Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Gillette preaching against "toxic masculinity"

https://youtu.be/CCT4nYIpRSs

What the *uck is going on in this world? So being a man is now toxic? The commerical depicts men bbqing as an expression of toxic masculinity. Approaching a girl in public is considered harrassment.

We're at a place where being a guy is now offensive

Default Re: Gillette preaching against "toxic masculinity"

Be a man. Grow a beard. Don’t use Gillette’s little razors.

[QUOTE=NumberSix]Be a man. Grow a beard. Don

Just being a man is an act of violence towards women

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy

What the *uck is going on in this world? So being a man is now toxic? The commerical depicts men bbqing as an expression of toxic masculinity. Approaching a girl in public is considered harrassment.

You know the drill OP.

PorcupineCo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    You know the drill OP.

PorcupineCo.com

They need to capitalize!

Didn't see the other thread.

Mods merge please

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

I'd be less concerned about a stupid commercial and more concerned about the American Psychological Association coming out with a report, a few days ago, matter-of-factly stating masculinity is "harmful" to society.

Traits like"
    "stoicism

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    I'd be less concerned about a stupid commercial and more concerned about the American Psychological Association coming out with a report, a few days ago, matter-of-factly stating masculinity is "harmful" to society.

Traits like"
    "stoicism’, ‘competitiveness’, ‘achievement’, ‘eschewal of the appearance of weakness’, ‘adventure’, and ‘risk’ are all deemed negative.

The report borders on racism, it's states that masculinity is the reason African Americans get into so much trouble with the law, and that masculinity in minorities is devastating to homosexuals, transgenders and individuals who do not identify with a traditional binary gender.

These people have been "helping" us for decades, yet more and more people require psychological treatment, psychiatric drugs, more and more dependence and addiction to these drugs, we have higher suicide and depression rates. Seems like a self serving master plan, make people think they are crazy which ends up becoming a self fulfilling prophecy and keeping business booming for psychologists/psychiatrists/big pharma.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ul-by-american

Full APA report:

https://www.apa.org/about/policy/boy...guidelines.pdf

White men in America have essentially become the jews of Nazi Germany. The public resents their success, their influence, and the things they have, and is methodically developing ideological justifications for taking them down.

Obviously from a numbers perspective white men arent as vulnerable to mass violence as the jews were, but the same psychological factors are at work in terms of pathological resentment, and the same environment is developing.

There is such a thing as toxic masculinity, just like there is toxic femininity. To deny it exists at all is retarded, but the extent in which a lot of people take it these days is reaching and shitting on positive traits that come of it.
    Last edited by jongib369; 01-15-2019 at 03:31 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    There is such a thing as toxic masculinity, just like there is toxic femininity. To deny it exists at all is retarded, but the extent in which a lot of people take it these days is reaching and shitting on positive traits that come of it.

Exactly. There is an approprite balance for everything. But the balance for men is inerently going to be different from that of women. And the imbalance between them will inevitably lead to more dominance and success for one group, which is what is resented.

Many women (and many weak men) want to neuter stronger men from possessing qualities they resent - because they know they will never possess those qualities themselves. “If I cant have it, no one can!”

It’s a way of restraining success to even the playing field for the weak, a la communism.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 01-15-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Exactly. There is an approprite balance for everything. But the balance for men is inerently going to be different from that of women. And the imbalance between them will inevitably lead to more dominance and success for one group, which is what is resented.

Many women (and many weak men) want to neuter stronger men from possessing qualities they resent - because they know they will never possess those qualities themselves. “If I cant have it, no one can!”

It’s a way of restraining success to even the playing field for the weak, a la communism.
    Yeah I think we're on the same page. Stoicism for example can be good in certain situations, other cases it might be good to open up a bit and show emotion. To show it's there, but you're capable of controlling it is an important lesson to give a kid. He'll be open to talking about his problems and not go ****ing crazy, but yet hopefully be able to keep his shit together when a group of assholes try to use a perceived weakness against him.

I'm thinking about moments in my life where people bullied me before I grew a pair, versus when I stood up for myself or others and it saddens me that people are going to raise boys to be soft as tissue paper. Like a moment when I saw a younger football player in HS bully a kid. Threw him across the hallway, held him against the lockers and threatened to ruin his athletic career by breaking him if he wants to continue to use his physical strength on someone. Strength, and being humble go hand in hand. use it to lift others up, not put them down unless it's deserving. I'd want my son to stand up for someone like that

Or a moment where people tried doing it to me...Again somewhat similar scenario a couple hot shots a grade older than me on the football team saw me walking to get past them. Hallway was crowded as shit, they looked at eachother, smirked and stepped towards each other in such a way so I couldnt get around, or through them. I got pissed and without missing a beat in my steps just rammed through them and said get the **** out of my way. They could have beat the shit out of me, but they saw I wasn't weak and left me alone. The kids these people are raising will hesitantly try to move around them and in a shaky voice "uh uh excuse me". I'm not raising a bitch, boy or girl.
    Last edited by jongib369; 01-15-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy

If you are referring to the part of the video where the guy says "not cool", P&G is trying to show that whistling, shouting, or making a comment of a sexual nature to a woman passing by is wrong. The problem is that they didn't do a good job trying to show this. A better way would have been to show the guy is about to whistle before being pulled back. I get what they are trying to show here, but there's a better way to go about it without coming off as stereotyping an entire male gender.

All this being said, The APA Can’t Spin Its Way Out of Its Attack on ‘Traditional Masculinity’

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...pa-guidelines/
    Last edited by egokiller; 01-15-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar