Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe: I didnt appreciate Shaq until I played with Dwight

Every team Dwight has been on the last 8 years or so has been pretty good and he led one of them to the finals. He's an eight or nine time All Star and all NBA NBA player....I believe a three-time Defensive Player of the Year and he's going to the Hall of Fame.

He just did 16/14 in a wcf run. He had 18/19 and 4 blocks to help closeout the Mavs. He had 20/15, 20/21, and 16/15 in the last 3 games to beat the Clippers, and had a solid series versus the Warriors.

Dwight's doing quite well. it doesn't seem he's been a hindrance to anyone he's ever played with but Kobe assuming that's what's being implied here.

Page 3 and no Garnett gif?

Banned

Trying to have a legit conversation in threads like these are impossible.

I don't wanna bother to recreate this thread for the benefit of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Page 3 and no Garnett gif?
    Amazing isn't it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia

Kobe is a moron. The king of hindsight and confession.

He'll cry like a bitch in the presser for his rape scandal... talk shit about old teammates because he's bitter he couldn't make it work... talk about the past as if he has all the answers now, when in reality he's as much of a phony moron as ever...

It's all about Kobe, all the time...

I wish someone would just say to his face how pathetically inadequate he is ... as a man, a husband, and even a teammate.
    I agree. Calls himself best player in the world and says his team ran out of talent after losing. If I was one of his teammates I would just say to his face how pathetically inadequate he is.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Laker Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Every team Dwight has been on the last 8 years or so has been pretty good and he led one of them to the finals. He's an eight or nine time All Star and all NBA NBA player....I believe a three-time Defensive Player of the Year and he's going to the Hall of Fame.
    It's an as-compared-to comparison. The above looks respectable for a center until you consider how it looks compared to what Kobe's quote (if it's genuine) is referring to - one of the top 5 centers in the history of the game.

He just did 16/14 in a wcf run. He had 18/19 and 4 blocks to help closeout the Mavs. He had 20/15, 20/21, and 16/15 in the last 3 games to beat the Clippers, and had a solid series versus the Warriors.
    That's...respectable but nothing to faint about, especially as compared to a guy who was churning out 27-28/11-12 seasons like nothing and had 3 playoff runs of 30+ppg and 10+ boards (two of those being 15+ boards).

[/QUOTE]Dwight's doing quite well. it doesn't seem he's been a hindrance to anyone he's ever played with but Kobe assuming that's what's being implied here.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on what you expect from a center, and it seems to me Kobe's saying less "I was hindered by Dwight" and more "I am used to more from a center," which, of course, given who he played most of his career with. Lakers Dwight was not anywhere peak Dwight, and peak Dwight is nowhere near Shaq.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lol, so basically nothing Kblaze posted about Dwight is impressive because he didn't match the MDE at his peak. Dat logic
    Hey, look at his name

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalent
    Lol, so basically nothing Kblaze posted about Dwight is impressive because he didn't match the MDE at his peak. Dat logic
    That's the point though, or at least what Kobe is conveying.

Bean didn't "appreciate" MDE until bizarro came to town, a guy mostly touted for his defense.

so much butt-hurt in this thread. Why have all the Lebron stans gone full meltdown since the finals?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    that's funny because prime shaq was appreciated by like... everyone in the world, especially opposing players and coaches. anyone who played with or against him knew what's up. but not kobe.
    Sort of like everyone on Inside the NBA loved Shaq until they had to work with him.

kobe himself admits that Shaq was a better teammate in terms of being the balm and comforting teammates when he felt like they were in need.. Kobe was more of the tough-love teammate that leads by example while Shaq provided the comedic relief and would comfort the entire team in certain situations.

For example Phil Jackson commented that Shaq would always be the first one to laugh or crack jokes in the finals during their three-peat years and would even provide humor/comfort to the zen master himself.

I think Kobe didn't appreciate this quality until it was too late unfortunately, however both of them did win three titles together so it's still a little weird that they don't get along.

he didnt say that, somebody just made up the quote, and nobody actually listened to the podcast

Kobe one year from now:

"I didn't appreciate Dwight until I played with Roy"...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Kobe one year from now:

"I didn't appreciate Dwight until I played with Roy"...
    And you:

"I didnt appreciate McDonald's until I worked at Taco bell"

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    Calm down little boy let the adults talk here
    tell us all about being an illiterate insecure little cun t