Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors (via Marc Stein)

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    probably not.. KD hasnt even agreed to meet with WAS.
    And why would he? They didn't even make the play offs. KD wants to win NOW. There's no guarantee he wins anything with them.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Re: Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors (via Marc Stein)

probably not.. KD hasnt even agreed to meet with WAS.
    it's still early. But he may not even need to be "sold" on Washington. His ex-HC is there (do they keep in touch?) and he's already familiar w/ the city, culture, family he has there, etc.

Plus for all we know, this NYC visit could have a small detour to his hometown w/ some Wiz brass and Wall there to meet him in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    And why would he? They didn't even make the play offs. KD wants to win NOW. There's no guarantee he wins anything with them.
    Yeah, like LeBron avoided joining the Cavs since they didn't make the playoffs...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Yeah, like LeBron avoided joining the Cavs since they didn't make the playoffs...
    They had Irving and assets to trade to build a great team around him. What do the Wizards have? Wall, Gortat and some injury prone guys that don't stay healthy? I don't see it. Durant wants to win... NOW. He isn't winning shit going to the Wizards. He'd just be LeBron's bitch every post season and then probably Irving's bitch until he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    They had Irving and assets to trade to build a great team around him. What do the Wizards have? Wall, Gortat and some injury prone guys that don't stay healthy? I don't see it. Durant wants to win... NOW. He isn't winning shit going to the Wizards. He'd just be LeBron's bitch every post season and then probably Irving's bitch until he retired.

See this is what I don't understand. If memory serves me the year Lebron signed back with the Cavs there were a lot of free agents including Melo, Wade, Bosh, Gasol, Gay, Randolph, and Parsons among others.

How come no other free agents saw "Irving and assets to trade to build a great team" but Lebron? Why was Lebron the only one to see what great potential Cleveland was?

Carmelo Anthony literally flew to every championship contending team. He basically flew over Cleveland multiple times to Chicago but never once stopped into the budding championship level Cleveland to see if he could fit there. Bosh never bothered to check in with Cleveland, neither did Wade, or Gasol, or Parsons...all of whom wanted to compete for rings...

Literally, the moment Lebron announced he was going to Cleveland suddenly it was like everyone's eyes became opened and saw all this potential with that roster.

Does Lebron have type of magical powers where he can see things that no other NBA player can?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    See this is what I don't understand. If memory serves me the year Lebron signed back with the Cavs there were a lot of free agents including Melo, Wade, Bosh, Gasol, Gay, Randolph, and Parsons among others.

How come no other free agents saw "Irving and assets to trade to build a great team" but Lebron? Why was Lebron the only one to see what great potential Cleveland was?

Carmelo Anthony literally flew to every championship contending team. He basically flew over Cleveland multiple times to Chicago but never once stopped into the budding championship level Cleveland to see if he could fit there. Bosh never bothered to check in with Cleveland, neither did Wade, or Gasol, or Parsons...all of whom wanted to compete for rings...

Literally, the moment Lebron announced he was going to Cleveland suddenly it was like everyone's eyes became opened and saw all this potential with that roster.

Does Lebron have type of magical powers where he can see things that no other NBA player can?
    Well, they also added Kevin Love. I don't think many people were all that high on that roster without a veteran all-star player like Love.

A lot of people did say it was a better roster going forward than the Heat with a declining Wade. I know I was in that camp.

I didn't like Waiters at all. Didn't like Thompson much either (so wrong about this)...

But I feel like you are missing the Love addition here. A huge draw to that team was the fact that they had the ability to move the pick and get an all nba caliber player in return.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Bron got danny boy to trade a number one pick for a 25+/10+ player in addition to young stud in kyrie.. rest of the roster being completely transformed since then as well. you still ommitting context and clownin I see.

Waiting for the meeting with the Heat and Riley throwing all his rings on the table. Same thing lured LeBron in.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Waiting for the meeting with the Heat and Riley throwing all his rings on the table. Same thing lured LeBron in.
    KD's not retarded.. he knows he aint winning anything with old wade, bynum 2.0, and a bunch of guys that cant shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Well, they also added Kevin Love. I don't think many people were all that high on that roster without a veteran all-star player like Love.

A lot of people did say it was a better roster going forward than the Heat with a declining Wade. I know I was in that camp.

I didn't like Waiters at all. Didn't like Thompson much either (so wrong about this)...

But I feel like you are missing the Love addition here. A huge draw to that team was the fact that they had the ability to move the pick and get an all nba caliber player in return.
    Okay, I guess that makes sense but if Cleveland already had a better roster than Miami (the 4 time Eastern Conference Champs) why the hell didn't Melo or Bosh or Gasol run to that team? Literally, no one, of note anyway, visited Cleveland.

I agree, some people may not have been as high on that roster prior to Love but the moment Lebron's letter came out people were saying Irving, Thompson, Waiters, and Wiggins were a stacked team.

And beyond that why didn't Melo (or Bosh or Wade or Gasol) just sign with the Cavs and then get a veteran all-star like Love too?

I'm not trying to be dense but I find it odd that suddenly Cleveland was this obviously budding championship roster and nobody in the NBA apparently saw this but Lebron...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Okay, I guess that makes sense but if Cleveland already had a better roster than Miami (the 4 time Eastern Conference Champs) why the hell didn't Melo or Bosh or Gasol run to that team? Literally, no one, of note anyway, visited Cleveland.

I agree, some people may not have been as high on that roster prior to Love but the moment Lebron's letter came out people were saying Irving, Thompson, Waiters, and Wiggins were a stacked team.

And beyond that why didn't Melo (or Bosh or Wade or Gasol) just sign with the Cavs and then get a veteran all-star like Love too?

I'm not trying to be dense but I find it odd that suddenly Cleveland was this obviously budding championship roster and nobody in the NBA apparently saw this but Lebron...
    I don't mean to be rude to the city of Cleveland, but your answer is simple. I actually like Cleveland....had one of the best steaks of my life at a spot there years ago (can't remember the name of the place though)...but I'm not a 25 year old worth 100 million.

Young and rich pro sports athletes, on the average, don't want to live in Cleveland when they can go play in LA, NY, Miami...etc.

I get your point, but I don't think that is the reason. Plenty of people would look at a team with Waiters, Irving, Love, and Thompson and think it had the makings of something really good.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 06-25-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Warriors would suck competition wise, and be bad for him, individually (his play/burden drops)...

Spurs is kind of similar, but Id still prefer that over GSW. Would also be weird as hell and silly though.

Miami is a bad match, wont make him any better, would be fun though, following Bron's path...

but what makes sense is OKC, or BOS, that'd would be right.

I think for the good of the league, he should stay at OKC. If Spurs or GSW get him, they will be practically impossible to beat.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I'm rooting for OKC, GSW, and Boston. ...just not sure which order...

And I suppose still rooting for Wiz, though I know it's pretty much out of the question. That dark horse Boston, though. Watch out...

Durant most probably staying, even if that's just for one year, if he doesn't then I'd want him to go to Boston or Heat.