Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Do America actually need a wall?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    oh lord...

Trump to Support DACA Protections for More Wall Funding

president coulter will not like this.
    Lil Donny speaking at 4pm/et (right now), presenting his plan.

Haven't the courts upheld DACA already? What benefit is there for Democrats for this trade if the courts have already upheld DACA protection?

Democrats can put in writing that Lil Donny can get his 3 billion this time for his wall/fence/slab/barrier/whatever it is this weekend, but he can't come back next year for more money in next budgeting in September.
    Last edited by bladefd; 01-19-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Lil Donny sounds breathless and barely holding on. Sure he is the healthiest man in history?

Get $3 billion for your tiny section of wall and open the government tonight, dummy, tonight. Then you get nothing in September when you will surely come back for more.
    Last edited by bladefd; 01-19-2019 at 05:23 PM.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Nancy Pelosi: "A wall is an immorality. It

[QUOTE=Cleverness]Nancy Pelosi: "A wall is an immorality. It

[QUOTE=Cleverness]Nancy Pelosi: "A wall is an immorality. It

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I thought Democrats wanted a wall all along but because it's Trump, they are refusing? Or is it that they don't want strong border security? What's the narrative this week? It changes every other week that I can't keep track of it
    You are correct that the Democrats have changed their stance on illegal immigration.

Democrats used to strongly oppose illegal immigration and low skilled immigration for several reasons, one being economic. It's a strain on the middle class taxpayers.

Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer, etc. all voted for a physical barrier along the border to reduce illegal immigration about a decade ago.

They have since changed their stance. Their 2016 party platform wants to give the estimated 15-22 million illegal immigrants citizenship. They do not care about the taxpayers; they care about power.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    lol

all the major networks have cleared their 9pm broadcast slots.

martial law's finally incoming to 'murrica. time to exercise that 2nd amendment freedom. get your milita ready.

what a time.
    Every time I see that flag, I think of this

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    trump wants a 'wall'.

democrats don't want a 'wall'.

everyone wants border security (which would to an extent include A WALL!)

---

trump wants to please his base.

congressional democrats want to please their base.

gov stays in limbo and everyday people on both sides suffer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P--C-t60lI
    You and bladefd both quoted me, but didn't answer my question... that's ok though.

Trump wants stronger border security more than he wants a wall. He's said that it doesn't need to be a wall; it can be another form of physical barrier. His reply to the Left's notion that barriers are immoral:

"Some have suggested a barrier is immoral. Then why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences, and gates around their homes? They don

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    You and bladefd both quoted me, but didn't answer my question... that's ok though.

Trump wants stronger border security more than he wants a wall. He's said that it doesn't need to be a wall; it can be another form of physical barrier. His reply to the Left's notion that barriers are immoral:

"Some have suggested a barrier is immoral. Then why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences, and gates around their homes? They don’t build walls because they hate the people on the outside, but because they love the people on the inside. The only thing that is immoral is the politicians to do nothing and continue to allow more innocent people to be so horribly victimized."

^^ This is the stuff his base strongly believes in.

Indeed, a physical barrier does help. Jim Acosta (Democrat political activist who works for CNN) didn't believe it until he went down to a section of the border that actually has a strong barrier. It was perhaps the best reporting he's ever done. https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1083411819354558467

You say that everyone wants border security, but you are incorrect. Not everyone wants border security. Not everyone is against illegal immigration. The Left is becoming more globalist.

Have you not heard of the Democrats support of Sanctuary Cities?

Top democrat speaker has said walls are immoral. Prominent democrat Gavin Newsome has called for free healthcare for all illegal aliens. San Francisco (a major leftist city) opened some local election voting to illegal aliens. Now that's progressive.

my quoting u wasn't an intent to argue or challenge u. was just jumping in on the conversation.

just to be clear - when i said 'everyone ' wants border security, i meant everyone besides the ocasio cortez's of the world, at least. the far left tho, ya - i'm sure some of them are fine with open borders and singing kumbaya.

maybe i haven't listened or researched it enough, but all i ever hear from trump is 'wall'. did he go into any detail in that prime time address the other week? i don't have the time or energy to follow this shit to a t. regardless, if both trump and the dems want border security, then what's the whole argument about? right - it's just political nonsense from both sides.

all i'm saying is that this is all political set trippin' on both sides and people are hurtin' because of it... and people STILL wanna take sides and defend trump/dems when they're the ones that could be getting ****ed next. i think it's just a perfect example of how any dick in washington whether it be trump or pelosi is worried about their image and base instead of working on compromise. **** 'em all.

anyway, it couldn't be any clearer that we do need immigration reform and border security. walls in some places would obviously make sense. more manpower and technology, etc in others. it seems to be all or nothing from trump and pelosi right now though.