and he was funny in Def Comedy Jam.... his show (Martin) is one of my favorite shows of all time, speaking of physical/acting comedy delivery Dragonfly Jones!!
    Martins stand up not as great as his TV show.

Now Robin Harris though he only had one special and album and died.

Robin Williams very physical also.

YouTube a cat named Richard & Willie.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Sinbad was awful, Martin was "okay"...Damon Wayans was great at stand up though, definitely agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Sinbad was awful, Martin was "okay"...Damon Wayans was great at stand up though, definitely agree with that
    Wow Sinbad awful. Tell me you've never seen any of his 5+ specials in the 90s? Even his special a few years ago had me laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Wow Sinbad awful. Tell me you've never seen any of his 5+ specials in the 90s? Even his special a few years ago had me laughing.
    I saw 2-3 of his stand ups back in the 90s...couldn't get into it, always felt he was corny

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    I'm not the authority on comedy or anything, but yall tellin me Damon Wayans is funnier than Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and Chris rock?
    I'd have him ranked below all of those guys...Daman was still very funny though

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I saw 2-3 of his stand ups back in the 90s...couldn't get into it, always felt he was corny
    He's not corny he just doesn't curse. His bits on signs of stroke, ordering at McDonalds all great. Has great timing.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    I'm not the authority on comedy or anything, but yall tellin me Damon Wayans is funnier than Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and Chris rock?
    Murph is on record saying cats like Damon were one of the reason he stopped doing stand up. Rock said Damon helped him early in his career with his stand up.

I have Damon as 5th greatest black stand up behind those guys and Cosby and Redd Foxx.

1. Chris Rock
    Just the best stand-up comedian of all time. One of the smartest acts out there.
    2. Don Rickles
    To me the best overall comic of all time. Greatness personified as far as it comes to comedy, great wit, a lot of improvisation and I think he's the fastest comeback line maker of all time.
    3. Kevin Hart
    I know a lot of people now hate him, because he was universally loved just a year ago. He's an incredible stand up comic, one of the best, just appeals to my style of humour. His shaq all-star special was one of the best things i've ever heard.
    4. David Chapelle
    "We got five bla... hello?" he got me into watching stand up just from this line, never laughed more in my life.
    5. Louis CK
    Great, great comedic mind and overall comedian. His stand up is amazing and extremely clever.
    6. Zach Galifianakis.
    His awkward style makes me laugh so hard. Trully one of the best.
    7. Jimmy Carr
    Master of dark humour. Great against hecklers, haven't seen too much of his stuff yet, but as much as I've seen, he's amazing
    8. Ricky Gervais
    I hate his laugh, but love his stand up
    9. Bill Burr
    I love his stand ups, haven't seen that much yet.
    10. Eddie Murphy.
    Quality is great, quantinty is terrible

Maybe we should make a top 10 overall comedians thread? Not just stand up guys