Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re: Jabari Parker last night

Surprised he attacked the rim so often in the highlight video, but disappointed that it didn't showcase any of his Tmac-esque jumpshots. That is, unless he didn't do any of those against Boston College.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Have you been watching Embiid? He is far, FAR more than just potential and ceiling. He's consistently been backing up the hype. Just because he has ridiculous potential and an extremely high ceiling doesn't mean that's all he is. He's shown some incredible things on the court, that he's much more than a news story. He's Kansas' highest impact player.
    Watched him all season. Wiggins has shown incredible things as well. What is your point? Both are going to go 1 and 2 based on potential, upside, ceiling. Embiid could go over Wiggins because he is a big vs Wiggins being a SG/SF.

Wiggins leads the team in scoring, 3rd in rebounds, best perimeter defender (notice you or anyone rarely mention this guess its all "potential") and has shown he can hit from downtown. 37% on the season.

It'll take Embiid a couple years to develop which is expected. He's not stepping into any situation producing. Still raw in terms of a prospect. Hence, potential to be x,y and z and his ceiling (hakeem/duncan given these two players play nothing alike) are often always thrown out. I like Embiid and think he will be a stud in the league. Its all based on potential much like Wiggins.

I would take both over Parker despite Parker defecating on both offensively its not even funny. But the ceiling for Embiid/Wiggins is higher than that of Parker imo.

See how this works? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Watched him all season. Wiggins has shown incredible things as well. What is your point? Both are going to go 1 and 2 based on potential, upside, ceiling. Embiid could go over Wiggins because he is a big vs Wiggins being a SG/SF.

Wiggins leads the team in scoring, 3rd in rebounds, best perimeter defender (notice you or anyone rarely mention this guess its all "potential") and has shown he can hit from downtown. 37% on the season.

It'll take Embiid a couple years to develop which is expected. He's not stepping into any situation producing. Still raw in terms of a prospect. Hence, potential to be x,y and z and his ceiling (hakeem/duncan given these two players play nothing alike) are often always thrown out. I like Embiid and think he will be a stud in the league. Its all based on potential much like Wiggins.

I would take both over Parker despite Parker defecating on both offensively its not even funny. But the ceiling for Embiid/Wiggins is higher than that of Parker imo.

See how this works? Thanks
    Nice attempt, but you're still wrong.

Embiid is only raw relative to his own ceiling and other all-time greats of the past. If we're judging him on a flat standard, to all prospects, he's anything but raw. He's got offensive and defensive instincts, footwork, post-scoring arsenal, and a feel for the game that tons of big men in the NBA would kill for - and it's all on tape if you would just watch it. The guy is not raw. I don't know how that could be more clear. Do you want him to drop 40 points in his next game solely on dream shakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Nice attempt, but you're still wrong.

Embiid is only raw relative to his own ceiling and other all-time greats of the past. If we're judging him on a flat standard, to all prospects, he's anything but raw. He's got offensive and defensive instincts, footwork, post-scoring arsenal, and a feel for the game that tons of big men in the NBA would kill for - and it's all on tape if you would just watch it. The guy is not raw. I don't know how that could be more clear. Do you want him to drop 40 points in his next game solely on dream shakes?
    Wow you even swallowed. Such a feat.