Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Myth: a 7 footer will win everyone in a 1 on 1 match.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Beat, not win.
    [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]You "beat" me to it.

Spell&Grammar[/FONT]
    [/COLOR]

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Post a vid of you hooping so.we.know.if.your words.hold weight or not. how big are you that you can not.get dominated by a huge mofo like that?
    I do not really have an agenda or a horse in this race here, and while I've posted footage of myself playing before, I'm not sure if I wish to do so with regularity.

I'm 6'3'' and as stated, he essentially takes me almost wherever he wants in the post, even though he's in his 40's. The best I can do is offer some resistance (making him work and use force to get the position he pleases) and then do my best to contest his shot or make him take it from a spot slightly different than what he desires.

If his hook shot is absolutely money that day, I have little answer. But I'm not sure that's ever happened. Even the good looks he gets aren't automatic if I'm able to contest (even if I have no chance of actually blocking).

I actually think I've been burnt more by his outside shot than his cumulative work inside, which is stupid on my part because there's no reason to not guard him tight on the perimeter, since he's not going anywhere. Just tend to forget from time to time that his range in unlimited.

I think fatigue is important in this matter as well. As rare as it is, I've sometimes been guarded by severely undersized defenders that I decided to just post up time and time again for what appears to be easy jump hooks. But I'll be honest, if I'm posting against a 5'10'' bowling ball of a dude with some solid core strength, I usually can get the shot I want inside, but if he's pushing and making me work, it honestly might be more tiring for me than attacking a defense from the perimeter.

I've experienced that while being the undersized defender as well. A lot of this changes if we're talking about NBA-level guys playing NBA-level guys, but amongst normal folk, cumulative fatigue is a big deal. Eventually, if getting easy baskets takes hard work, people begin settling.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    well baby shaq repeated, so i think the real shaq would win them all
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    This is because every good 7 footer is in the NBA. The 7 footers participating in these tourneys would be beyond bad.
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.