Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Just imagine the Spurs roster with Kevin Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
    Spurs ball movement has already died. The reality is and we saw it vs the Thunder, Leonard and Aldridge are not good enough offensively to lead a team.
    They did fine offensively, actually for at least the first part of that series and were playing better in that area than Durant/Westbrook. OKC's role-players showed up and ours didn't. What I'm saying, though, we don't have to worry about OKC if we get Durant in the first place. And if you're banking on Leonard/Aldridge to outplay Curry/Klay and then our role-players to outplay Green and the rest of the Warrior role-players + possibly Durant... then I got some beach front property in Kansas I'm willing to sell you.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    They did fine offensively, actually for at least the first part of that series and were playing better in that area than Durant/Westbrook. OKC's role-players showed up and ours didn't. What I'm saying, though, we don't have to worry about OKC if we get Durant in the first place. And if you're banking on Leonard/Aldridge to outplay Curry/Klay and then our role-players to outplay Green and the rest of the Warrior role-players + possibly Durant... then I got some beach front property in Kansas I'm willing to sell you.

They did fine early in the series, because they were dominating the Thunder.

When the series and the games are close ask yourself have you ever seen Aldridge and Kawhi win it?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
    They did fine early in the series, because they were dominating the Thunder.

When the series and the games are close ask yourself have you ever seen Aldridge and Kawhi win it?
    And that's why we need someone like Durant. Conley/Noah aren't those guys. I'm not sure if we could win with Leonard/Aldridge as our 1 and 2 for the foreseeable future unless both improve drastically. A prime Duncan would fit perfectly with these two.

This is "collusion" and according to ISH you "don't join your primary rivals you beat them."

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    This is "collusion" and according to ISH you "don't join your primary rivals you beat them."
    You have to fight collusion with collusion. These boys too stacked outchere.

forreal though, KD has a team perfect enough to win a chip with

Honestly don't want Durant on the Spurs. I'm sure it could work but the fit isn't exactly perfect and the Spurs do not need him, especially if they get Conley and a center. I believe Conley and a Noah type center on the Spurs would be a better team than a Spurs team with Durant.

But didn't the Spurs nearly win 70 games themselves? And they already colluded when they got Aldridge, who to this day I don't understand why he doesn't get more hate for leaving "his team" to "join the enemy".

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Duncan=Spurs . Duncan is done and Spurs era is over .
    Spurs had the 2nd best recond in the NBA and Duncan rarely played.

If I were the Spurs I'd go after Noah or Mozgov for a big-man and go all out for Conley.

Noah
    Aldridge
    Leonard
    Green
    Conley

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    But didn't the Spurs nearly win 70 games themselves? And they already colluded when they got Aldridge, who to this day I don't understand why he doesn't get more hate for leaving "his team" to "join the enemy".
    Because not many people care about LMA and he isn't anywhere near as good as Lebron other all time greats...

You make it sound like people wouldn't flip their shit if Durant goes to the Warriors or Spurs.

They will. I almost hope it happens so you realize it's not just a "lebron" thing...it's an all time great player in his prime joining up with a loaded roster thing.

For what it is worth...Durant going to the Warriors would be way worse, in terms of joining a great situation, than what Lebron did.

The Warriors are already an all time great team....

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Blake is expendable.
    Not looking to get off topic with this thread being about Durant, but that's just silly.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Conley's my favorite player of all-time. Even though Grizz are my home team, their window is sealed shut. I'd love to see him on the Spurs. Perfect Parker replacement. Not as adamant as TP about getting his own, but he is level-headed and confident in the clutch whether driving to the paint or the shooting the 3.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

30/11/9/2.3/2.6 on 49%

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Because not many people care about LMA and he isn't anywhere near as good as Lebron other all time greats...

You make it sound like people wouldn't flip their shit if Durant goes to the Warriors or Spurs.

They will. I almost hope it happens so you realize it's not just a "lebron" thing...it's an all time great player in his prime joining up with a loaded roster thing.

For what it is worth...Durant going to the Warriors would be way worse, in terms of joining a great situation, than what Lebron did.

The Warriors are already an all time great team....
    LMA was on a roster that continually got to the playoffs and were an up and coming team. He also had a top 5 PG in Lillard. Also, he arguably made his conference less competitive. If Lebron left that to go sign with a clear conference foe, ISH would literally explode;

Why does LMA get a pass? If he is not as good as Lebron why is hell is getting 19.6 million a year and is already the 10th highest player in the first year of his contract? And if he is not an all-time great...maybe he should work harder and become one...sounds like a bunch of excuses to me...

Leave one team that was a contender...go to an arch rival...become the highest player on said roster...do not get criticize because "you're not Lebron."

Damn what a deal.