Default Most underrated playoff/Finals game

Game 5 of the 2005 NBA Finals has to be a contender for this. So closely contested throughout. Real impressive DET almost beat the '04 Lakers and the early-form Big 3 Spurs back-to-back like that. Sheed be like "I'll take care of that real quick".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjPgAQQst7U

Big Shot Bob was scoreless until the last second of the 3rd quarter when he began a 21-point point explosion in what I think was his most ice-cold assassin full performance overall considering the context of the situation.

I rooted so hard for those mid-'00s Pistons teams and I still cannot believe how all-time stupid this Sheed trap really was... there was no need to take that gamble and just leaving Horry of all people after the inbound, and I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a bigger mental mistake in a game that huge.

Great game between historically good defensive teams though, I feel like the series itself could have been one of the best if that actually led to more competitive individual games though.

Default Re: Most underrated playoff/Finals game

pacers-lakers 00 game 6 was honestly pretty damn entertaining to watch since the Pacers came out on fire. Ofc, more people remember game 4 for kobe's clutch performance but not sure that was "underrated".

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    pacers-lakers 00 game 6 was honestly pretty damn entertaining to watch since the Pacers came out on fire. Ofc, more people remember game 4 for kobe's clutch performance but not sure that was "underrated".
    Agreed. Yet another pivotal win from the Shaq/Kobe Lakers that they went into the 4th quarter trailing. That came really close to a Game 7.

Against my Nets in 2002 Reggie and company really pushed us to the brink as the 8th seed (Game 5 being a 2OT classic) and I can't help thinking the fact that the upset almost happened there had a lot to do with the decision to do away with 5-game series altogether. It's a decent idea in theory to add some intrigue to the first round, but meh... it's better the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    Agreed. Yet another pivotal win from the Shaq/Kobe Lakers that they went into the 4th quarter trailing. That came really close to a Game 7.

Against my Nets in 2002 Reggie and company really pushed us to the brink as the 8th seed (Game 5 being a 2OT classic) and I can't help thinking the fact that the upset almost happened there had a lot to do with the decision to do away with 5-game series altogether. It's a decent idea in theory to add some intrigue to the first round, but meh... it's better the way it is now.
    speaking of the Nets, wat about Celtics vs Nets game 3 that year. Not sure if it's underrated but it's a pretty fantastic comeback. The East may have had bad top tier teams back then but can't say they weren't closely bunched.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    speaking of the Nets, wat about Celtics vs Nets game 3 that year. Not sure if it's underrated but it's a pretty fantastic comeback. The East may have had bad top tier teams back then but can't say they weren't closely bunched.
    I think a lot of Nets games are underrated because we're the Nets. But that was an incredible comeback by Boston, my wall almost got a hole that day.

2004 semis Game 5 triple-overtime thriller was one of the greatest games I've ever seen, which of course was the White Mamba's true coming out party when he established himself as near Jordan level. And a lot of people forget that we pushed the championship Pistons to the brink going up 3-2. You can tell they took us kind of lightly and we made them earn every bit of that series.

The Jason Kidd Nets were unbelievably fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    I think a lot of Nets games are underrated because we're the Nets. But that was an incredible comeback by Boston, my wall almost got a hole that day.

2004 semis Game 5 triple-overtime thriller was one of the greatest games I've ever seen, which of course was the White Mamba's true coming out party when he established himself as near Jordan level. And a lot of people forget that we pushed the championship Pistons to the brink going up 3-2. You can tell they took us kind of lightly and we made them earn every bit of that series.

The Jason Kidd Nets were unbelievably fun to watch.
    haha yep, ugly to watch imo but always in close game. Even 03 vs the Spurs were all close games. Feel bad forgetting chauncey's half court shot and white mamba putting up the GOAT playoff performance however.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

I am biased but Game 2 of the 2011 Finals was pretty spectacular. Down 15 with like 5 minutes left. LeBron punching Wade as he walked to the bench. And had the Mavs not won that game... the series was over. (The Mavs lost Game 3)....

And the way they won Game 2 was incredible.