Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Cool The HEAT played themselves (cap related)

After giving Dragic and Bosh max deals, Now they have to decide wither to play Wade (near max money), and/or Whiteside(max deal). I believe Dang is due for a raise as well.

Rambling of getting Durant or Bron returning are out of the question.

http://www.hothothoops.com/2016/6/14...ts-free-agency

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: The HEAT played themselves (cap related)

Yes, because the Heat foresaw Bosh developing a bloodclot condition when they signed him to that deal.

OP is a fa99ot

The Heat will be able to finesse re-signing Whiteside, Wade, and Deng...that's fine by me.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Yes, because the Heat foresaw Bosh developing a bloodclot condition when they signed him to that deal.

OP is a fa99ot

The Heat will be able to finesse re-signing Whiteside, Wade, and Deng...that's fine by me.

I was just pointing out their cap situation which isn't looking good. I went through the same thing with the Nets a few seasons ago. There's No need to be hostel man.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy

I was just pointing out their cap situation which isn't looking good. I went through the same thing with the Nets a few seasons ago. There's No need to be hostel man.
    Hopefully we get a exception for Bosh to be taken off the cap. If he didn't come back when he says he was healthy and cleared by his own doctor why would it change next season?Heat don't want him dropping dead playing or having any blood on there hands for letting him play.

I love him on our team but he's probably gonna have to retire,no teams gonna take that chance.

Very good NBA starter

After giving Dragic and Bosh max deals, Now they have to decide wither to play Wade (near max money), and/or Whiteside(max deal). I believe Dang is due for a raise as well.

Rambling of getting Durant or Bron returning are out of the question.

http://www.hothothoops.com/2016/6/14...ts-free-agency
    It's going to be hard to turn down a 26 year old legit 7 footer who makes free throws and can finish.

Wade has done so much, you have to give him the extension.

MIA reminds me of the Boston Celtics right after Toine left. Playoff team but no sign of a championship or rebuilding parts. Weird situation.

Jordan Stopper

umm.. noone forced them to pay Bosh $118M

Especially after Bosh basically went 3 postseasons averaging 12/7

There's a decent chance they have the same opening night lineup as this year, depending of course on Bosh's health. If Bosh ends up retiring, Riley may try to move Dragic and free up more room for the summer of 2017. The primary goal is locking down Whiteside. Wade will obviously sign, and his max contract this season was essentially part of a front-loaded 3-4 year deal. That should keep his next contract somewhat cap-friendly.

It's always tough to build a legit title contender. In any given season there's maybe 4-5 in the entire league, if that. The Heat might be in a position where, barring the acquisition of a premier player, they are in that second tier for the near future. Solid playoff team, possible conference contender, but not a realistic championship team. I'll say this though, Riley is getting older and he wants to win again before he retires. There might be one more big splash left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    umm.. noone forced them to pay Bosh $118M

Especially after Bosh basically went 3 postseasons averaging 12/7
    Bosh was a third option, not to mention playing out of position. You're not putting up big numbers in that situation. Since returning to a larger role his numbers have been max contract level (21/7 on 49%, 20+ PER, elite PnR defense). Of course in retrospect it looks like a bad contract but nobody could have predicted his health problems.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Bosh was a third option, not to mention playing out of position. You're not putting up big numbers in that situation. Since returning to a larger role his numbers have been max contract level (21/7 on 49%, 20+ PER, elite PnR defense). Of course in retrospect it looks like a bad contract but nobody could have predicted his health problems.
    Umm.. Miami could have easily offered Bosh $80-$90M and Bosh still would have resigned

Noone forced them to pay $30M more

NBA rookie of the year

Umm.. Miami could have easily offered Bosh $80-$90M and Bosh still would have resigned

What's it to you? Go punch in. The floors need mopped.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    What's it to you? Go punch in. The floors need mopped.
    Upset, baby boy?

Not my fault you have a dumbass as a GM in Riley

Secure a deal with Whiteside and then go hard into the cap with Wade's bird years deal.
    Gonna pay tax, but that's the only way to keep them both happy

Your headline insinuates negativity and that the Heat are at fault for big mistakes..

Upset, baby boy?

Not my fault you have a dumbass as a GM in Riley

Riley is the architect of 3 NBA championship teams in the last 10 years. It's safe to say he knows what he's doing. Bosh was paid his market value. He was getting a max or near max deal wherever he signed. You're also not going to lowball a 9x all-star who just helped you win 2 titles. Every GM in the league would have given him the same deal in the same situation. Again, the contract in and of itself isn't the issue.

Get your facts straight, Houston offered Bosh 4 years $88m and he almost took it. They even traded Lin and a pick to open the space.

Miami came in with the extra year.

you DOLT.