Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Are we sure he got that off in time?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Are we sure he got that off in time?
    yes

http://youtu.be/XJOTrmNpT6I

there's no slo-mo there, but they had it on the broadcast, he definitely did.

I know they more or less pulled this one outta their ass but they still were in a position to do it w/o Clarke. I really think Stevens is the best coach in college basketball.

Stevens has MJ's secret stuff. No Rotnei Clarke and still pull off the upset.

man great win by MSU against a tough defence in Ohio State. If it wasn't for Deshaun Thomas it would've been a blowout, but the guy torched us, destroyed any player we threw at him. Probably some cause for concern defensively but I'll take the win. Should move up in next weeks rankings too.

6-0 to start the year, but now, we aren't even going to make the Big West Tournament? Pathetic

I just got back from the hoop hall classic. I got to see Andrew Wiggins play. He looks good but I'm not sure about best in his class. Sadly I have to work tomorrow so i can't make the drive up to see Jabari play though I saw him walking around at one point. I also met Aaron Gordon lol

sick dunk from carter-williams

A bit off-topic (as it doesn't pertain to this season) but UNC just got a a verbal commit from 2014 5-star PG Joel Berry. He was at the UNC/Maryland game on Saturday. Must've been sold because he didn't waste any time committing.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=5541374
    Last edited by KG215; 01-21-2013 at 08:00 PM.

He's the guy we needed badly.

Felton-type recruit in so many ways. Actually the best comparison is to dookie Jay Williams. Not say he's as good as Jay was, but their games are almost identical from the way they dribble, to the way they finish around the rim, to the style of basketball they play at the PG positions. Berry is shorter, tho. He might be stronger, however. He was being recruited to play safety in college.

I don't like dookies, but I will take a NPOY, National Championship winner, #2 pick. Plus he wanted to be a Tar Heel if Guth didn't **** up. That might have been the biggest miss in UNC history, considering what he accomplished for the program down the road and how bad UNC was during those years.

The big question remains: What about Nate Britt?

I know he's tumbled down the rankings. That doesn't mean he wants to suddenly be a back up for his entire college career.

lol @ wolpfack losing to Wake.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 01-22-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    He's the guy we needed badly.

Felton-type recruit in so many ways. Actually the best comparison is to dookie Jay Williams. Not say he's as good as Jay was, but their games are almost identical from the way they dribble, to the way they finish around the rim, to the style of basketball they play at the PG positions. Berry is shorter, tho. He might be stronger, however. He was being recruited to play safety in college.

I don't like dookies, but I will take a NPOY, National Championship winner, #2 pick. Plus he wanted to be a Tar Heel if Guth didn't **** up. That might have been the biggest miss in UNC history, considering what he accomplished for the program down the road and how bad UNC was during those years.

The big question remains: What about Nate Britt?

I know he's tumbled down the rankings. That doesn't mean he wants to suddenly be a back up for his entire college career.

lol @ wolpfack losing to Wake.
    After the injury problems, Kendall bolting at least one year sooner than he though, and Sharon Drew transferring to UCLA, I think Roy is just making sure he's never in a situation again where his only PG's are a 155 pound freshman and Dexter "I can't make anything other than layups" Strickland. If you remember his Kansas days, he liked to start and play a two PG lineup a lot. Like two legit PG's which we'll have three of by the time Berry gets here; four I guess if you count White (is he coming back?). I think Paige and probably Britt can play off the ball some. I just hope Justin Jackson commits soon, and we get Vaughn so we'll have some bigger wings on the perimeter who can actually shoot; because Reggie and P.J. both will be gone by 2014-2015. UNC is going to be in a world of hurt if they have four PG's and J.P. Tokoto as the only perimeter players on the roster. We need a 6'5"+ wing or two that can shoot.

Sure it's great from the UNC side of things. More PGs the better.

Not so great for Britt...

And while it's great running with two PGs on offense, those very same 6-something, 160 lb PGs will have to learn to defend college 2-guards. Paige and Britt aren't combo guards. Not with their lack of strength and small size. Britt's not a particularly good shooter. Paige probably will become one since he was prolific in high school, but it hasn't translated that well right now.

Is the KU two PG lineup you are referring to Miles and Hinrich on that team that should have won the championship? Hinrich is so much a combo that he ended up being one in the NBA too.

I'd buy the two PG lineup if one of the three PGs had the size and athelticsm of Felton or McInnis. Unfortunately one is 6 feet 175 lbs, the other is 6-1 170 lbs, and the other is 6-1. Although Berry is kind of strong.

Just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see Britt transfer before his junior season once he sees the rotations with Berry in the lineup.

On another note: Kentucky drops another

No, I agree, it's not ideal with how small Paige, Britt, and Berry are. It's just something to think about and similar to what Roy has done in the past. Maybe "always" was the wrong way to put it, but yes, the Miles and Hinrich team. Seems like he had another team like that in the 90's, but one of the PG's might've been more of a combo-guard. We've seen him attempt something similar at UNC with Lawson/Frasor and now Paige/Strickland at times. Obviously Lawson/Frasor was never the most effective or best backcourt option, and Paige/Strickland would be a homeless man's version of both Hinrich/Miles and Lawson/Frasor; but I think in his mind, Roy believes you can never have too many PG's.

I do wish one of the three was at least 6'2" 185 or so. It will be really intriguing to see how he manages the minutes in 2014-2015 with a JR Paige, SO Britt, and FR Berry. Britt may be the odd man out if Berry lives up to his potential. From what I've read/seen/heard he's got the most upside and talent out of the three, and by a pretty good margin.

Calipari is getting exposed as an actual coach right now. He can hide behind the SEC wall in terms of recruiting violations but star power doesn't always get it done.

Ummm...Miami is on a 25-1 run against Duke right now, and they have a 38-15 lead with 2 minutes to go in the first half.

NBA rookie of the year

Miami is crushing Duke.