Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Free Agent: Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Him and Parsons will get similar contracts.

3/$28m

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    Chicago will get one of the following:

1) Melo
    2) Gordon Hayward
    WANT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    3) Stephenson
    No thanks. Clown.

He will get 4/$40 million easily. Someone will offer it.

I'm feeling that he will get well overpaid this offseason. I really like his game, and his attitude as long as he is kept in check (which is why I would like to see him return to Indiana), but I see him getting 10 mil+ a season from a team instead of getting maybe 8 like he might deserve.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

I think he gets overpaid for sure. This league is light on solid shooting guards and several teams need a good defensive guard. I worry that the Bulls will go after him if they miss Melo. But he will get around 10 a year for sure.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    I think everyone realizes that Lance Stephenson's stock is going to drop super fast if the Pacers lose in the first round.

Stephenson is basically J.R. Smith 1.5.

What's a player like J.R. Smith worth? 3 years at 17 mill? 5.6 mill a year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    He will get 4/$40 million easily. Someone will offer it.
    Yea, I'm hoping the Pacers continue to self destruct and his value is driven down a bit and the Mavs can come in and get him.

It's not ideal, but I don't know who else the Mavs can get on the perimeter that would help as much as him.

He's a well rounded do it all type player that the Mavs could really use.

We add Lance and a legit starting center and keep the rest of the team pretty much in tact and we have a legit contender imo.

I'd probably prefer Deng because I bet you could get him for like 3 years 29 million or so...and I think he'd fit better with our team as well.

Maybe we convince Deng for 3 years 30 million and Pau for 2 years 20 million? Dirk takes a discount to make it happen? I'd love that team...

Hopefully Carter and Marion follow Dirk's lead and take discounts to stay as well...

Calderon/Harris/Larkin
    Ellis/Carter
    Deng/Marion
    Dirk/Wright
    Gasol/Dalembert

Now I could get pretty excited about that team...could be very Spurs like in the regular season with nobody but Ellis and Deng playing over 30 minutes.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    5 years 20 million.

this .. lol@11-14 million .. I wouldn't doubt some idiot team gives him that but that's fkn insane .. I don't think any player is worth even that kind of money .. save for maybe the best player in the league or players that are bigtime draws

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yea, I'm hoping the Pacers continue to self destruct and his value is driven down a bit and the Mavs can come in and get him.

It's not ideal, but I don't know who else the Mavs can get on the perimeter that would help as much as him.

He's a well rounded do it all type player that the Mavs could really use.

We add Lance and a legit starting center and keep the rest of the team pretty much in tact and we have a legit contender imo.

I'd probably prefer Deng because I bet you could get him for like 3 years 29 million or so...and I think he'd fit better with our team as well.

Maybe we convince Deng for 3 years 30 million and Pau for 2 years 20 million? Dirk takes a discount to make it happen? I'd love that team...

Hopefully Carter and Marion follow Dirk's lead and take discounts to stay as well...

Calderon/Harris/Larkin
    Ellis/Carter
    Deng/Marion
    Dirk/Wright
    Gasol/Dalembert

Now I could get pretty excited about that team...could be very Spurs like in the regular season with nobody but Ellis and Deng playing over 30 minutes.
    what is the mavs sitiuation? and isnt ellis a one year deal? If the mavs can keep the same roster, and still have cap to add a legit player, than they go for a legit big first. Asik on the mavs would make them contenders and dangerous imo.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    what is the mavs sitiuation? and isnt ellis a one year deal? If the mavs can keep the same roster, and still have cap to add a legit player, than they go for a legit big first. Asik on the mavs would make them contenders and dangerous imo.
    no.

Ellis is on a 3 year deal...so 2 more after his one for like 8.5 million a year iirc.

I think we have around 25 million on the books for next year.

Harris, Dirk, Carter, and Marion are all free agents....Crowder and Blair are as well, but I doubt we keep them unless they sign for the minimum to short deals.

So with the projected cap at 63 million or so now...which means Cuban could easily go higher than that if he thought we had a chance to win.

That leaves us roughly 40 or so million to work with. Dirk says he's taking a big discount...so hopefully it's around 2 years 20 million. Less would be great, but I'm not sure that is necessary.

So then we'd have 30 million to squeeze in some of our guys and go after a SF and Center.

I'm hoping Carter/Marion/Harris all want to stay and we can get them all for something around 12 million between them. If not, it's not worth it. Carter might fetch too much money on the open market...I would imagine Harris would stay...and I hope he does because we need him.

Not sure about Marion's value either, but I'd like to see him stay and come off the bench, but it's not vital.

So we should have roughly 20 to 22 million to find a starting sf and center.

Guys like Stephenson and Deng come to mind...and Pau is the center I really want. Pau/Dalembert would be a great fit. It would allow them both to play the roles they want...and Gasol would get ball in the post with plenty of room to work whenever Dirk is on the floor. It would also allow Wright to play his natural position more often. And a Harris/Ellis/Deng/Wright/Gasol lineup would actually be really good defensively...

It's about time Cuban and Nellie have a good summer...it's been a while.

Asik would be great, but the problem is that he's not a free agent. He's on the last year of an 8.5 million deal against the cap, but it would cost Cuban 15 total million because of his salary structure. I was really hoping we were going to trade Marion/Dalembert/Ellington for Asik/Garcia at the deadline...it would have been smart for both teams. I really think Houston ****ed this thing up...unless of course they figure out a way to play Asik and Howard together. But if they don't...then they are stuck with Asik for another year with really no way to get much better unless they figure out a Melo signing that works.

But at this point, I don't see how Asik can be on the Mavs unless the Rockets are willing to part with him for like Larkin/Ellington/Dalembert and a pick. And even then it's asking Cuban a lot to pay and extra 7 million for him this year and then have to sign him to a big deal after.

I think we have a decent shot at Greg Monroe....it would have to be some type of sign and trade probably, but I think that is the home run scenario...problem is that we haven't hit a home run in free agency...maybe ever.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-20-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Kobelicious

imagine if lakers pick him up,
    lance and nick young

too much swag