Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: The Truth about Wiggins

Quote Originally Posted by Noyze
    As I said at the beginning of this thread your decision making with the ball will improve (reading the defense and making good decisions on when to create or score, watching how they play you), but you're ball handling wont improve much.

Find just 1 player who couldn't dribble in high school who penetrates and creates for teammates in the NBA. Just 1
    I can personally improve my ball handling. So can you.

So can these world class athletes with elite body coordination.

Ball handling is absolutely something you can physically improve. Just like shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBalla32
    I can personally improve my ball handling. So can you.

So can these world class athletes with elite body coordination.

Ball handling is absolutely something you can physically improve. Just like shooting.
    You CAN. It just seems like other skills improve more once players are in the NBA (aka shooting, D, decision making). Goran Dragic has improved a ton since he came into the league (thanks partially to Nash). Gordon Hayward has shown a lot of improvement but he still has a ways to go in the decision making department.

But there are examples of guys improving their handle to a really noticable degree. Most guys just end up cutting down on turnovers via better decision making.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 09-11-2014 at 04:12 PM.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    You CAN. It just seems like other skills improve more once players are in the NBA (aka shooting, D, decision making). Goran Dragic has improved a ton since he came into the league (thanks partially to Nash). Gordon Hayward has shown a lot of improvement but he still has a ways to go in the decision making department.

But there are examples of guys improving their handle to a really noticable degree. Most guys just end up cutting down on turnovers via better decision making.
    so ..not every player is going to be controlling the offense and playing point so that's why its not a skill they practice as much say shooting , it all depends on their game and how they fit in, that's why we have positions... like a 5 isn't going to be running the ball up the court most of the time, there are exceptions, there are 'point forwards' though wiggins is not that type of player like bird or pippin or grant hill.. there are plenty of great small forwards without exceptional ball handling ability..or being able to run an offense

I rule the local playground

yeah because wilt chamberlin should've spent all his time improving his ability to bring the ball up the floor and run the offense from the top of the key.. lots of players do not practice it because its not part of their game or what they do in the NBA, not everyone needs to be some great overall player its fine to specialize, let's look at dennis rodman.

I usually hit open layups

I would argue that it is "easier" to improve your physical ball handling skills than it is to improve your ability to make the correct reactionary decisions on the floor.

Strong decision making and a great feel for the game is something some players have, some don't, but ball handling/shooting/boxing out/etc. are all physical skills that 100% of players can improve. Especially when you're an elite athlete like Wiggins obviously is.

He can improve his ball handling, but finishing in traffic seems like more of an inherent skill, and one that he's not great at.

So does court awareness, another aspect where he wasn't very good in college.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Wiggins will be a good player..just good. Don't expect greatness. He will just be a solid player, not perennial All Star. Just good. I guess that's not good enough.
    I think he can definitely be a perennial all star with the SG position the way it is right now. He's a good shooter already, so pair that with his athleticism and it's easy to see him getting up to 20ppg, which is good enough to make all star games even if you do literally NOTHING else, (see Derozan, Demar). Add good defense and boom, you've got a top 5 SG.

Like Milbuck said though, the line of thought that he would be a Kobe/Durant/LeBron level talent should be out the window by now.

I don't ever expect Wiggins to be Durant or Kobe level.

I just really really love watching this guy play.

Kinda similar to how I feel about Manziel.... he's never gonna be Manning or Brady but he's the most exciting athlete in the world to me and he's easy on the ears and likable.

Wiggins has such a likable personality and there is something about him that makes me gawk in amazement when I watch him glide up and down the court... he has that look..

I admire him in the same way I admire a cheetah or a Ferrari... physical specimen with a unique and intriguing look. LeBron used to do that for me before his face and body bloated up and he lost all of his hair and I actually got to know who he was as a person. Wiggins is down right good looking and likable and one of the most aesthetically pleasing athletes in the game today.

Can't wait to see that Minnesota transition game

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I don't ever expect Wiggins to be Durant or Kobe level.

I just really really love watching this guy play.

Kinda similar to how I feel about Manziel.... he's never gonna be Manning or Brady but he's the most exciting athlete in the world to me and he's easy on the ears and likable.

Wiggins has such a likable personality and there is something about him that makes me gawk in amazement when I watch him glide up and down the court... he has that look..

I admire him in the same way I admire a cheetah or a Ferrari... physical specimen with a unique and intriguing look. LeBron used to do that for me before his face and body bloated up and he lost all of his hair and I actually got to know who he was as a person. Wiggins is down right good looking and likable and one of the most aesthetically pleasing athletes in the game today.

Can't wait to see that Minnesota transition game
    He could. He will never be top 10 though. Eg: LeBron,Duncan,MJ

Could he be Gerald Wallace with a junpshot. I'd take prime Gerald Wallace over a lot of players some call stars.

Dorial Green-beckham is the Andrew Wiggins of college football.....

Absolute physical specimen with that aesthetically pleasing look and build.

He's not eligible to play this year but be on the lookout for him in the future. Freak of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    He could. He will never be top 10 though. Eg: LeBron,Duncan,MJ
    Kobe is top 10. Not even debatable.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Kobe is top 10. Not even debatable.
    Probably the most debatable topic in the NBA

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Could he be Gerald Wallace with a junpshot. I'd take prime Gerald Wallace over a lot of players some call stars.
    If it's Bobcats Blazers era Gerald Wallace then hell yeah. Sad to see stars from the mid 2000s like Wallace, and J-Rich falling the **** off fast, when they were some of the best players and rising stars from the early/mid 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    If it's Bobcats Blazers era Gerald Wallace then hell yeah. Sad to see stars from the mid 2000s like Wallace, and J-Rich falling the **** off fast, when they were some of the best players and rising stars from the early/mid 2000s
    You knew Wallace was going to fall off fast considering the way he threw his body around.