Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Antony Bennett's highlights today

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Nerlens Noel. Or trade down.

Not only is he the best player in the draft, but he will be missing the majority of the year as well. This doesn't bother me because if I'm not a contender I want to be a player in the 2014 NBA Draft so I don't mind sucking this year.

Cleveland thought they got a center with Bynum(LOL), and now they put all their eggs in the basket for the 2014 with below average free agent signings. They are now looking at a probable season as the 8th seed and getting swept by the Heat.

With an average draft pick, the impending max contract for their overrated point guard, and no cap room Cleveland is going to find themselves as a perenniel 8th seed. Amazing how a franchise that's gotten 3 #1 overall picks in the last decade have still managed to **** things up.
    Noel

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Andrew Nicholson was defending him on many of those plays. He is anything but a "camp invitee scrub." Buy a clue, guys.
    People will believe what they want. There were a number of teams him and Nicholson were literally battling for position on the block.

The word after the draft was the most serious deal the Cavs were ever offered was done by Charlotte and it's because they wanted Anthony Bennett.

Everyone just assumes that the "insiders" have it right and because a guy that wasn't "projected" to go No. 1 ends up being the first guy off the board, that they could have traded down and still got him.

The consensus guys in the conversation for the No. 1 pick were Noel, Len and McLemore. Not only did the Cavs not take any of those three, none of them even went in the Top 4.

So, why is it so obvious that if the Cavs traded down, they still get the guy they wanted? What GMs think and what the media thinks often vary greatly, which was never more obvious than in this draft... Not just with the top pick, but all the way through.

There are some really horrendous takes in this thread. Not even worth responding to, honestly.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

The word after the draft was the most serious deal the Cavs were ever offered was done by Charlotte and it's because they wanted Anthony Bennett.

Everyone just assumes that the "insiders" have it right and because a guy that wasn't "projected" to go No. 1 ends up being the first guy off the board, that they could have traded down and still got him.

The consensus guys in the conversation for the No. 1 pick were Noel, Len and McLemore. Not only did the Cavs not take any of those three, none of them even went in the Top 4.

So, why is it so obvious that if the Cavs traded down, they still get the guy they wanted? What GMs think and what the media thinks often vary greatly, which was never more obvious than in this draft... Not just with the top pick, but all the way through.

There are some really horrendous takes in this thread. Not even worth responding to, honestly.

what do you think of Kyrie saying he knew Cavs were taking Bennett a week prior to it happening? I like that rumor a lot better than the one that said the cavs were torn between Bennett and Mclemore up until 30 mins before the draft.

Anyways i'm pretty happy with the pick. Bennet is an incredible physical specimen that has skills. He has his flaws, but so does Noel, McLemore, Dipo, etc.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    what do you think of Kyrie saying he knew Cavs were taking Bennett a week prior to it happening? I like that rumor a lot better than the one that said the cavs were torn between Bennett and Mclemore up until 30 mins before the draft.

Anyways i'm pretty happy with the pick. Bennet is an incredible physical specimen that has skills. He has his flaws, but so does Noel, McLemore, Dipo, etc.
    I don't know what to think on the Kyrie one. I'd like to believe it's true.

As for the McLemore rumor, I hope to god that isn't true... He was my biggest fear in the draft. That pick would have made absolutely no sense to me.

His jumper is good but he looks fat.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    His jumper is good but he looks fat.
    Like others have said, he was injured the whole summer so he didn't have the ability to get in basketball shape.

fatty's got some moves

NBA Superstar

The guy is going to be awesome. The hate is unrealistically vitriolic at this point which is a sign that the kid is moving the meter.

Here is a more likely reality of this draft down the road (not wishing anyone bad things, just prognosticating).

Bennett WILL be the best player.
    Porter will struggle to be a rotation guy
    Noel will struggle with injuries
    Oladipo will be a nice piece
    McLemore will be a shooter quick offense guy
    Len will never play too many meaningful minutes

Based on common sense, Oladipo and Bennett were the only real choices at number 1.

NBA sixth man of the year

Not gonna lie, shades of the Black Mamba in his game there. Nice footwork to create those jumpshots under pressure. Although I said the same thing about Marshon Brooks in the past.