Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: I'm done with the Bulls if they fire Thibs.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    if that's what matters, then meet your new 2014-2015 Head Coach of the Chicago Bulls
    The added bonus of hiring him is you save money on the video guy because ain't no one cutting video better than coach Brown.

Diaw Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PieceOfFelt
    They were an overachieving regular season team last year that was extremely limited on offense. They managed to somehow get the fourth seed where they played the 5th seeded Wizards that were considerably more talented on offense. I don't think that was an upset at all. I don't think the Bulls should have been the 4th seed. If Thibodeau wasn't coaching the shit out of that team and getting every ounce of talent out of his players then they probably would have been the 7th or 8th seed and been demolished by one of the top teams... or they would have missed the playoffs all together.
    That's so sick bro. How are Noah and Deng doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    That's so sick bro. How are Noah and Deng doing?
    Injured ...

D. Rose recovering from Thibs facilitated ACL tear, and subsequent knee injuries.

Oh, and it's January, where he's already worn out Jimmy Butler. Who up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago was having an outstanding year.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    This is the Hawks first relevant year in god knows how long.

They still haven't proven if they can take this form into the playoffs and make the finals.

Atlanta fans on here are so cocky and stupid.
    Chicago hasn't made the finals either.

I know you will tell me that Rose hasn't been healthy, but they didn't make it that far when he was healthy.

The fact is... Chicago hasn't done much more than the Hawks since Thibs has been the head coach. They got out of the 2nd round once. Big deal.

That's with the roster turnover, the ownership stuff and all of that crap.

It's amazing how Chicago and Washington get so much hype when they haven't done anything major either.
    Last edited by Hotlantadude81; 01-26-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I know you will tell me that Rose hasn't been healthy, but they didn't make it that far when he was healthy.
    How is being in the final 4 teams standing not making it that far?

If it were easy to make the conference finals I suspect the Hawks would have done it in the last 50 years. Teams go 20-30 years without making it that far. Wizards...what? 35 years? Hornets/pelicans...27 years? Warriors...40 years or so. Clippers? 45ish.

Its hardly a walk in the park to get to the last 4 standing.

Its not as impressive as making the finals...but children are born, grow up, and have their own children grow up and have kids...without seeing their team do it.

The Hawks have been showing clips from when they almost made it out of the second round and Bird didnt allow it for damn near 30 years now....

There are guys all over the HOF who never even played a conference finals game before they were role players. Some who never played one period.

Thibs got his team there the one season they had their franchise player on the floor.

That team won 62 games...the best record in the NBA...with Noah and Boozer missing a combined 55-60 games. To do that and then have more playoff success than some grand parents have ever seen their team have is at least...a little impressive.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

If it were easy to make the conference finals I suspect the Hawks would have done it in the last 50 years. Teams go 20-30 years without making it that far. Wizards...what? 35 years? Hornets/pelicans...27 years? Warriors...40 years or so. Clippers? 45ish.

Its hardly a walk in the park to get to the last 4 standing.

Its not as impressive as making the finals...but children are born, grow up, and have their own children grow up and have kids...without seeing their team do it.

The Hawks have been showing clips from when they almost made it out of the second round and Bird didnt allow it for damn near 30 years now....

There are guys all over the HOF who never even played a conference finals game before they were role players. Some who never played one period.

Thibs got his team there the one season they had their franchise player on the floor.

That team won 62 games...the best record in the NBA...with Noah and Boozer missing a combined 55-60 games. To do that and then have more playoff success than some grand parents have ever seen their team have is at least...a little impressive.
    They made it to the 3rd round once. This will be the Hawks 8th or 9th year in a row of making the playoffs. That's despite having poorly coached teams and endless turmoil and all of that. It's not like Chicago has been a dominating team or anything. Chicago's run the last decade really hasn't been that much more impressive overall.

As for injuries...

When a player gets hurt over and over again it has to stop being an excuse at some point. You have the player that you have. A talented but injury prone player. I don't really use Horford's injury as an excuse because when a player misses basically 2 seasons in 3 years you start to talk about that player being unreliable.

He said that the Hawks coach has not proven that his style can take the Hawks to the FINALS

I was pointing out that Thibs hasn't taken Chicago to the finals either.

It's a lot easier to get to the 3rd round when you have an MVP player... Which the Hawks haven't had in over 20 years.

I've hated on this franchise a lot, but they've done pretty well with what they've had.
    Last edited by Hotlantadude81; 01-26-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Decent playground baller Maestro33's Avatar

I'm pretty much onside with most of what is said here.

If they fire Thibs I'm finally done with them. The players have been driven into the ground but not directly by Thibs. He's overachieved and over utilized or maximized the talent he's had available. So in effect had management gotten better talent years back it would have eased the workload on players like Kirk or Noah who have plainly had the wheels come off.

It's a double edged sword. Great effort and overachieving at the cost of who knows what now...Regardless, we aren't going anywhere this year. it's like we chose the areas which are conducive to playoff wins and decided to fail at them all. Home court, defence and point differential...all terrible with no signs of consistent improvement coming. truly frustrating season.

Just found this vid with Pop talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1a0I7npTg