Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What is your definition of a championship caliber team?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    Who said anything about Lebron?? Don't drag me into that crap because I don't get down with that moronic trolling you guys do on here. I'm here to talk basketball intelligently.

If you want to call Lebron's Cavs a superteam, I don't care. It satisfies my criteria, but so do the Spurs that they lost to. They lost to a better superteam. Where was the "pwned" part happen exactly?

OP was mad because everyone thought Lebrons cavs teams were going to win the title ( at least get to the Finals)...after winning 60 games a season....

now he's here to tell everyone.....60 win teams that lose in the ECFinals are really not good/championship caliber teams

sory you got caught in the crossfire...but this is serious biznazz......def thread worthymaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    Who said anything about Lebron?? Don't drag me into that crap because I don't get down with that moronic trolling you guys do on here. I'm here to talk basketball intelligently.

If you want to call Lebron's Cavs a superteam, I don't care. It satisfies my criteria, but so do the Spurs that they lost to. They lost to a better superteam. Where was the "pwned" part happen exactly?
    Nice deflection scrub. You should lurk a little more so you don't embarrass yourself next time. You'll get'em next time tiger.

one that has kobe on it

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    so much BS......

- they became super teams because there stars won them to titles!....

- Magic steps up as rookie and helps LA win the title.....if he chokes or doesn't win titles he goes down as a TMAC caliber player...

- Bird and the Celtics win Titles....if he doesn't win , Bird and Mchale go down as Drexler / Kersey and Duckworth type players....

- Jordan won titles.....If he lost every year....he would have gone down like Lebron ( before he quit and left Cleveland)

- Barkley played on super teams his whole career....never won shit......as did Karl malone....Carmelo Anthony has played on Super teams.....Durant has played on great teams nearly his whole career.....

many great players play on great teams......to the winner goes the spoils.
    Where did I say that every superteam wins a championship?

My point is that if you want to build a "championship caliber team," a team that is a yearly threat to win a title, history says you need to build a superteam. It's been proven that they win the most championships. But yeah, only 1 team can win a championship per year, so if there are multiple superteams in the league the rest of them end up losing. Who knew?

And it's not BS just because you think so. Everything I'm saying is actually backed up by history.

Cavs were a championship caliber team since 07'......and the Rockets won in 1994'...

so you think the Rockets and Cavs wern't a championship caliber team?

Honestly no. I mean just because I don't think it doesn't mean it's 100% correct.
    Boston did what I expected them to do to beat the Cavs. See with me, the regular season doesn't hold that much weight.
    Even though we won, I didn't consider us a championship caliber team. I was proven incorrect, but I just looked at it like Hakeem would have to do too much. I don't like when one player has to lead his team in a million different catagories for them to win.

At least two players capable of leading a team to 50 plus wins.

Two players capable of being the second best player on a 50+ win team.

A competant bench

A competant coach

OP was mad because everyone thought Lebrons cavs teams were going to win the title ( at least get to the Finals)...after winning 60 games a season....

now he's here to tell everyone.....60 win teams that lose in the ECFinals are really not good/championship caliber teams

sory you got caught in the crossfire...but this is serious biznazz......def thread worthymaterial.

Wait wait wait bro. OP didn't get mad. OP never gets mad. Why would OP get mad at what somebody else thinks? I didn't say my definition was better than anybody else's. If I say the Cavs weren't a championship caliber team by my standards, but you disagree with me won't make me mad. I'm not right or wrong. I'm openly asking what other people think. I didn't list any teams until somebody else listed teams. This isn't really a debate thing. If you feel like you've "won" or something then have at it. I'm still wanting to know everybody's definition of a championship caliber team.

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    one that has kobe on it
    Smush Parker Lakers were a championship caliber team to you?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    At least two players capable of leading a team to 50 plus wins.

Two players capable of being the second best player on a 50+ win team.

A competant bench

A competant coach
    Nice! Hell that seems like the perfect team to me lol.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Simple answer for me is if you are one of the top 2 seeds in your conference, then you are automatically a contender. A couple other elite teams could be thrown around each conference with 3 or four seeds though, but it depends on how good they actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Wait wait wait bro. OP didn't get mad. OP never gets mad. Why would OP get mad at what somebody else thinks? I didn't say my definition was better than anybody else's. If I say the Cavs weren't a championship caliber team by my standards, but you disagree with me won't make me mad. I'm not right or wrong. I'm openly asking what other people think. I didn't list any teams until somebody else listed teams. This isn't really a debate thing. If you feel like you've "won" or something then have at it. I'm still wanting to know everybody's definition of a championship caliber team.

Bro!...

You started a Thread....Based off my post in a totally different thread ( just so you could get imaginary support).....

recap: You catched feelings after my post and thus....you needed imaginary online comfort......so you started this thread.

Bro...UMAD BRO!

Very good NBA starter

A team that is capable of beating any team in it's path. I do not consider teams that didn't win a championship "championship caliber" teams.

Maybe they are strongly contending for the title (ie. contenders) or are simply a "playoff caliber" team, but championship caliber teams have proved their mettle, and nobody gets in their way.

I don't see the definition of "championship caliber" team going hand-in-hand with regular season record. Good examples: Spurs of the last two seasons (#1 in the West) and the Phoenix Suns of 2005 (#1 in the entire league). Neither teams were champions.

Outside of the prerequisite of "no team can, or did, beat them", in championship teams I see common themes of: great coaches, great role players, great star players, supportive teammates, defensive and offensive competence, and more.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    If you take the best player off that team, they would still make the playoffs at least. (Not set in stone that they would make them. Just what I predict)

Please comment on what you consider a championship caliber team.
    I can think of quite a few championship teams that wouldn't have made the playoffs without their best player.

Anyway, in most cases, I think teams that play at a high level both offensively and defensively, and are elite at one of those ends are championship-caliber teams.

It's difficult to say in general, but there are usually a few teams each season I consider a realistic contender.

Bro!...

You started a Thread....Based off my post in a totally different thread ( just so you could get imaginary support).....

recap: You catched feelings after my post and thus....you needed imaginary online comfort......so you started this thread.

Bro...UMAD BRO!
    Why would I need imaginary online support? Why would I need support period? I asked what was everyone's definition of a championship caliber team. I haven't said a single person's definition was right or wrong or smart or dumb. Catch feelings? Me being mad? Because I didn't consider the Cavs contenders and everybody else did?
    I started the post because there are many different POVs of what a championship caliber team is. Nobody is right or wrong. Son, the last thing I would do would be mad at an online poster.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I can think of quite a few championship teams that wouldn't have made the playoffs without their best player.

Anyway, in most cases, I think teams that play at a high level both offensively and defensively, and are elite at one of those ends are championship-caliber teams.

It's difficult to say in general, but there are usually a few teams each season I consider a realistic contender.
    I feel ya. Like I said before though there's always exceptions to the rule. This is my general definition. Just looking at it from other's perspectives. I've been wrong plenty of times on teams that I wouldn't consider championship caliber and they still won. Thanks for the insight though bro!