Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: On beer number 9...lets discuss basketball...ask me anyting

What's your boyfriends name????

Bale has the flu and scores a double? Meh lets see...

I'll take Madrid. At first it was me being their fan, but now after re-evaluating this Munich side, Pep didnt make them any stronger thats for sure...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Bale has the flu and scores a double? Meh lets see...

I'll take Madrid. At first it was me being their fan, but now after re-evaluating this Munich side, Pep didnt make them any stronger thats for sure...
    Bayern pretty much sucked all season. only thing they did was beating up on weak bundesliga teams and capitalizing from Dortmunds tactical errors and injuries.
    Next year i predict Dortmund will either win the Bundesliga or Championsleague
    that being said reals defense is soo retarded. Ramos and Marcelo are always good for a red card and Pepe gets caught out of position at least twice per game.

Local High School Star

speaking of beer and basketball, would anyone be interested in hearing about a basketball drinking game i made up?

Quote Originally Posted by f0und
    speaking of beer and basketball, would anyone be interested in hearing about a basketball drinking game i made up?
    just say it

Local High School Star

the rules are pretty simple and are meant to mirror the actual game.

-first you pick a side. like say you pick the heat, and your buddy picks the bobcats. and you drink according to what your team does. obviously can be played with multiple people too.

-a two pointer is two drinks for the guy whose team gave up the basket

-a three pointer is three drinks....

-a on the floor foul is one drink

-during a shooting foul, you only drink when a free throw is made

-a block is two drinks

-a turnover is two drinks

-a defensive rebound is one drink

-an offense rebound is two drinks. being that an offensive rebound is more damaging, it holds more value

-then there are style points that range from 1 extra drink to 4 extra drinks. its one of those plays where, as a fan, you can appreciate the awesomeness that just happened. 99% of the time its usually agreed upon about how many style points that particular play deserved. for example, lebron just threw down a dunk over my team. id look at my buddy, and say "i'll give that two style points" bringing the total drinks for that particular play to 4. if your drinking with a fellow basketball fan who knows what a good bball play is, then there is hardly ever any argument over style points.

Local High School Star

the way i made the game, it really gets you into the game as if your part of the team. everything your team does directly affects you. its not too crazy, but there are moments where you just get bombarded with a bunch of drinks. like say, your team just turned it over(2 drinks). they head the other way on a fast break, missed the layup but got the offensive board(2 drinks) kicks it out for a three pointer(3 drinks). in the span of a few seconds, you just got 7 drinks. now you just pray that your team can get a defensive stop so it doesnt compound on your previous drinks. it can add up REALLY fast.

it can get real crazy during a fast paced game. i played it during an allstar game once, and we couldnt make it past halftime.

Local High School Star

- two drinks for everyone for gratuitous shot of hot dancers

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Bayern has only been the favorite because of what they did last year. Yes, they are fantastic this year but they play in a pretty weak league.

Arsenal, could have eliminated them but didn't.

Real will beat them the first leg. My official prediction...3-0.

CR 1 goal. Bale 2 goals.
    Are we gonna pretend like Real Madrid will even get enough chances to win the game 3-0? And were gonna pretend that a stacked midfield like Bayerns with Mandzukic scoring almost every game won't even score 1 goal in Madrid?

It'll be similar scores to the ManU series, with Bayern comfortably advancing to the finals.

-first you pick a side. like say you pick the heat, and your buddy picks the bobcats. and you drink according to what your team does. obviously can be played with multiple people too.

-a block is two drinks

-an offense rebound is two drinks. being that an offensive rebound is more damaging, it holds more value

-then there are style points that range from 1 extra drink to 4 extra drinks. its one of those plays where, as a fan, you can appreciate the awesomeness that just happened. 99% of the time its usually agreed upon about how many style points that particular play deserved. for example, lebron just threw down a dunk over my team. id look at my buddy, and say "i'll give that two style points" bringing the total drinks for that particular play to 4. if your drinking with a fellow basketball fan who knows what a good bball play is, then there is hardly ever any argument over style points.
    lol youd be dead by halftime

Serious playground baller

Haaha this nikka passed the *** out in the middle of the convo

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    lol youd be dead by halftime
    lol only during a really fast paced game.

its not easy, but finishing a game is doable. we've only accomplished it a handful times. there times when both of us were just praying for a timeout or commercial break.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

-a block is two drinks

that seems very impossible unless im reading it incorrect. 1 drink for a defensive rebound
    my team gets 25 defensive rebounds thats 25 drinks right there -_-
    thats like facing a bottle of hen.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    that seems very impossible unless im reading it incorrect. 1 drink for a defensive rebound
    my team gets 25 defensive rebounds thats 25 drinks right there -_-
    thats like facing a bottle of hen.
    beer

Local High School Star

the really *hitty moments are when your team gives up 3-4 offensive rebounds and the basket. you know thats gotta drive the coach crazy. the insane amount of drinks it accrued is meant to simulate how much it hurts.