Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    raep tiem

Default Re: Paul George: T-Mac lite or the next Al Harrington / Josh Smith

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Repped.

College superstar

Paul George is like a hybrid of Durant and Pippen.

Not as good a shooter as Durant, not as good a defender as Pippen, but has the qualities of both.

George's upside is T-Mac material. He's a better defender than Mac at this point. But Mac was a more versatile offensive player capable of playing PG-SG-SF at high ass levels. And Mac was a more dominant scorer too. But a peak T-Mac only takes a backseat to MJ and Kobe for SG's in my opinion. He was that DAMN GOOD! So if u think about it to be the next T Mac, he has to be close to that level of player. But he has SICK ability and could live up to that or get close in a MJ-Kobe kind of sense.
    Last edited by bizil; 11-08-2013 at 04:20 PM.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I'm going to test the basketball acumen of the posters here. People here have raging basketball man wood for him. And I've seen it before in his types. I get why, but if you have enough knowledge of the sport ... you'd realize he hasn't been particularly impressive.

People claiming he will be superstar status very soon. Really? Superstars even when they are uber young and filled with potential, IE young Kobe, T-Mac, Jermaine O'Neal, KG all showed flashes of brilliance they would later become accustomed to on the floor.

IMO on Paul George? I haven't seen a legit reason for the hype.

Because everything I've seen, is a Johnathan Bender / Al Harrington / Josh Smith type in the making. Long, athletic, versatile.

Not particularly smart, and totally filled with potential. That "potential" will linger around his name for many years before we realize what he actually is as a player.

A very good player, albeit a glorified role player. Someone not even close to superstar status. To me his hype has been un-earned, over zealous, and rather alarming from so called "hardcore fans" of the NBA.
    Shows how much you know. @ acting like you're some superior basketball authority only to immediately follow it up with an embarrassingly incorrect prediction.

Local High School Star

Paul George is not a great offfensive player. If opposing teams set traps, double teams, he cannot create his own shot properly. I don't think he has that quick release or smooth fade away shots if defended properly like TMAC and other great players had. If he had the same supporting cast like TMAC had in Orlando, Paul would shoot 25% from the field.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Paul George is like a hybrid of Durant and Pippen.

Not as good a shooter as Durant, not as good a defender as Pippen, but has the qualities of both.
    That's an interesting take on the situation and right on the money. George show flashes of both guys, but isn't on their level yet in those elements. I actually think the question with George is will he become a true alpha dog like Durant or TMac. Or will he develop into more of a Pippen kind of player which is of course still great by the way. I see his ultimate upside more in the mold of T-Mac. Not saying he will be as good, but in the sense of being great scorer and great all around player all in one. But if he reaches that, who knows.

How about this?

Paul George is the next...

Paul George?

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    How about this?

Paul George?
    Paul George is the next NBA player to get racially sterotyped by SamuraiSwish

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    How about this?

Paul George?
    I like this comparison, because really I think George has a chance to be a one of a kind player.

He's long and lengthy like a T Mac, however his defense is already elite and will only get better.. And his offense at this point is more developed than even I thought was possible. He's improved leaps and bounds offensively.

Also, something I've noticed from the few Pacers games I've seen this year is George is looking for offense every time he touches the ball and I LOVE THIS. It's what I wish KD would do more offensively.

You'll notice when George catches the ball now he almost always will immediately dip his shoulder and go into a triple threat position, stopping the ball for a split second to analyze the defense to see if there is a play he can make. Some people may not like it but its something Kobes been doing for years, it something only truly elite offensive players can do or else the coach will be mad at them for stopping the ball, but this Kobe esque attitude of looking to be aggressive every trip down the floor, mixed with already high level of maturity on the court are ingridients for a deadly impactful offensive player.
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 11-08-2013 at 10:46 PM.

I like this comparison, because really I think George has a chance to be a one of a kind player.

He's long and lengthy like a T Mac, however his defense is already elite and will only get better.. And his offense at this point is more developed than even I thought was possible. He's improved leaps and bounds offensively.

Also, something I've noticed from the few Pacers games I've seen this year is George is looking for offense every time he touches the ball and I LOVE THIS. It's what I wish KD would do more offensively.

You'll notice when George catches the ball now he almost always will immediately dip his shoulder and go into a triple threat position, stopping the ball for a split second to analyze the defense to see if there is a play he can make. Some people may not like it but its something Kobes been doing for years, it something only truly elite offensive players can do or else the coach will be mad at them for stopping the ball, but this Kobe esque attitude of looking to be aggressive every trip down the floor, mixed with already high level of maturity on the court are ingridients for a deadly impactful offensive player.
    Damn this post rustled someone's jimmies da fuq?

Swish, you have such a good eye for talent

I lost a couple brain cells reading OP

I understand the point but the comparisons are

Banned

Wiggins is the next Paul George. Paul George is the next Paul George.

Swish, you have such a good eye for talent
    You're getting off on this, aren't you? Bumped this thread countless times now. Do you have a man crush on me or something?

I've freely admitted PG's improved, and is a very good player. He still hasn't earned superstar status. That's overzealous. I asked people if they saw T-Mac lite, or Josh Smith. Both are good or great players. Even in the first post I said he was good.

He's had half of season of elite play, in a league dwindling with elite talent, particularly his own conference. Also, his numbers have been steadily coming back down to earth the past several weeks.

22 / 4 / 6 isn't a superstar. Kobe stans were pumping him up because a) he's from LA b) he's admitted Kobe's his favorite player, thus the #24. That's why you guys are riding this guy's jock so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Honestly, if you're right about George, I like that better than so-called "superstars." There's almost nothing I like better than a really long SF who plays great man and team defense, takes good shots and hits them, finishes plays, does what he's told, moves the ball decently, and is otherwise dumb and uncreative as a rock. Unless you have first-rate creating/passing ability, first-rate leadership, or first-rate O or D in the paint, I'll take a Paul George or Loul Deng over you. Be Lebron James or GTFO. I like guys who the Spurs would want. They're the kinds of guys you'll often find on championship rosters, while guys like Steve Nash and Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson aren't.