Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: Pacers and Warriors Brawl/PUSHING MATCH

If anyone should be suspended it's Curry and West (who got a shove on an assistant coach or something too). Curry escalated it and West came to the party late and just started shoving people.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

This is the timw when stern can help the lakers by suspending lee/curry for 10 games each

Serious playground baller Jolokia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    It's pretty obvious. You're in a shoving match, some dude from the other team latches on to your hip...what're you supposed to do? Let him hug you to death or whatever Curry wanted to do? Or does a rational person think "this dude's not on my team and he's jumping on me, who knwos what the hell he's wanting to do, let's get this dude off me."
    This. Hibbert made an aggressive move trying to get post position on Lee (happens like every other game for any post player). Lee took it personal and shoved Hibbert high. Hibbert retaliated. Lee came back with an aggressive forearm. Hibbert tried to retaliate but got bumped by Jack. Stephenson pretty much cleared it up at this point and both Lee and Hibbert were going separate ways. Curry took the brawl into the next level by wrapping your arms around an opponent who was heated. Hibbert tried to get him off him which looked worse than it really was because of Curry's size. Curry came back as if he wanted to fight. Hibbert pushed him away. Jack pushed Hibbert off the court.

To be honest, I think Hibbert, Lee, Curry, and maybe Jack deserves a 1 game suspension. Not trying to take sides but by the looks of it, Hibbert didn't even want any part of this happening but got pushed into everything. He's a pretty humble guy and was only protecting himself. You can see it from him walking away at the end when everyone was still in the scuffle. I think Curry overreacted and was the only one who wanted to really fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolokia
    This. Hibbert made an aggressive move trying to get post position on Lee (happens like every other game for any post player). Lee took it personal and shoved Hibbert high. Hibbert retaliated. Lee came back with an aggressive forearm. Hibbert tried to retaliate but got bumped by Jack. Stephenson pretty much cleared it up at this point and both Lee and Hibbert were going separate ways. Curry took the brawl into the next level by wrapping your arms around an opponent who was heated. Hibbert tried to get him off him which looked worse than it really was because of Curry's size. Curry came back as if he wanted to fight. Hibbert pushed him away. Jack pushed Hibbert off the court.

To be honest, I think Hibbert, Lee, Curry, and maybe Jack deserves a 1 game suspension. Not trying to take sides but by the looks of it, Hibbert didn't even want any part of this happening but got pushed into everything. He's a pretty humble guy and was only protecting himself. You can see it from him walking away at the end when everyone was still in the scuffle. I think Curry overreacted and was the only one who wanted to really fight.
    I hope Stern reads this.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jolokia

Thank you. I wanted to stay away from this thread until I saw some reason...Unlike the first page where somebody immediately blamed the Pacers without even seeing the footage. But this is the best breakdown I've seen...

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but this is all the officials' fault. When you let a team like Indy play more physical than any other team in the league something like this was bound to happen. Indy players are allowed to throw their bodies and hack the opposing players and they never get fouls called on them.

I'm glad David Lee said f*ck this shit and gave Hibbert a taste of his own medicine.

Don't get me wrong, I like Indy as a team and their style of play especially on the defensive end but you are blind if you don't think Indy gets away with more calls than other teams in the league
    Maybe the other team shouldn't be so soft? Maybe they should get physical back instead of expecting the refs to save them...This is nothing new...Teams who play physical on a CONSISTENT basis are given more leeway to play physical because what are they gonna do, call a foul on every position because guys are getting physical? The 90's Knicks, 80's Pistons, 2000's Spurs, 2004 Pistons, 80's Sixers, etc, etc were all allowed to play physical because thats the teams identity...The Heat, Grizzlies, and Bulls also get away with the same physical stuff the Pacers do...This must be a new day when people think the NBA is giving preferential treatment to small market teams like Indy

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but this is all the officials' fault. When you let a team like Indy play more physical than any other team in the league something like this was bound to happen. Indy players are allowed to throw their bodies and hack the opposing players and they never get fouls called on them.

I'm glad David Lee said f*ck this shit and gave Hibbert a taste of his own medicine.

Don't get me wrong, I like Indy as a team and their style of play especially on the defensive end but you are blind if you don't think Indy gets away with more calls than other teams in the league
    i agree the pacer play a rough style and get away with a ton of fouls, still a great team tho

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Maybe the other team shouldn't be so soft? Maybe they should get physical back instead of expecting the refs to save them...This is nothing new...Teams who play physical on a CONSISTENT basis are given more leeway to play physical because what are they gonna do, call a foul on every position because guys are getting physical? The 90's Knicks, 80's Pistons, 2000's Spurs, 2004 Pistons, 80's Sixers, etc, etc were all allowed to play physical because thats the teams identity...The Heat, Grizzlies, and Bulls also get away with the same physical stuff the Pacers do...This must be a new day when people think the NBA is giving preferential treatment to small market teams like Indy
    honest i don't think the heat play very physical like the pacers, they definitely can, but their best ability is to switch and still defend extremely well

Quote Originally Posted by lpublic_enemyl
    honest i don't think the heat play very physical like the pacers, they definitely can, but their best ability is to switch and still defend extremely well
    I hear you, but I think Lebron is pretty physical, along with Battier, Haslem, Anthony, even Wade....Well does him karate kicking people when he goes to the basket count? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I hear you, but I think Lebron is pretty physical, along with Battier, Haslem, Anthony, even Wade....Well does him karate kicking people when he goes to the basket count? lol
    lmao forgot about that!! i think pacers and griz are more physical tho

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...84334906912770
    https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status...79325414764544

1 game suspension each for Hibbert and Lee. I think it's retarded guys are suspending over freaking pushing, but at least they didn't do anything really stupid length wise.

Also $35k fines for each of Curry, Thompson, and Stephenson.
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 02-27-2013 at 05:56 PM.

National High School Star

currys bitchass got off real light. shoulda been given a 5 game suspenssion

Dammit. Lee is on my fantasy team. and its hilarious David West went unpunished when he freaking knocked Beidrins and Curry into the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Violet Palmer part of the officiating crew....what a shocker. She's the worst referee, but the most job security.
    I was not shocked to see that she was the ref closest to the start of the brawl.

look at her, she doesnt even TRY to separate them. Most people will be like "OMG how can you say that, she's a woman", but most likely the players would think the same thing and would stop immediately if they saw her.

Accidentally pushing the league's most precious ref would make your pocket a lot lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...84334906912770
    https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status...79325414764544

1 game suspension each for Hibbert and Lee. I think it's retarded guys are suspending over freaking pushing, but at least they didn't do anything really stupid length wise.

Also $35k fines for each of Curry, Thompson, and Stephenson.
    Damn, Stephenson just learned the price of keeping it real, he's definitely gonna feel that one.

I bet he asks David Stern to donate his fine to the Lance Stephenson charity