Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Best fade away shooter.....

Quote Originally Posted by f0und
    kobe's fadeaway isnt reliable, in that he doesnt shoot it at a high pct, therefore, he cant have the best.
    what

Quote Originally Posted by f0und
    kobe's fadeaway isnt reliable, in that he doesnt shoot it at a high pct, therefore, he cant have the best.
    lol what percentage do you think MJ shoots his fadeaway at? i bet you probably think something around 70 or 80

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    MJ's by far, surprised some people think Dirk's is considered above. For anyone with a somewhat functioning brain, the list goes:

1. MJ
    2/3. Kobe/Dirk
    4. Paul Pierce
    I hate when these ****tards say these type of things. Just because some people dont share the same views as you, means their wrong, and retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    That shot was absurd. I was at that game and the camera doesn't do it justice. Sooooo much high arc.

Decent playground baller

granted, kobe takes a lot of unnecessary shots, but to say dirk is more effective, uh... not by much.

dirk is a career 47.4, kobe is at 45.4 shooter if you want to look at numbers. 2% isn't even that much of a difference if you think about the amount of shots both put up.

if you both players on average, takes 20 shots per game. one makes 10 and one makes 9. that's actually a 5 percent difference. think about that, 10-20 or 9-20 really doesn't tell me one shooter is SO MUCH better than the other.

and just to be fair, Ray Allen who most people have to consider as one of the best shooter in the game, he is a career 45% shooter which is same as Kobe.

as far as this thread is concern, MJ is much better at creating separation on this fadeaways, so it looks more graceful. Kobe is more about creating space with footwork but dude just shoots it no matter if the hand is literally next to his face, or if 3 players are guarding him.

Saw a basketball once 50_40_90_'s Avatar

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by okayabc123
    dirk is a career 47.4, kobe is at 45.4 shooter if you want to look at numbers. 2% isn't even that much of a difference if you think about the amount of shots both put up.
    The best way to compare the efficiency of fadeaway jumpshots is to compare the efficiency of 2pt jumpshots.

Dirk's best 2pt jumpshot % seasons (RS + PS):
    49.5 (10-11)
    48.6 (06-07)
    48.4 (07-08)
    47.8 (08-09)
    47.2 (12-13)

Kobe's best seasons:
    45.5 (09-10)
    44.6 (10-11)
    44.5 (06-07)
    44.0 (08-09)

Durant:
    46.6 (11-12)
    45.6 (12-13)

source: basketball-reference.com

Quote Originally Posted by eklip
    The best way to compare the efficiency of fadeaway jumpshots is to compare the efficiency of 2pt jumpshots.

Dirk's best 2pt jumpshot % seasons (RS + PS):
    49.5 (10-11)
    48.6 (06-07)
    48.4 (07-08)
    47.8 (08-09)
    47.2 (12-13)

Kobe's best seasons:
    45.5 (09-10)
    44.6 (10-11)
    44.5 (06-07)
    44.0 (08-09)

Durant:
    46.6 (11-12)
    45.6 (12-13)

source: basketball-reference.com
    Stop posting stats, Kobe stans will accuse you of not using your eyes to judge who's better.

Best ever: MJ
    Current: Kobe, Carmelo, Durant

Banned

Like I said, Kobe is the best in my humble opinion in regards to the fade away shot. His fades are just too versatile. He can do it with more range, as shown by the videos I posted.

Dirk, another good fade away shooter, only does it in close range and uses his height to exploit a defender. Does his height factor in this case? No. I like his fades and have him over MJ.

MJ, on the other hand, has a very effective fade but that's only within 15 feet. His fade's versatility doesn't stand up against Kobe's.
    Last edited by 9erempiree; 10-11-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Stop posting stats, Kobe stans will accuse you of not using your eyes to judge who's better.
    How do these numbers prove that Kobe is not the best fade away shooter?

These numbers express 2pt FG% and by no means breakdown their fade "only" shots.

There is no correlation between fades and 2pt FG% unless these stats refer to fade only shots. Which I doubt.

Truth=10 time all-star Duranthebest's Avatar

Jordan, easily. /thread

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    There is no correlation between fades and 2pt FG% unless these stats refer to fade only shots.
    Yes there is a correlation you f*cking idiot. 2pt FG% includes 2pt fadeaways. Wow, that was hard, right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Yes there is a correlation you f*cking idiot. 2pt FG% includes 2pt fadeaways. Wow, that was hard, right?

You are not very smart. You have possible prenatal drug expsoure (PDE) or your reading comprehension is bad due to being moved from school to school by your mother.

Anyways, there is no correlation because those stats he posted were 2pt FG%, should we count a layup as a fade away shot now?

Too easy.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

You are not very smart. You have possible prenatal drug expsoure (PDE) or your reading comprehension is bad due to being moved from school to school by your mother.

Anyways, there is no correlation because those stats he posted were 2pt FG%, should we count a layup as a fade away shot now?

Too easy.

Looks like not every fat asian virgin is good at maths. Some just love Kobe...

2pt fadeways are a subset of 2pt shots. So...yeah, the data correlates in some way by default, dumbass.

Looking purely at 2pt FG% is not the way to go, I agree. But not for your brain dead reason.