Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Re: Do you think Kevin Durant has surpassed Carmelo Anthony now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    KD has been known as poor man's Melo since he entered the league, but it seems that he managed to cut the gap closer every year. Last season he was about very close, but Id still take Carmelo over him due to the former winning scoring title. This season it appears that Durant has finally made the final push to surpass Carmelo Anthony to become the 2nd best SF in the league. What is your thought? Do you think Durant is barely or clearly better than Anthony now since this season? Or do you think he still has more work to do?

i havent heard kd being called a poor mans melo since like 2009-2010...that comparison has been dead so im asssuming this is in fact a troll thread. durant is clearly the better player considering he is a league mvp something melo hasnt accomplished yet.

kd is a talent u can build a team around. melo is a talent that needs to be built with...meaning melo needs an above average pg and an above average center to be on a championship caliber team whereas if u have kd u can have a team full of role players and he could potentially lead you to the promised land...maybe not win it all tho..kinda like AI in philly.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Can't tell if counter trolling
    Why is it so hard to understand? Melo almost led the scrubs known as '13-14 Knicks to the playoffs in one of the toughest conferences in NBA history. While also playing with one good shoulder the whole season. Plus 62 is better than what that stick figure down in OKC has ever scored.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

When I saw this thread I thought for sure it must have been a bump from like 2 years ago. Melo can't see Durant

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

... Durant past Melo back when Clinton was president

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Durant > League this year

Not airballing my layups anymore

Umm, yes, about three seasons ago.

Melo is clearly a better player but he plays on a weaker team. Durant has Westbrook and Ibaka. Who does Melo have ? Broken Amare. Dumbass J.R. Smith. Fat Felton. Tyson "Magikarp" Chandler.

Westbrook is the real leader of OKC. Durant is a mediocre player but refs make him look good while Westbrook makes sure they win in the playoffs which makes Durant look even better.

EVERYONE KNOWS:
    Melo > Durant + refs , Goatbrook > Durant + refs
    Melo >>>>> Durant without refs , Goatbrook >>>>> Durant without refs

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    KD has been known as poor man's Melo since he entered the league
    Please pardon our unfamiliarity with this concept. The rest of us cannot hear the voices in your head.

Banned

Durant's been better than Melo since 2010....or 2011 if we wanna be generous.

2010-2014 Durant alone is better than Melo's entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Durant's been better than Melo since 2010....or 2011 if we wanna be generous.

2010-2014 Durant alone is better than Melo's entire career.
    Pretty much, I've never heard anybody call Durant a poor mans Melo.. If anything it's the other way around

Lol wtf.

Durant has been better for several years.

Significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    i havent heard kd being called a poor mans melo since like 2009-2010...that comparison has been dead so im asssuming this is in fact a troll thread. durant is clearly the better player considering he is a league mvp something melo hasnt accomplished yet.

kd is a talent u can build a team around. melo is a talent that needs to be built with...meaning melo needs an above average pg and an above average center to be on a championship caliber team whereas if u have kd u can have a team full of role players and he could potentially lead you to the promised land...maybe not win it all tho..kinda like AI in philly.
    I'm not sure if your last sentence is serious. He got backdoor swept by the Grizzlies when his team was full of role players (Westbrook out). And he couldn't even challenge the heat when his team had 3 fringe-stars (Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka).

Let's be real: the only reason AI got his team to the Finals was because he played in the East and the league wanted him there over Ray Allen.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1

He might lose in the first round playing with another elite player and Ibaka.

OP

I wonder who he would root for in the Finals, Nets or Spurs.