Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-24-2008, 01:33 AM   #1
KokeAyne
High School Varsity 12th Man

KokeAyne has an OK reputation so far
Default Mavs stuck between a rock and a hard place

The Mavs made a trade for JKidd in the hopes of getting a chip this year, they knew he only has maybe 1-2 good seasons left in him and by taking him it was pretty much hit or miss. There was gonna be no next season. Unfortunately the trade has not worked out as planned and with Dirk going down its gonna be hard just to make the playoffs. Even if they make the playoffs more than likely with their recent play they probably were headed for an early exit anyway.

IMO the Mavs need to start rebuilding this off season. They had their chance but its gone now, its too late.

As crazy as it might sound to some people the best thing Dallas can do is KEEP AVERY JOHNSON as HC. Let him rebuild this team, the way he wants to. I believe this is the best option. Firing Avery and salvaging whats left of this team is not gonna get them anywhere.

This trade pretty much crippled the Mavs...they dont have a young pg to build around anymore and the way it looks I doubt anyone is going to want JKidd and his huge salary (which he is not earning right now).

The first thing they have to do is ship out Dampier and try to get rid of JKidd some way some how. If they can pull that off it will make it much easier and they will have some room to breathe and make some things happen. After that it comes down to Nowitzki. Im still on the fence but the best option is probably to trade him off at this point.

Im sure it will be alot easier to trade Nowitzki and maybe they can pack him up with Dampier/Kidd so it will be easier to get rid of them too. Obviously what they are looking for is some young talent and some draft picks or some expiring contracts to make cap space. And at this point they can only hope to end up in the lottery so they can keep their draft picks that they traded to NJ, those will be crucial if they are going to rebuild.

I guess it all depends what happens at the end of the season, maybe the Mavs will come back to life and make some noise in the playoffs, and if they do I will change my opinion.

Last edited by KokeAyne : 03-24-2008 at 02:07 AM.
KokeAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #2
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Mavs stuck between a rock and a hard place

You're just depressed. you'll get over it. Dallas will bounced back.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
KokeAyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
You're just depressed. you'll get over it. Dallas will bounced back.

Lol Im not depressed. Im a Kings fan but I support Dallas because I live close by.

The truth is Dallas was on the downslide this season and then the trade pretty much topped it off. I dont see them being able to fix what they broke with the trade this offseason. I really believe a re-build is the best way to go.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokeAyne
Lol Im not depressed. Im a Kings fan but I support Dallas because I live close by.

The truth is Dallas was on the downslide this season and then the trade pretty much topped it off. I dont see them being able to fix what they broke with the trade this offseason. I really believe a re-build is the best way to go.

I don't see it happening. How can a team go from being a contender to rebuilding. Dallas still has a chance.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #5
KokeAyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve franchise
I don't see it happening. How can a team go from being a contender to rebuilding. Dallas still has a chance.

I agree they still do have a chance, but with the West stronger than ever Im not sure its a very good chance at all.

What happens if they take that chance and they end up in the lottery next year? It wont be worth it, everyone would say they should have started re-building last year...

Every good thing comes to an end, sometimes its hard to notice, I believe this is one of those situations. Its all gonna depend on what Cuban thinks of it, if he thinks he can fix the situation with making some off-season trades and signing some free agents thats what he will do.

I guess its too early to call right now, let see what happens at the end of the season.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #6
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Before the injury I belived fire Avery.. but now I agree... blow it up. Trade Dirk and Kidd. Dump all the big contracts.. start over. and keep Avery in pergatory without a star.

This was probably Avery's plan.. he knew if he rode Dikr hard enough and long enough he'd breeak him.. mentally or physically.. turned out to be both.

I've never seen a player this good get ridden over by the "bus" more violently than this.. Avery just beat Dirk down like he was Mike tyson in his prime..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:31 AM   #7
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Before the injury I belived fire Avery.. but now I agree... blow it up. Trade Dirk and Kidd. Dump all the big contracts.. start over. and keep Avery in pergatory without a star.

This was probably Avery's plan.. he knew if he rode Dikr hard enough and long enough he'd breeak him.. mentally or physically.. turned out to be both.

I've never seen a player this good get ridden over by the "bus" more violently than this.. Avery just beat Dirk down like he was Mike tyson in his prime..

Your user title is dead on. Now it's the coach's fault Dirk injured himself on another player's foot? What's next, tasty foods are the reason you're overweight?

<3
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #8
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas

You Blame everything on the wrong guy. Every time Dallas loss in the playoffs, you blame it on Dirk's Teammates. Dirk is a great player, but he never have the Killer Instinct to take over crucial games in the 4th quarter.

By the way your boy Jason Kidd probably got his ass handed down to him, He is a coach Killer, and I hope he ends his career never winning an NBA Championship because of his $hitty attitude.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #9
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far

Mavs will go down in history as one of the great team to have never won a title. Kind of like the Sacramento Kings in 2000-2001. Their best chance to win was 2005 against he Heats, but they choked that one away.
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #10
marla07860
I hit open layups

marla07860 has an OK reputation so far

Nets are rebuilding or retooling prob, unles rod thorn is awesome and makes a good trade to get better next season, Dallas maybe has this season and next season to win a finals, but after that I say they prob won't be able too, I hope they make playoffs this year though we need the draft pick this year . Now tell cuban, if he fires Avery to not get a coach like byron scott, Jason might want to leave then unless he has grown into a man which I don't think he has
marla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: