Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Andre Drummond, Deandre Jordan, Clint Capela, Steven Adams. Guys like that.

Adams has touch around the rim, I like him too and he could demand post touches on a bad team. He

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Andre Drummond, Deandre Jordan, Clint Capela, Steven Adams. Guys like that.

Adams is insanely overrated.

Can't believe there are people who think he's good. Being big strong and tough doesn't make you good at basketball. He has no flow, has to be spoon-fed baskets, is too slow and clunky to be a versatile defender, and doesn't have high bball IQ.

If he was any good the Thunder would've made it out of the 1st round this year. How come he couldn't exploit the Portland front court? He got bullied on both ends because he's too slow and stiff.

He's just a big guy who grabs easy boards and sets screens. He does stuff that requires no skill or brain power. He's a total scrub and doesn't impact the game much at all. He's on one of the worst contracts in the league.

Dude is gonna be making 30 million. Unfathomable.
    Last edited by AlternativeAcc.; 07-20-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Adam's is the best dude.

Plays tough and fair, great attitude on and off the court, and a great sense of humour.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.

Can't believe there are people who think he's good. Being big strong and tough doesn't make you good at basketball. He has no flow, has to be spoon-fed baskets, is too slow and clunky to be a versatile defender, and doesn't have high bball IQ.

If he was any good the Thunder would've made it out of the 1st round this year. How come he couldn't exploit the Portland front court? He got bullied on both ends because he's too slow and stiff.

He's just a big guy who grabs easy boards and sets screens. He does stuff that requires no skill or brain power. He's a total scrub and doesn't impact the game much at all. He's on one of the worst contracts in the league.

Oh look, another dumb fvck bron stan with a dumb fvck, one dimensional view on something.

So much cringe

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.

This is true too. He

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Adams will be a lot better this year without Westbrook around

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

None of them have any useful talent today besides steven Adams...

You can't be slow and plodding in today's league.. Imagine Drummond in a playoff series with James harden or some shit you just get spammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Adams will be a lot better this year without Westbrook around

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

You can't be slow and plodding in today's league.. Imagine Drummond in a playoff series with James harden or some shit you just get spammed.
    Adams is by no means the fastest guy on the list however. Got burnt hard by Portland

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Capela isn’t slow and plodding wtf

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]Adams is by no means the fastest guy on the list however. Got burnt hard by Portland

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

These type of players always tend to get overpaid

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Steven Adams might be my favorite center in the league right now. I cant put my finger on why.....I just....**** with that guy. If Paul stays there till mid December when the 40% of the NBA not currently able to be traded can be moved to make it easier to trade him....I think Adams puts up 18/13 till then.
    In your grouping - I like Adams as well.
    Your point is these guys don't shoot the three , and some would pick Portland or Denver or Utahs center.

Right now I like Brook Lopez , cause he has survived bad feet , created a 3 pt shoot and still boards, and plays defense.

Old style centers will come back , it's just a matter of time, when the game evolves again.

I like Adams. It's just that OKC never had enough shooting and consistent scoring around him. He needs to be a 4th-5th option. When he has to be 3rd option, your team will get exposed by better teams in the playoffs. Plus, any team with good quick guards expose him on defense in the PnR. Him having to guard Curry, Harden, DMitch, Lillard and CJ... it wasn't pretty. They can spam points easy on him, and it really is not his fault. He just isn't fast enough to stay in front of them.

Plus, Westbrook got him paid big time. He's not underrated, he's on a $100 million contract. Ask me again if getting paid to rebound and box out is worth $100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    In your grouping - I like Adams as well.
    Your point is these guys don't shoot the three , and some would pick Portland or Denver or Utahs center.

Right now I like Brook Lopez , cause he has survived bad feet , created a 3 pt shoot and still boards, and plays defense.

Old style centers will come back , it's just a matter of time, when the game evolves again.
    Not so sure. Today's generation is influenced by the last. To say that tomorrow's center will revert to old school styles means they'd be completely ignoring the centers that preceded them and instead study the games of players who played well before they were born. Anyone born today and ends up a 7footer in the NBA in 2040 will see centers from the 70s/80s/90s as completely alien to them. Shit I expect a center to be shooting like Steph Curry in 2030. You already got a guy like Durant who's close to 7 feet and few in league history shoot better. He's the height of Bill Russell basically, but with the game of a player 5 inches shorter. Durant pretty much took Dirk and added in a small forward's game. That's where we are heading.