Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Default Re: Only the Western Conference and Miami Heat are relevant

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I don't think you have seen what Miami's defense can do at times. When the games matter they can be god damn scary. Nets are too old. There is no way Garnett and Pierce can match the energy of a team like Miami. Miami wins on youth and talent. Not to mention Wade, Bosh, and Lebron have championship experience than the whole Nets team.
    Wouldn't say they have much of that these days

Nets & Raptors series is pretty good. Rooting for the old dogs KG & Pierce.

Pacers look done, Raptors are meh, Bulls don't have enough offense (D.Rose is a bitch).

Nets I think will make a run to the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    As of right now, Houston isn't anymore relevant than Portland. That can all change of course, but there's really isn't a reason for you to be talking shit right now. Hell, Golden State is more playoff proven than Houston. And you didn't mention the Spurs, or LAC?
    I don't understand the arrogance of Houston fans. They act like Harden is some guy that isn't known to have 4-20 shooting nights against great teams. They envision Dwight like he will shoot free throws like Dirk in a pressure packed situation. Houston doesn't have the pieces to seriously compete. They have a solid team but San Antonio is good enough to sweep them.

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    Wouldn't say they have much of that these days
    Relative to the Brooklyn Nets. That's what I meant. Garnett and Pierce are on their career death beds.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    As of right now, Houston isn't anymore relevant than Portland. That can all change of course, but there's no reason for you to be talking shit right now. Hell, Golden State is more playoff proven than Houston. And you didn't mention the Spurs, or LAC?

Seriously, what has Houston done to warrant such shit talking? Win a playoff series and we'll talk.
    No, I rather talk right now, sport.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

I'm kind of invested in every single series now.

IND/ATL was the only one that I though would be a sweep, but seeing ATL and their ability to put 5 three point shooters out there at once, I see an upset happening.

Charlotte is good enough defensively around Big Al, that I think it can be an interesting series.

Bulls have a chip on their shoulder losing 2 of their best players, and the Wizards, Raptors are hungry young teams.

Brooklyn is out there to justify their payroll.

It really looks wide open in the east, Miami hasn't looked "unbeatable" for awhile now.

The West looks wide open as well, with the Spurs having the slight edge with Pops.

I'm glad the Grizzlies made it, offering a contrast of styles in offense giving a little eastern flavor to conference.

Phx would have been a great story, but they're like the less talented version of all the other west teams.

Houston, and Golden State are wildcards depending on if they catch fire at the right times.

Definitely the most exciting playoffs in a while for me.

Pretty much. No one else is coming out of the East, even if D-Wade's knee imploded tomorrow.

It is pretty funny how the 1 seed in the East has an offense that is only slightly better than the 76ers (not an exaggeration).

I don't think you have seen what Miami's defense can do at times. When the games matter they can be god damn scary. Nets are too old. There is no way Garnett and Pierce can match the energy of a team like Miami. Miami wins on youth and talent. Not to mention Wade, Bosh, and Lebron have championship experience than the whole Nets team.
    Dunno, even without Lopez, Brooklyn has a lot of players that can hurt the Heat.

You can attribute it to Miami's D, but if JJ can avoid a series of 4-15 games (like he seems to do often in the playoffs or vs the Heat), and PP/KG play like pretty good role players, I think the Nets have a real shot.

Plumlee is a monster. lol. Blatche is good, but I don't expect much of him in the playoffs. The Nets just need guys to hit open shots. I think they can shift the Miami D and get good shots, but it's a matter of whether or not they can actually knock them down.

Not saying they will win, prolly not, but I think they can push them a little.

-Smak

Both MIA and IND are relevant. Don't be a prisoner of 1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Dunno, even without Lopez, Brooklyn has a lot of players that can hurt the Heat.

You can attribute it to Miami's D, but if JJ can avoid a series of 4-15 games (like he seems to do often in the playoffs or vs the Heat), and PP/KG play like pretty good role players, I think the Nets have a real shot.

Plumlee is a monster. lol. Blatche is good, but I don't expect much of him in the playoffs. The Nets just need guys to hit open shots. I think they can shift the Miami D and get good shots, but it's a matter of whether or not they can actually knock them down.

Not saying they will win, prolly not, but I think they can push them a little.

-Smak
    Don't be fooled by reg season sandbagging. Miami will foe-oh Brooklyn.

If you haven't noticed, the Heat aren't exactly a bunch of spring chickens either y

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    lmao @ these chumps getting madd. Refute my facts or stay quiet, clowns.

0-8 vs H-Town n OKC
    Houston has no shot. Deal with it and stop coming off like a desperate homer.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Pretty much. No one else is coming out of the East, even if D-Wade's knee imploded tomorrow.
    Not sure they win the East without Wade.

Honestly, agreed.

Anybody else besides Miami wouldnt make the Playoffs playing in the West... The NBA is West + Miami