Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Steph Curry can deadlift 400 pounds

trap bars are preferable because you stand inside it rather than have the whole load behind or in front of you. better physiologically. i trap bar dead 725 at 220 lbs so 400 is mehville

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I lift daily, but I've never done a dead lift, nor did I know what a "trap bar" was until that youtube video.

Can someone that knows please enlighten the masses on which is harder -- squats or dead lift? Does a trap bar make a dead lift easier?

they were bigger a few years ago, i think they are laying off the juice. kevin love's game has suffered imo cause he's too damn scrawny now

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    Most NBA players don't even look like they give a sh!t about working out. Bogut, Marc, and DJ are no exceptions.

was wondering this myself probably ***** boy who curls and benches 135 every day

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    More importantly, why/how do you lift daily and have never done a deadlift?

400 pounds on a trap bat is nothing to brag about

Quote Originally Posted by kunk75
    trap bars are preferable because you stand inside it rather than have the whole load behind or in front of you. better physiologically. i trap bar dead 725 at 220 lbs so 400 is mehville
    Trap bars are do not preferable to a normal barbell if you want to get an actual full body workout. A trap bat is to a barbell deadlift as a squat machine is to a barbell squat. Ever wonder why trap bars aren't used in competition?

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    As I've said before - NBA = genetics. These guys don't need to do stuff like deadlifts. Iggy just looks like that.
    They do.

They're just more worried about power output over pure strength. Not that they don't strength based exercise, since they clearly do.

no but i'm a 6'2 220lb bodybuilder with 21 inch arms and a 51 inch chest, 34 thighs and 33 waist so my opinion is good enough for me. i don't **** with real powerlifting anymore, i'm about to turn 40 and would like to be able to walk as a senior citizen

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Trap bars ate do not preferable to a normal barbell if you want to get an actual full body workout. A trap bat is to a barbell deadlift aa squat machine is to a barbell squat. Ever wonder why trap bars aren't used in competition?

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

when I deadlifted 365 raw (no wraps or straps), I could do 405 with a trap bar. so that's pretty impressive still.

Local High School Star

Limp wristed *****

Trap Bar...

College superstar

I just lift in my living room, so super basic equipment. Bought the bench from Sears for $50.

I don't lift for strength, but I lift for functionality and fitness. And 12 years ago when I started lifting I never had a lifting partner or a spotter, and I still don't, so I've stayed away from the really heavy lifts like squats and bench.

Deadlift I wouldn't need a spotter, obviously, but I literally don't have enough weight OR a large enough bar to max out. I only have roughly 250 pounds of weight, and my largest bar can only hold 3 plates on each side.

But again, I'm fit and it's a functional fitness. Never cared about heavy lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    Trap Bar...
    Why do people post shit like this?

Clearly he is doing it for a reason. I've had a chance to train with some top tier bodybuilders here in Australia, and the variations of simple exercises they do is amazing.

Trap bar deadlift I'm sure is something that will add to his play on the court. It seems to imitate a hack squat or goblet type squat almost, so it is bound to hit the glutes and work for explosive moves around the basket.

I have a home gym setup with a trap bar and I love it. Takes up less room and I always have it loaded with weight ready to go.

It's a good workout but it's more of a squat/dead combo since the weight is centered like a squat and not in front like a dead.

As for easier vs harder...I can actually deadlift more than I can do with the trap bar but I also have a surgically repaired Achilles which makes squatting more difficult for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    Deadlifting is the only lifting Wilt does these days

First of all, with a trap bar, really?

Curry is thin but pretty muscular and has long limbs which help with deadlifting. 400 is just not impressive what-so-ever. Most average guys running a basic lifting program and eating well should expect to pull 400 in a year or so. I also have a very hard time believing someone like Iggy can't pull 400. He probably just never deadlifts. After a few workouts to get the form down, he'd be pulling 400 for reps easy.